Post a reply

Re: Coral Snooker Shoot Out!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:It's sad seeing the ref trying to get the crowd to make some noise

Did that really happen?

This supposedly fun event, now sounds very serious as a ranking event. :roll:

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:It's sad seeing the ref trying to get the crowd to make some noise

Did that really happen?

This supposedly fun event, now sounds very serious as a ranking event. :roll:

And it's pretty pointless having the players wear mics this year.

This year it's supposed to be even more serious than the previous years. If they mics ever made sense, it certainly isnt this year lol...

The venue isn't that good, the Tower Circus had a better atmosphere, a bit like the Old Goffs.

Postby OoNebsoO

15 or so seconds left, Thomond with a 28-25 lead over Holt. Smartly waits for clock to run over, but then plays a silly safety, and white goes in off. Holt wins 29-28.

Postby Andre147

<doh> <doh> <doh>

Thomond had the match won against Holt, 5 sec left, only had to hit a red, hit a red but played it thin and went in off.

Inexperience from him there.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:What an utter moron

Inexperience only

You try going out there and out of the two see who's the moron.

Postby Andre147

Feel sory the lad, especially against such a bellend like Holt.

Anyway....

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:

Inexperience only

It's not inexperience though. It's inexperience if you've never played snooker before but I don't think you'd find a club player playing a shot like that

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Inexperience only

It's not inexperience though. It's inexperience if you've never played snooker before but I don't think you'd find a club player playing a shot like that

Pressure got to him, that's all.

With the time running out and all that... you wouldn't find him doing that in off I think if it was a normal match.

Postby Andre147

McManus said there has never been a tied frame and blue ball shootout in this event... :chin:

I'm sure there has been one match tied when the 10 min ended no? I cant remember which edition, but I'm almost sure I once watched one...

Postby OoNebsoO

Andre147 wrote:McManus said there has never been a tied frame and blue ball shootout in this event... :chin:

I'm sure there has been one match tied when the 10 min ended no? I cant remember which edition, but I'm almost sure I once watched one...

He's wrong indeed. Can't remember the time or participants as well, but it certainly happened.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:buck sake, now a Snooker Island poster is playing.

I'm refusing to watch. So explain this joke to me.

Oh I got it. Michael Wild?

Postby Andre147

With ranking points now, the likes of Holt who is on the verge of the Top 16, an event like this will prove massive for them.

And again, like SF rightly said, what Hearn doesn't understand or simply doesnt want to is that the criticism came from people (like me) who actually do enjoy the event but hate it being a ranker this year.

I dont mind the event itself, but of fun, doesnt replace proper snooker by any means, and above all gives players lower down the rankings a massive chance for great money for them, plus the TV exposure they get from it.

But this a ranke? probably the worst thing ever done in Snooker, even worst than that Power Snooker thing.