Post a reply

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters !!!!!

Postby Dannyboy

Ken Doherty v Ryan Day final this evening.

Wouldn't have expected that a few days ago. Win this and he's probably already guaranteed a tour card for 2019-20.

Postby SnookerEd25

day-Williams goes to a decider, as doherty-maguire also heading for the wire, and i have to go and pick up my wife from the station. Bah!

At least i'll be back in time for the final.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:day-Williams goes to a decider, as doherty-maguire also heading for the wire, and i have to go and pick up my wife from the station. Bah!

At least i'll be back in time for the final.

I'm hoping to watch.

Postby kolompar

eraserhead wrote:So what's the average age of people left now without Ants weighing it down?

For the semifinalist it's around the same as last year with Darren Morgan, a bit over 40. Now if Doherty and Williams both win, would that be the oldest ever ranking final?

Postby Alex0paul

Ryan Day into his 5th ranking final.

Nobody has lost their first 5 ranking event finals.

Postby eraserhead

Yay Mags! :happy:

Will be rooting for Mags slightly more but would also be happy to see Day finally win a ranking event. Got a good chance too after the way Mags played.

Postby kolompar

kolompar wrote:
eraserhead wrote:So what's the average age of people left now without Ants weighing it down?

For the semifinalist it's around the same as last year with Darren Morgan, a bit over 40. Now if Doherty and Williams both win, would that be the oldest ever ranking final?

Would have been up there with the 1975 World final and that wasn't ranking. It's the two youngsters in the final anyway.

Postby hendry_fan

Hard luck Ken.

I managed to see the end of the 8th frame and the final frame.

When it was the decider,i suddenly changed my mind and wanted Mags to win,i almost forgot that it,s been ages since he won a ranker as well,it has,nt been as lonnnnng as since Ken won his last one,but still,it,s been a good while since his last ranking win,which was in 2013,where he just managed to beat Bingo by 9 frames to 8 at the Welsh Open.

Despite this defeat,it,s been Kens first semi-final in a ranking tourney for the first time in 6 years,would have been amazin had he of gone on and won this tourney,the last red he took on in that decider was a very tough one,especially under the circumstances.

The last time he won a ranker was way back in 2006 in the Malta Cup,who he just managed to beat John Higgins by 9 frames to 8.

Even though Day has the chance of finaly winnin his first ever ranking tourney,i hope Mags wins,it,s high time he added to his silverware collection.

Once again MJW fails to capture another bit o silverware. :dizzy: