Post a reply

Re: Evergrande China Championship Final !!!!!

Postby Sickpotter

masterdoctorgenius wrote:hahahahaha, a higgins fanboy turns up after ages

Shouldn't you be whining about Ronnie not being there and how the tournament was worthless without him?

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:another rubbish week of snooker

What?

Were you watching the same final? Slow start, but from frame 5 that was an exciting, close final featuring two players playing well. What more do you want?

There were good matches earlier in the week too.

What's your idea of a good week's snooker?

Postby Andre147

It may annoy some of Ronnie's fans, certainly not me, as I'm no fanboy, Ronnie just so happens to be my favourite player.

When Higgins plays, I'd normally root for the other player, but here I wasn't. Boy did he play well, especially those last 3 frames were just sheer sheers class!!! 3 consecutive tons to win the match, you can't possibly ask no better way to win a title.

You could see he was trying so so hard, it was visible in the emotion he showed afterwards.

Very well played John Higgins, happy fr you, a true great Champion like he is deserves more big wins like this. :hatoff: The big question for him nowadays (and indeed Ronnie) is to maintain that consistency over 1 or more tournaments a season.

If they can do that, they can win more titles, just like they have even after turning 40.

Higgins <cool> :hatoff:

Postby masterdoctorgenius

SnookerFan wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:another rubbish week of snooker

What?

Were you watching the same final? Slow start, but from frame 5 that was an exciting, close final featuring two players playing well. What more do you want?

There were good matches earlier in the week too.

What's your idea of a good week's snooker?

higgins not winning a tournament.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Andre147 wrote:It may annoy some of Ronnie's fans, certainly not me, as I'm no fanboy, Ronnie just so happens to be my favourite player.

When Higgins plays, I'd normally root for the other player, but here I wasn't. Boy did he play well, especially those last 3 frames were just sheer sheers class!!! 3 consecutive tons to win the match, you can't possibly ask no better way to win a title.

You could see he was trying so so hard, it was visible in the emotion he showed afterwards.

Very well played John Higgins, happy fr you, a true great Champion like he is deserves more big wins like this. :hatoff: The big question for him nowadays (and indeed Ronnie) is to maintain that consistency over 1 or more tournaments a season.

If they can do that, they can win more titles, just like they have even after turning 40.

what did make you change your mind to support higgins this time?

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:What are we going to do tomorrow with no snooker on?

Watching some old (classic) snooker matches on youtube. Don't know if you're the type of guy who likes to do this but I surely do whenever there's no live snooker on TV.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Andre147 wrote:It may annoy some of Ronnie's fans, certainly not me, as I'm no fanboy, Ronnie just so happens to be my favourite player.

what did make you change your mind to support higgins this time?

Maybe because this isn't a ranker.

if it was and Higgins won and went above davis and ronnie, I certainly wouldn't have supported Higgins, but would congratulate him on that amazing achievment regardless.

Postby Vallomas

I can't understand this hatred against John Higgins. I also can't believe that he has only few dedicated fans here -he's a living legend of the game and one of my favourite players.

Well deserved win and what he did in the end with the three consecutive tons was a true show of his top class. Bingham played well too and I expected him to going stronger in the 2nd session, but we actually saw Higgins doing that.

Overall, a very nice tournament with some really good matches. I fancied the concept of the top 10 of the ranking list + 4 of the in form players of the start of the season + 2 wild cards, I think it offered something different in the tour. It's a pity that World Snooker will turn it to "one more flat 128 ranking event" and I see no reason to keep International Championship in the calendar -especially if the two tournaments are so close in the calendar like they were this season.

Postby Wildey

Higgins killed the Match off like the champion he is however he was given time to shine by Bingham.

first 11 frames of the final higgins had 1 half century in the final 6 frames he had 3 centuries and 2 fifties.

if you dont flatten these past champions they start to remember how to do it.