Post a reply

Re: Coral Snooker Shoot Out!!!

Postby Andre147

My thoughts exactly!

Dotty should have kept his mouth shut! That suppoed "joke" doesnt make much sense since he did enter this event now being a ranker.

Why didn't he do like the likes of Robbo, Trump, Selby and Ronnie who did not enter the event...

He'll probably say he entered because he needs the ranking points, but if he does, then he's obviously supportive of this move by Hearn. If you don't like it being a ranker, don't bucking enter it. Its that simple really.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:This tournament is rubbish.

Being a ranker is rubbish, not the event itself for me.

But this year's edition seems weak compared to the first ones.

Postby Andre147

Mind you, a new version of Big Break would be wonderful!

Wasn't born or far too young to have watched it then, but I've seen many editions of it on Youtube and it was very fun.

That and the World Doubles should be brought back!

Postby Alex0paul

He said he plays in it because he enjoys it however now it's a ranker the enjoyment has dropped

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Mind you, a new version of Big Break would be wonderful!

Wasn't born or far too young to have watched it then, but I've seen many editions of it on Youtube and it was very fun.

That and the World Doubles should be brought back!

Really? Too young to remember Big Break?

I'm getting old.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 24 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
The Herminator wrote:He said making the shootout a ranker had ruined it a bit and if they brought Big Break back Hearn would probably make that a ranker.

the biggest swipe was not to enter in the first place and make it a commercial flop with a tramp drafted in off the street just to make up the numbers.

snooker players talks a good game but have the balls of a jelly fish.

Yeah, I was thinking that as well.

Isn't it abit hypocritical of Dott and whoever else to be criticizing this and yet they've still entered it. These guys have contributed to whatever success, big or small, this event has had.

If they brought back Big Break and made it a ranker Dott would probably enter that too. <doh>

When hearn anounced this both Mark Allen and Murphy was critical of it but still enter.

this tournament is telling Barry Hearn how far he can go to push it next will be a major overhaul of the WC.

Mark Allen and Shaun Murphy can kiss my fat, hairy bottom. They're the ones who were championing shot clock rankers on Twitter not so long ago.

Postby The Herminator

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
The Herminator wrote:He said making the shootout a ranker had ruined it a bit and if they brought Big Break back Hearn would probably make that a ranker.

the biggest swipe was not to enter in the first place and make it a commercial flop with a tramp drafted in off the street just to make up the numbers.

snooker players talks a good game but have the balls of a jelly fish.

Yeah, I was thinking that as well.

Isn't it abit hypocritical of Dott and whoever else to be criticizing this and yet they've still entered it. These guys have contributed to whatever success, big or small, this event has had.

If they brought back Big Break and made it a ranker Dott would probably enter that too. <doh>

When hearn anounced this both Mark Allen and Murphy was critical of it but still enter.

this tournament is telling Barry Hearn how far he can go to push it next will be a major overhaul of the WC.

Absolutely. Like him or loathe him (and snooker desperately needed a shot in the arm before he came in) Hearn has no interest in the "game" of snooker only snooker as a product. Where the two coincide that's great but he will gladly sacrifice the former for the latter regardless of quality. If he could get away with Best of 7s and shot clocks at the WSC he'd do it like a shot. It's only a matter of time before it moves from the Crucible.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:

Being a ranker is rubbish, not the event itself for me.

But this year's edition seems weak compared to the first ones.

You're right, this was okay as a fun, gimmick event. But not only was it wrong to make it a ranking event, it's clearly proven detrimental to what made the thing appealing in the first place: that it was light hearted.

Also, this venue is rubbish. Blackpool and The Hexagon are very good snooker venues.

Postby SnookerFan

The Herminator wrote:Absolutely. Like him or loathe him (and snooker desperately needed a shot in the arm before he came in) Hearn has no interest in the "game" of snooker only snooker as a product. Where the two coincide that's great but he will gladly sacrifice the former for the latter regardless of quality. If he could get away with Best of 7s and shot clocks at the WSC he'd do it like a shot. It's only a matter of time before it moves from the Crucible.

