Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Northern Ireland Open Quarter Finals !!!

Postby mick745

TheRocket wrote:Ronnie's always turning into a wise man in the studio and talking a lot of sense when he does his punditry. He's right. If Bingtao wants to dominate the game and become a special player he has to win tournaments now. At 17. Not in three ,four or five years. If he's good enough he can do it now.

The greats of the past have all started winning early, think of Hendry, O'Sullivan, Williams, Higgins, Ding, they had all won ranking tournaments at age 20 or under. Yan is not even yet the age Ronnie was when he won his first ranker. Hope he does it.

Postby SnookerFan

mick745 wrote:
Wildey wrote:In the 80s Majority of neutrals thought snooker was boring because at the end of the tournament yet again Steve Davis in the final.

I For one think its great having some young players getting through to the business end of tournaments that's the future of the sport not Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Totally agree

Wild does, occasionally, talk sense.

Postby TheRocket

A MJW Bingtao final would be great but also quite tough to watch for me. On the one side I'd love to see Williams winning another ranker (might be his last ever) but on the other side you have the future of Snooker.

Postby Andre147

mick745 wrote:The only teenagers to reach a ranking final are:

Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui, Stephen Hendry, Paul Hunter, John Higgins, Mark Selby and James Wattana.

Haotian or Bingtao to join the list!

And if Bingtao wins the title he'll be the youngest ever ranking event winner, so a lot to play for.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
mick745 wrote:
Wildey wrote:In the 80s Majority of neutrals thought snooker was boring because at the end of the tournament yet again Steve Davis in the final.

I For one think its great having some young players getting through to the business end of tournaments that's the future of the sport not Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Totally agree

Wild does, occasionally, talk sense.

Shhhhhh

ive got a rep to protect :no:

Postby Wildey

Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui, Stephen Hendry, Paul Hunter, John Higgins, Mark Selby and James Wattana.

a hell of a long time since any of thoes players were teenagers

19 World Titles and 127 Ranking titles between thoes 7 players

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:

And if Bingtao wins the title he'll be the youngest ever ranking event winner, so a lot to play for.

I like the way Bingtao play the game, but I hope that doesn't happen. I want Ronnie to keep this record.
Plus Mark deserves another ranker.
Bingtao is very young, ha has plenty of time to win trophies.