Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Last 64 !!!

Postby Holden Chinaski

Imagine how cool it must be for a player like Craigie to have his game analysed by Ronnie! Craigie will watch this match later and pay attention to Ronnie's comments I garantee you.

Ronnie commentary is great! Lots of technical info. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

boris_the_butcher wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie doing commentary on the Trump match?

Yeah.

Shame I'm missing it.

How many times has he mentioned Higgins? And Federer? :zzz:

Anybody who thinks that tennis is even 1% comparable to snooker in terms of excitement, deserves little respect. *

*Just my opinion.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:Imagine how cool it must be for a player like Craigie to have his game analysed by Ronnie! Craigie will watch this match later and pay attention to Ronnie's comments I garantee you.

"Errrrr.... Craigie, he's like Higgins. And Federer."

:zzz:

rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:The BBC must be so gutted about Ronnie working with Eurosport. Serves them right for sacking Clive and cutting matches short. <ok>

That's why Virgo wasn't commentating.

He took the week off, hoping to see Ronnie doing punditry for Eurosport.

Postby Pink Ball

I never, ever thought Sullivan would be in any way suited to punditry/commentary. But he is actually one of the best. I think it might be something to do with his more likeable demeanour in recent years. I actually like Sullivan now. Couldn't stand him at one point, even though I always loved watching him play. I can't understand how anyone who loves snooker wouldn't love watching Sullivan play, but it's all opinions I guess.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Imagine how cool it must be for a player like Craigie to have his game analysed by Ronnie! Craigie will watch this match later and pay attention to Ronnie's comments I garantee you.

"Errrrr.... Craigie, he's like Higgins. And Federer."

:zzz:

rofl

It's not like that at all. He's really breaking down the way Craigie plays and giving him tips. Some very interesting comments in my opinion.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Pink Ball wrote:I never, ever thought Sullivan would be in any way suited to punditry/commentary. But he is actually one of the best.

I agree. I'm surprised at how good he is. One of the best, and I'm not saying that cause I'm a fan. It's just really good commentary.

Postby Pink Ball

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I never, ever thought Sullivan would be in any way suited to punditry/commentary. But he is actually one of the best.

I agree. I'm surprised at how good he is. One of the best, and I'm not saying that cause I'm a fan. It's just really good commentary.

I like Jimmy White too, which I also never expected.

If a channel had the following team, I'd be happy out: Everton, Foulds, Hendry (of old), Sullivan, McManus, White, Hendon.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Pink Ball wrote:If a channel had the following team, I'd be happy out: Everton, Foulds, Hendry (of old), Sullivan, McManus, White, Hendon.

Wow, that would be a dream team! :bowdown:

Postby Cloud Strife

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:If a channel had the following team, I'd be happy out: Everton, Foulds, Hendry (of old), Sullivan, McManus, White, Hendon.

That really would be a perfect team, provided Jimmy got himself some elocution lessons.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:

O'Sullivan would be the last player I could ever see doing punditry work, but fact is he's one of the best in the business.

The only exception is when he starts saying "oh he's gonna be World Champion soon". <laugh>

Postby Holden Chinaski

Cloud Strife wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

That really would be a perfect team, provided Jimmy got himself some elocution lessons.

English is not my first language and I understand Jimmy perfectly. All these years of watching snooker have improved my english a lot!

Postby Pink Ball

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

English is not my first language and I understand Jimmy perfectly. All these years of watching snooker have improved my english a lot!

English isn't my first language either but I've better English than White.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

O'Sullivan would be the last player I could ever see doing punditry work, but fact is he's one of the best in the business.

The only exception is when he starts saying "oh he's gonna be World Champion soon". <laugh>

Ronnie obviously know everything there is to know about the game. He comes across as someone who is very, very passionate about the game.

He just said he loves watching other players and is a a real fan. Seems he really likes commentating. I would love for him to keep doing it after he retires!

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

A lot of people said Hendry would never do commentary / punditry either, but there he is.

Postby SnookerFan

boris_the_butcher wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
boris_the_butcher wrote:Ronnie sounds like a guest at a xmas Chas 'n Dave knees up.

Is he rabbiting on?

a bit, but he's going snooker loopy.

Has he got his beer in the sideboard here?

Postby Andre147

I think either Higgins or Ronnie may win this tournament.

Both can meet in the Quarters just like last year when Higgins beat him 5-2. SInce that defeat Ronnie owns him.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Who's the better commentator - Hendry or O'Sullivan?

Ronnie doesn't commentate matches, he does punditry in the studio which is different.

In the studio Ronnie gives more details and stuff about the matches than Hendry does, but Hendry does a good job onthe comms box.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:

Ronnie doesn't commentate matches, he does punditry in the studio which is different.

In the studio Ronnie gives more details and stuff about the matches than Hendry does, but Hendry does a good job onthe comms box.

Ronnie's commentating a match right now. And he's doing a great job.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Ronnie's commentating a match right now. And he's doing a great job.

The actual match? Or just in the studio?