The Hearns count something as a success only if they can hype it well. They base it on nothing else.

World Snooker needed that when Hearn came in, snooker was on the bones of it's bottom. He's done wonders for the sport, so this isn't an attack on Barry Hearn.

But his responses about this being a once in a year event, or pointing to how popular it is, or acting like sponsors being willing to pay up just demonstrate that he doesn't understand people's complaint. People aren't complaining that the Shootout exists. Just that it shouldn't be a ranking event. It's not hard to understand, but Barry doesn't seem to able to get his head around it.

Postby davisfan

Andre147 wrote:Mind you, a new version of Big Break would be wonderful!

No. God no.

Andre147 wrote:That and the World Doubles should be brought back!

Yes!

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
But his responses about this being a once in a year event, or pointing to how popular it is, or acting like sponsors being willing to pay up just demonstrate that he doesn't understand people's complaint. People aren't complaining that the Shootout exists. Just that it shouldn't be a ranking event. It's not hard to understand, but Barry doesn't seem to able to get his head around it.

Of course he understands! He did it for the hype! DUHHHHH! One thing Barry Hearn is not is stupid. Just look at you lot talking about it. Exactly what he wanted. It's bucking boring.zzzz

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Of course he understands! He did it for the hype! DUHHHHH! One thing Barry Hearn is not is stupid. Just look at you lot talking about it. Exactly what he wanted. It's bucking boring.zzzz

You are bucking boring. :grrr:

Postby SnookerFan

It is now officially Pointless though.

TWITTER ATTACK!

Richard Osman ‏@richardosman
Love the #snookershootout on @ITV4 . Good work @BarryHearn

Postby Pink Ball

Dan-cat wrote:

Don't watch it or post then you big pink stink

Sigh...

Look it Dan, I like you, and I don't want to have to destroy you. So I'll give you 24 hours to apologise, and we'll call it quits at that. Sound fair enough?

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Shaun Murphy‏@Magician147
Amidst the criticism of the shootout I have to say that I absolutely love it. I wish more tournaments had that atmosphere. #clockisticking

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:He said he plays in it because he enjoys it however now it's a ranker the enjoyment has dropped

Then even more of a reason why he should stop being such a p.u.s.s.y and do like other top players: if you dont like it being a ranker and think the enjoyment is gone, dont enter it, simple.

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:He said he plays in it because he enjoys it however now it's a ranker the enjoyment has dropped

Then even more of a reason why he should stop being such a p.u.s.s.y and do like other top players: if you dont like it being a ranker and think the enjoyment is gone, dont enter it, simple.

Unfortunately because he's been so crap recently he can't afford not to play because of his ranking

Postby Vallomas

This guy, Hamza Akbar, is so unlucky with his draws.

This tournament could have been a chance for him to get some money, but he had to face the highest ranked player....

Postby kolompar

Dott entered because he's not boring :gag: But actually Dott isn't really a top player now so him not entering wouldn't really have an effect.
I think the player who should get the most hate is the highest ranked and only player in the top 5 to enter.

Postby SnookerFan

kolompar wrote:Dott entered because he's not boring :gag: But actually Dott isn't really a top player now so him not entering wouldn't really have an effect.
I think the player who should get the most hate is the highest ranked and only player in the top 5 to enter.

He's a bit boring.

Postby Andre147

I actually like Dott, what I found stupid was his go at Hearn yesterday. Even if he's entered because of his ranking, let's face it, this event wasn't a ranker in previous years. He should have considered not entering this one and treat it like previous years when it wasn't a ranking event. I say he secretly likes this move by Hearn because it's a chance for him to earn ranking money.

He may have entered because he just enjoys the event, but if that's the case then he should have just kept quiet.

Anyway, because of that, I hope he doesnt get far on this one.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dott should go stand in a field with cows, whilst holding up a placard saying how much he hates this being ranker now. Maybe then people will take notice of him.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:We're probably putting more thought into this than Dott did. Maybe he was just making a wee joke?

He loves this being a ranking event since he can climb a few places up in the rankings, given how poor he's been of late.