Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Northern Ireland Open Quarter Finals !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:Good for Willo to be in the semis of a tournament again.
Disappointed that Ronn isn't there also. He shouldn't have thrown the match away against a numpty like Slessor.

He lost.

If Sless is a numpty, Ronnie is a player who loses to numpties.

He is worse.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:
Disappointed that Ronn isn't there also. He shouldn't have thrown the match away against a numpty like Slessor.

He lost.

He is worse.

IMO Ronnie simply didn't try hard enough.

Postby TheRocket

can't blame him though. Imagine you win a tourney like Shanghai in great fashion and then play in a tournament like this a few days later. Bo7's, 128 players with 5 or 6 Top16 players not even participating. That yuan-slessor match summed up this tournament.

Postby Alex0paul

Ronnie has lost to Slessor players in the past. Elliot deserved to win.

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

He lost.

He is worse.

IMO Ronnie simply didn't try hard enough.

bullocks.

I'm a Ronnie fan as everyone knows, but Ronnie didn't play well enough and he lost, simple as that.

This "Ronnie just didn't try" excuse has seemingly been trotted out since he turned pro whenever he's lost but it's only occasionally been true. The fact is he didn't play well enough, partly I'm sure due to fatigue but partly because no one plays well all the time, and he got beaten by a better player on the day.

It happens. He's had a great 2 months. There's no need to look for excuses after a loss that was always going to come eventually.

Back to the match that is actually taking place, Bingtao squanders a great chance to pull level, but with both players feeling the pressure it's no surprise to see Milkins break down.

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote: can't blame him though. Imagine you win a tourney like Shanghai in great fashion and then play in a tournament like this a few days later. Bo7's, 128 players with 5 or 6 Top16 players not even participating.

But that's the fact. He should have taken advantage of the fact that top 16 were out in the early rounds and/or not participating. This was a great chance to win another ranker and still be pursuing the million pounds bonus.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:

Ronnie has lost to Slessor players in the past. Elliot deserved to win.

sure he has, all top players have in fact.

bad day at the offcie, quite simple really.

he's had a great 2 months, winning 2 rankers plus another final. Cant ask for much more really.

He'll give it all at the UK.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:Okay, I apologize if my earlier comment came across as racist, it wasn't meant to be. Simply a bad joke gone awry.

Sorry.

<ok> <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Just finishing my fifth pint of lager. But gone now. But I do want to see the end of this match.

Have another pint.

Don't tempt me.

I am going to the cinema tomorrow to watch The Justice League.

Last thing I want to do is puke on my popcorn.

Postby Wildey

In the 80s Majority of neutrals thought snooker was boring because at the end of the tournament yet again Steve Davis in the final.

I For one think its great having some young players getting through to the business end of tournaments that's the future of the sport not Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Postby mick745

Wildey wrote:In the 80s Majority of neutrals thought snooker was boring because at the end of the tournament yet again Steve Davis in the final.

I For one think its great having some young players getting through to the business end of tournaments that's the future of the sport not Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Totally agree