Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Northern Ireland Open last 64 !!!!

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:Ronnie couldn't have wished for a easier draw coming in with Jet lag

Last 128 Rank 127
Last 64 rank 113
Last 32 rank 82
Last 16 rank 70 or 81

true, but you still got to make the most of an easy draw when it's presented to you.

Recently he's bottled some easy draw opportunities.

just like selby did

Postby Alex0paul

Wildey wrote:Ronnie couldn't have wished for a easier draw coming in with Jet lag

Last 128 Rank 127
Last 64 rank 113
Last 32 rank 82
Last 16 rank 70 or 81

Hang on! I thought you said easy draws didn't exist??

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:standardwise this tournament has been really poor so far it has to be said. Not enjoying this at all. And I don't think it'll be getting much better. I hope we'll get a exciting final at least.

standards arent everything i enjoy watching mistakes ridden matches just as much

I have nothing against some nerves or twitching (that makes it exciting) but if the level drops too much it can be terrible to watch. Like that bottling journeyman I've seen Ronnie play today.

But this tournament will never be up there with one of the best I'm afraid. Its just taking place at the worst possible time. After all the China tournaments and travelling and just a week before the UK. So you'll always have many topplayers skipping this and those who enter won't play their best either due to jetlag.

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:

Last 128 Rank 127
Last 64 rank 113
Last 32 rank 82
Last 16 rank 70 or 81

They provide a false lead.

Postby Deewee

Meanwhile,
Snookerbacker on twitter:
Best of 7's in Belfast. Snooker boys on the booze.
Two tons Maguire goes and celebrates and gets hammered. Same with Carrington after his moment of glory.
Don't say that lightly. Just naming two. Far too many treating these comps like a holiday now.
Take it as a compliment that I single you two out.

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:standardwise this tournament has been really poor so far it has to be said. Not enjoying this at all. And I don't think it'll be getting much better. I hope we'll get a exciting final at least.

standards arent everything i enjoy watching mistakes ridden matches just as much

Agree

Postby SnookerFan

Deewee wrote:Meanwhile,
Snookerbacker on twitter:
Best of 7's in Belfast. Snooker boys on the booze.
Two tons Maguire goes and celebrates and gets hammered. Same with Carrington after his moment of glory.
Don't say that lightly. Just naming two. Far too many treating these comps like a holiday now.
Take it as a compliment that I single you two out.

If you're going to get legless, may as well be for the Alex Higgins trophy. :shrug:

Seriously though, that's shocking. No wonder Mags is so useless now.

I enjoy a drink as much as the next man. But in the middle of a pro competition?

If you want to drink with snooker, retire and watch it in the stands like the rest of us.

Boozy weekends watching it from a hotel? Fine.

Winning a last 128, and getting bladdered? Retarded.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 23 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:

Last 128 Rank 127
Last 64 rank 113
Last 32 rank 82
Last 16 rank 70 or 81

I Dont but people in glass houses should shut the buck up because theres always a point to be proved and this week its Ronnies turn to have it just slightly easy.

as andre said you got to make it pay.

Postby Lou147

Good win for Ricky against the in form Lisowski today, slowly getting back to where he was before the injury. Reckon the winner of his match v Bingtao could be a dark horse this week, I think Ronnie will succumb to tiredness at some point

Postby Andre147

Lou147 wrote:Good win for Ricky against the in form Lisowski today, slowly getting back to where he was before the injury. Reckon the winner of his match v Bingtao could be a dark horse this week, I think Ronnie will succumb to tiredness at some point

sadly me too, but have got to say he's coping with it better than anyone. Even Selby couldn't at the CoC, and he hadn't played as much Snooker back to back as Ronnie is doing.