Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Last 16 !!!

Postby TheRocket

So Higgins-ROS then. Have a good feeling about this. As ROS said. Winning is a habit and he has won a lot more than Higgins. ROS can turn this season into a historic season and needs to make the most out of it.

He is in good shape, in fact best shape since 2014 probably. Mentally and in terms of level of play.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:So Higgins-ROS then. Have a good feeling about this. As ROS said. Winning is a habit and he has won a lot more than Higgins. ROS can turn this season into a historic season and needs to make the most out of it.

He is in good shape, in fact best shape since 2014 probably. Mentally and in terms of level of play.

I have mixed feelings about tomorrow's match.

Yes comes here with great confidence and having beaten him last 4 times, but Higgins is due to have one back I think... in fact his last win came here exactly a year ago at this very same stage.

Hopefully Ronnie win, but if he doesnt I wont be too upset this time.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:So Higgins-ROS then. Have a good feeling about this. As ROS said. Winning is a habit and he has won a lot more than Higgins. ROS can turn this season into a historic season and needs to make the most out of it.

I have mixed feelings about tomorrow's match.

Yes comes here with great confidence and having beaten him last 4 times, but Higgins is due to have one back I think... in fact his last win came here exactly a year ago at this very same stage.

Hopefully Ronnie win, but if he doesnt I wont be too upset this time.

Well, from Ronnies point of view its probably the most insignifcant match he'll play against Higgins, given what he has won so far and also beaten Higgins so many times along the way but once you're in good shape you should always make the most out of it.

He might not get to this level again in future, who knows. Hope he can keep up this standard throughout the season at least. In terms of the World Championship I really think its now or never.

Postby Cloud Strife

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I think Selby will start playing great once again in the New year.

He knows Ronnie has a realistic chance of taking his number 1 spot.

Being world no. 1 means nothing whatsoever. One might become no. 1 by reaching finals and final stages of tournaments, but I doubt any top pro would care more about that than about winning tournaments.

That makes no sense Johnny. You cannot be no 1 without winning tournaments.

I worry that Selby has become complacent as his dominance has been so complete - he needs to guard against that. I would hate a situation like in cycling where only one event really matters, and the no 1 let's other players have the scraps. I want all tournaments to be fought over hard.

Didn't Hendry become WN1 in 2006 or something despite not winning anything?

I might be wrong but I'm sure I remember him saying at the time that he'd rather be winning tournaments than be WN1.

Good example, you sir are correct. I forgot about that one
Here's the link to prove it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snooker_season_2006/2007

Mark Selby too reached world number 1 without winning anything. I can't remember which season it was, I'll have to check and get back to you on that.

Postby Alex0paul

Hendry won the Malta Cup in 2005 which contributed to the points making him number 1 for the 06/07 season

Postby Iranu

Alex0paul wrote:Hendry won the Malta Cup in 2005 which contributed to the points making him number 1 for the 06/07 season

Ah fair enough I stand corrected then!

Postby Andre147

I do hope Ronnie makes one last push and wins this tournament to end the year.

What a tremendous 2 and a half months that would be... a record 4 rankers in such a reduced space of time.
Even if he doesn't this has been his best first half of season ever!
Last edited by Andre147 on 15 Dec 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheRocket

Williams and Robertson having a chat on twitter. whether the current era is better than the past. Robertson says current era is better. Robertson also called some people "class of 92 fanboys" lol.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:I do hope Ronnie makes one last push and wins this tournament.

What a tremendous 2 and a half months that would be... a record 4 rankers in such a reduced space of time.

I expect Higgins to beat him but this is possibly the first time since I've been watching snooker that I wouldn't really care if Ronnie loses to Higgins.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I do hope Ronnie makes one last push and wins this tournament.

I expect Higgins to beat him but this is possibly the first time since I've been watching snooker that I wouldn't really care if Ronnie loses to Higgins.

I wont say I wont care. Higgins is his biggest rival, so even in a Best of 1 I always want Ronnie to win.

But, given what Ronnie has already won, let's just say a loss here wouldn't hurt.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Has tommorow's order of play been released yet? And more importantly when does Ronnie play?

http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/ ... -open-2017

Ronnie plays in the evening.

Glad it is that way.last year both played at 12p.m and there was no atmosphere whatsoever.

That's good. More time to rest up.

I hope he's not doing any punditry in the afternoon.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Yes comes here with great confidence and having beaten him last 4 times, but Higgins is due to have one back I think... in fact his last win came here exactly a year ago at this very same stage.

History means nothing at the break off. All matches start 0-0.

<ok>

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Yes comes here with great confidence and having beaten him last 4 times, but Higgins is due to have one back I think... in fact his last win came here exactly a year ago at this very same stage.

<ok>

Not if one of the players is late. Then they get docked a frame. Or two. And if they got delayed because they were at home watching the History channel, then History does indeed play a part.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

<ok>

Not if one of the players is late. Then they get docked a frame. Or two. And if they got delayed because they were at home watching the History channel, then History does indeed play a part.

rofl rofl rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Not if one of the players is late. Then they get docked a frame. Or two.

Technically, it's still 0-0 until the player is docked the frame. rofl

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:I think we've found a replacement for the sleep emoticon.

Exactly what I thought!

I'll certainly use that when hendry-fan pops around.