Post a reply

Re: Coral Snooker Shoot Out!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Shoot-Out is fun for me, and especially an unique opportunity for the lower ranked players, but ranking event: NEVER!

Jill Douglas didn't remember where the World Grand Prix was staged rofl

Shows how important that was :|

That's fine. It's not my thing, personally. But nobody is saying you shouldn't enjoy the Shoot Out.

I think Hearn is under the misapprehension that people think the Shoot Out shouldn't be a ranker are saying so purely because they don't enjoy it. It's got nothing to do with that.

It's not snooker, and shouldn't count towards a player's ranking position. People will be shooting up the rankigs for appearing on Question Of Sport next.

Postby QSM

I've had a few bets on the shoot-out, so the outcome of those will determine my pleasure of the shoot-out.

Postby kolompar

I agree it shouldn't be a ranking event and also I'm disappointed that Tony Drago didn't enter when it looks like he could have, but I will still enjoy this tournament. It's fun, and a good chance for the lower ranked players to show themselves on tv and get some money. I'm home all day today so I can watch.
Come on Hatem Yassen :D

Postby SnookerFan

The Herminator wrote:I've bet that Mark Allen will eat a pie on camera.

Is this a cunning attempt at getting Allen fired?

Postby SnookerFan

Talking of Mark Allen, here is a Twitter Attack.

Mark Allen@pistol147
I love the event but they've ruined it for me making it ranking

A rare instance of talking sense from Allen.

Postby SnookerFan

Just saw somebody on Twitter complaining that there's no walk on girls anymore. That true?

I always found that to be a bit cheesy, anyway. Not really needed.

Looks stupid when they do it at the darts, as well.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Just saw somebody on Twitter complaining that there's no walk on girls anymore. That true?

Dominic Dale met his girl at the shootout - she was one of the walk on girls.

Postby LC

I've just realised this is on, I'm watching as even tho it's pretty marmite, there is nothing on!

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:This ref doesn't know the rules lol.

Barry felt that as this was now a ranking event, it was best to get in top professionals.

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Niggel Bond‏@NiggelBond If I don't get a walk-on girl for Rd 2, I'm not playing next yr @BarryHearn. Have been inundated with offers since winning #clockisticking

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Mark Allen‏@pistol147
Love the shootout but for me should never be a ranking comp. Atmosphere nothing like the years before. I always enjoyed the crowd involved

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

David Grace ‏@daveg147
Just got to Watford and flicked the Shoot Out on, where are the walk on girls?! #ClockIsTicking

Postby SnookerFan

That was always a bit cringey to me, anyway.

Snooker is sexy enough without a bunch of slappers walking in.

Not that the Shoot Out is snooker, of course.

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Just saw somebody on Twitter complaining that there's no walk on girls anymore. That true?

Dominic Dale met his girl at the shootout - she was one of the walk on girls.

I could be wrong ... bu i'm sure I remember reading somewhere that Joe Swail was once engaged to a girl he met when she was a contestant and he a player on 'Big Break'.

Pot as many balls as you can...

Postby LC

I'm surprised Hearn hasn't offered £147,000 for a maxi as a publicity stunt, because no one would ever do it !

Postby Alex0paul

It's sad seeing the ref trying to get the crowd to make some noise

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

Niggel Bond‏@NiggelBond If I don't get a walk-on girl for Rd 2, I'm not playing next yr @BarryHearn. Have been inundated with offers since winning #clockisticking

You do realise that's not Nigel Bond

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

You do realise that's not Nigel Bond

I hadn't when I posted it. I did afterwards, but thought it was funny, so left it up. <laugh>