Post a reply

Re: World Seniors Championship 2017

Postby hendry_fan

:phew: :phew: PHHHHHHHHHHEWWWWWWWWWW!!.

Well that was buckin close :phew:

Well done Stephen,it was his tempermant/patience that help win him this match,there was a bout in the match where Owens was gettin a good run o the ball,got a few lucky snookers,but Stephen kept his cool and it paid off.

His performance was,nt anything to shout about,made a good few errors,but he won.

That deciders are decided on the black ball,(a blackball shootout) is nonsense tbh,but the rules are the same for all of the players so thats the way it is.

:happy: :happy: GET IN THERE STEPHEN!. :happy: :happy:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

hendry_fan wrote::phew: :phew: PHHHHHHHHHHEWWWWWWWWWW!!.

Well that was buckin close :phew:

Well done Stephen,it was his tempermant/patience that help win him this match,there was a bout in the match where Owens was gettin a good run o the ball,got a few lucky snookers,but Stephen kept his cool and it paid off.

His performance was,nt anything to shout about,made a good few errors,but he won.

That deciders are decided on the black ball,(a blackball shootout) is nonsense tbh,but the rules are the same for all of the players so thats the way it is.

:happy: :happy: GET IN THERE STEPHEN!. :happy: :happy:

That's great news - he retired too early given that he is easily one of the top five snooker players who ever lived.

Postby TheSaviour

Interesting. Because Peter Lines is still a hard as a rock pro. Who for expample beat has beat Neil Robertson during this season. So let´s see what Stephen still got. I find it quite sure that the winner of that semi-final will win the whole thing.

Whooa. Back to the basics then. Following Stephen Hendry´s matches and snooker. The lads on the main tour have once again perfected it, the way to play the snooker. There´s a quite a mix. But always only a one player can win the whole thing. Besides that fact there always is a 100% chaos out there, who beats who. So here it is a much more straightforward. Now it is either Stephen or Peter Lines, if you ask me. But it is not John Parrot´s fault by any means. He will just have to play what he just possible can.

A nice bit of a warm up towards the real thing. Je Je. Even the qualifiers will be some hard stuff. I found it a good tactics that Jimmy isn´t playing here. He really needs to be immediately completely ready when it starts. A year ago he started very well against Gerard Greene, wasn´t he 4-1 or 5-2 up or something like that. Only to lose it. He had the wrong tacticts. To started so fast and then getting bored. Jimmy could well afford his opponents to be a frontrunners. If he is at his best. And then just steadily tighneting it up towards the end of the match. Because Jimmy got that extra which only a few players have. Sort of a working it out with the power, experience and grittiness he has. Only a very few players out there could even possible live with that. IF Jimmy plays the tactics like that. But let´s see.

So first this one.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:Given an infinite amount of monkeys, snooker tables and time, would they make a 147?

Undoubtebly!

In fact you could save yourself money and/or time by just investing in an infinite number of one of the quantities. Although of course an infinite number of monkeys would require an infinite number of snooker tables (unless you are bringing in a waiting system - chalkboard??).

The (apparently!) cheapest way would be one monkey (a pre-qualifying tournament would save time by locating a simian with the best snooker skills), one table and let him play for an infinite time. However, unless this is a pure gedankenexperiment you will come up against a problem. The monkey will age and start to decline in form -most likely around the age of 10-13 as monkey years are around a third of human years. There will be a likely return to form at approximately 15 in a similar vein to Anthony Hamilton etc but by then the monkey-maxi is unlikely. The ape will soon die.

So I would recommend two pairs of monkeys - one pair consisting of the tournament winning ape and his wife and one with the ability to manage a small snooker hall (along with his wife). The reason for this is so that the snooker playing monkey would be able to concentrate on his maxi attempts whilst requesting bananas, tea etc from the other couple behind the bar. In time he will pro-create with his wife and hopefully pass on his snooker knowledge to his child - thus allowing for a continuation of the 147 attempt upon his death (please note that non incestuous continuation is possible (just) due to the presence of the manager monkey couple)). I would estimate five to six generations to be necessary.

Dan-Cat - if you are thinking of going ahead with this, I would recommend that you consider the following with some urgency:

Easy cut pockets
Significant fruit based prize fund to avoid the monkey deliberately making a 146

Good luck

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Given an infinite amount of monkeys, snooker tables and time, would they make a 147?

One nearly made one once. But the prize money wasn't there, so he made a 146 instead. <ok>

Postby PoolBoy

Blimey, I timed that well!
Looked at the stream and Parrott was just 'breaking off' in the black-ball decider...
What a lovely long pot on the black from JP!

So, he's in the Final later this evening - best of 7 in that match.

John Parrott 3-2 Jonathan Bagley

Final:
Stephen Hendry or Peter Lines v John Parrott

Postby PoolBoy

OoNebsoO wrote:I've just now saw there's a shotclock. Why's there a shotclock? These are older people, they need more time. :)

Yeah, a 30-second shot-clock, so not too bad. But, generally, I'm not a fan of them.

Postby PoolBoy

Hendry not at the races - Lines just far too sharp for him.
I suspect, Parrott will find it the same this evening.

Stephen Hendry 0-3 Peter Lines

Peter Lines v John Parrott

Best of 7 frames for a place in the qualifiers for the Crucible!

Postby Andre147

kolompar wrote:So nostalgic seeing Peter Lines winning, brings back a lot of memories.

yeah lol

pmsl