Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Northern Ireland Open Semi Finals !!!

Postby TheRocket

Alex0paul wrote:We could look back in a few years at this season as the dawn of the new era when Brecel and Yan won their first rankers but Higgins and O'Sullivan won their last

Aint gonna happen. Unless Bingtao or Brecel started a Hendry-like dominance. And you need a lot of fantasy to think that could happen.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Cloud Strife wrote:Yan needs to lay off the chow mein and Peking duck abit, imo. He looks to be in the early throes of a Stephen Lee type physique.

Looks like he's necking Dim Sum' like their smarties.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:We could look back in a few years at this season as the dawn of the new era when Brecel and Yan won their first rankers but Higgins and O'Sullivan won their last

Aint gonna happen. Unless Bingtao or Brecel started a Hendry-like dominance. And you need a lot of fantasy to think that could happen.

As I said, many would love Higgins and Ronnie to be finished, but both wont give them that pleasure just yet.

Postby Cloud Strife

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Yan needs to lay off the chow mein and Peking duck abit, imo. He looks to be in the early throes of a Stephen Lee type physique.

Fattist.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Cloud Strife wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

Fattist.

I heard the lads say Yan was only 17.Is that years or stone?

Postby Pink Ball

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

Fattist.

I heard the lads say Yan was only 17.Is that years or stone?

Show some respect for the players, please.

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Final odds
Yan evens
Williams 4/5

Who do the experts on here fancy?

Williams, if it happens.

Will his wife's illness prove a diatraction though?

He should have already gone home. I don't care if this was The World Final and he was leading 12-5 after the first day. I know from bitter experience what it is like to lose a partner. I had a girlfriend of over a year when I was in my mid 20s who was killed in a car crash. My main regret was not being at her side when she took her last breath. Wiilliams should go home now, even if it is very unlikely this is serious.

Postby Pink Ball

vodkadiet wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Yan evens
Williams 4/5

Williams, if it happens.

He should have already gone home. I don't care if this was The World Final and he was leading 12-5 after the first day. I know from bitter experience what it is like to lose a partner. I had a girlfriend of over a year when I was in my mid 20s who was killed in a car crash. My main regret was not being at her side when she took her last breath. Wiilliams should go home now, even if it is very unlikely this is serious.

That is very sad; I remember you posting about that before.

It's very different, but my wife was severely depressed a few years ago and we were very worried for her safety. I don't know if it's arrogant but helping her through that is what I am most proud of.

Then again, I was probably the reason she was sad in the first place.

Postby vodkadiet

Pink Ball wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Yan evens
Williams 4/5

Williams, if it happens.

It's very different, but my wife was severely depressed a few years ago and we were very worried for her safety. I don't know if it's arrogant but helping her through that is what I am most proud of.

Pink Ball; you should be most proud of that. No doubt you are being modest, your wife is very happy to have found you. My present partner works with the mentally ill/ severely depressed. It is such a worthwhile existence to work those who are in need of help.

Having read your comments on here I know you're a good guy and your wife is lucky have you. Life is short and you should cherish every moment you have with her. X

Postby Chalk McHugh

Fair play Pinkie.Believe me,i know how debilitating depression is.

I have gone through 15 years of addiction and am hery lucky to be still alive.A few very close shaves.The last of which was just six weeks ago when i couldn't stop coughibg up blood for a full 24 hours.Call out doctor had to come to my home.Very scary stuff.

As a result of this and some other things i suffer badly from depression at times.All the regret.All the hard earned money blown.The so called friends that use you.The sickness.Not able to work or go out side.So so many regrets.My poor mother is up the walls with worry.Only for her help i dont know where i'd be.

Good to hear your wife is doin better.The help of a loved one is priceless.Keep the chin up lad.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:Fair play Pinkie.Believe me,i know how debilitating depression is.

I have gone through 15 years of addiction and am hery lucky to be still alive.A few very close shaves.The last of which was just six weeks ago when i couldn't stop coughibg up blood for a full 24 hours.Call out doctor had to come to my home.Very scary stuff.

As a result of this and some other things i suffer badly from depression at times.All the regret.All the hard earned money blown.The so called friends that use you.The sickness.Not able to work or go out side.So so many regrets.My poor mother is up the walls with worry.Only for her help i dont know where i'd be.

Good to hear your wife is doin better.The help of a loved one is priceless.Keep the chin up lad.

Chalk McHugh. :hatoff:

Pinkball. :hatoff:

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Fair play Pinkie.Believe me,i know how debilitating depression is.

Chalk McHugh. :hatoff:

Pinkball. :hatoff:

Indeed. :hatoff:

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Yan evens
Williams 4/5

Williams, if it happens.

buck me, you do know how to kill the mood, don't you? :td: