Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Scottish Open Final !!!

Postby Erza Scarlet

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I imagine John Higgins will be enjoying a very satisfying Christmas having 'stuffed' Ronnie. But at least Ronnie can enjoy some 'turkey' by reading his new 'novel'. Yuk yuk yuk

Ronnie's won 3 ranking tournaments including the UK and equalled Hendry's Triple Crown events, 2 extra finals, beaten Higgins 4 times while Higgins beat him once and Ronnie also whitewashed Higgins 6-0 at the Champion of Champions.

It's Higgins who's going to be having nightmares.

Postby Hyperion

Holden Chinaski wrote:The word choke is overused on snooker forums. Snooker is a hard game with lots of pressure you know. Even Hendry, Ronnie and Higgins have "choked" lots of times.

Cao was very close to winning. That black almost dropped and Robbo had some luck in the end when he missed and never left anything easy.

This is Cao's first final. What do you expect?

That was one shot. You're forgetting that he blew a big lead and also made a monumental cockerel up of the safety shot (his last shot).

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:Cao went from playing like Dominic Dale in the 1997 Grand Prix final to playing like Andrew Higginson in the 2012 German Masters....

No. Playing like Mike Hallet in the 1991 Masters.

Postby Dan-cat

Enjoyed the blow by blow on here, just caught up with the last 10 pages while in zurich airport on the way back from Thailand. Thank you.

Interesting tweet from Dennis here, does anyone have a link to this shot he’s talking about, or know the frame it was in? Also - one in the eye to those who say he doesn’t watch any snooker apart from when he’s being paid by the beeb.

Dennis Taylor @dennistaylor147
In 60 years of playing Snooker, I have never seen a shot played like the one Cao Yupeng played on @Eurosport_In the Scottish Open Final.

Postby OoNebsoO

Dan-cat wrote:Enjoyed the blow by blow on here, just caught up with the last 10 pages while in zurich airport on the way back from Thailand. Thank you.

Interesting tweet from Dennis here, does anyone have a link to this shot he’s talking about, or know the frame it was in? Also - one in the eye to those who say he doesn’t watch any snooker apart from when he’s being paid by the beeb.

In 60 years of playing Snooker, I have never seen a shot played like the one Cao Yupeng played on @Eurosport_In the Scottish Open Final.

Surely this one.

http://video.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/we ... ideo.shtml

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Sounds like I missed the final of the season.

This may go down as a massive regret.

Williams-Bingtao was better.

Postby Dan-cat

OoNebsoO wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Enjoyed the blow by blow on here, just caught up with the last 10 pages while in zurich airport on the way back from Thailand. Thank you.

Surely this one.

http://video.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/we ... ideo.shtml

Thanks.

Here’s the pumpy http://video.eurosport.co.uk/snooker/ne ... ideo.shtml

Postby SnookerFan

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Tonight's match got me thinking of this. At the time I thought Cao was going to lose until that hilarious ending.

rofl rofl rofl

Mark Allen. :wave:

Cao must've been cheating. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Sounds like I missed the final of the season.

This may go down as a massive regret.

Williams-Bingtao was better.

<ok>

The Home Nations series has brought up some decent finals since it's inception.

Postby Iceman33

I really feel sorry for Cao. The biggest match of his career, he was the better player but crumbled under pressure. I hope he can recover from that defeat.
Congrats to Robertson and he was classy after the match.

Home nations are great, different formats, we can watch different players on the TV tables, good finals.

Postby Andre147

Iceman33 wrote:I really feel sorry for Cao. The biggest match of his career, he was the better player but crumbled under pressure. I hope he can recover from that defeat.
Congrats to Robertson and he was classy after the match.

Home nations are great, different formats, we can watch different players on the TV tables, good finals.

Different formats? You gotta be joking... its best of 7s until the Quarters, and best of 7s are the norm these days, not the exception.

Standard in the Home Nations has been overall poor, mostly because many top players crash early due to the shorter format.

It has brought us some decent and nerve wracking Finals though, but thats about it.

Postby vodkadiet

There will come a time when Vegans win all the time.....Karma means those who abuse animals will pay the price for their selfishness.....

Postby Hyperion

vodkadiet wrote:There will come a time when Vegans win all the time.....Karma means those who abuse animals will pay the price for their selfishness.....

Peddle your politics to someone who cares. I have time for vegetarians... not loonies who think fish have feelings. The lion eats the deer without a moment's hesitation. If you have a problem, take it up with evolution and the universe. Though I doubt that will give a toss either.

Postby mantorok

Hyperion wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:There will come a time when Vegans win all the time.....Karma means those who abuse animals will pay the price for their selfishness.....

Peddle your politics to someone who cares. I have time for vegetarians... not loonies who think fish have feelings. The lion eats the deer without a moment's hesitation. If you have a problem, take it up with evolution and the universe. Though I doubt that will give a toss either.

People should be more concerned about the damage caused by man and the imminent pending doom of the planet as we know it. Saving a few animals lives is not going to make jack difference if we're screwed anyway.

Postby Sickpotter

mantorok wrote:
Hyperion wrote:

People should be more concerned about the damage caused by man and the imminent pending doom of the planet as we know it. Saving a few animals lives is not going to make jack difference if we're screwed anyway.

Imminent pending doom of the planet as we know it....... pmsl

Postby Pink Ball

mantorok wrote:
Hyperion wrote:

Can I still look forward to Christmas?

Postby SnookerFan

Since the creation of the Home Nations Series we have had 7 different winners out of a possible 7 and 13 different finalists out of a possible 14.

Postby Dan-cat

mantorok wrote:
Hyperion wrote:

You couldn't be more wrong Manty. The meat supply chain is crippling the planet. Global livestock industry produces more greenhouse gas emissions than transport.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ate-change

Postby Dan-cat

I watched some of the final back last night. Ciao was brilliant, and not slow. Some amazing attacking pots as well to get in. You could tell how badly he wanted to be the first of the new Chinese breed to win a title.

Also - he's extremely - and I mean *EXTREMELY* handsome. Jack Lisowski who?

Postby Sickpotter

Dan-cat wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Hyperion wrote:

You couldn't be more wrong Manty. The meat supply chain is crippling the planet. Global livestock industry produces more greenhouse gas emissions than transport.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ate-change

Can anyone explain to me how do they do a breakdown by source of emissions?

I'd take anything coming out of the IPCC with a grain of salt until they can come up with a viable computer model.

That hasn't happened, in fact they've had to admit that they've grossly exaggerated the supposed imminent danger posed by climate change due to faulty models.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

I adhere to a mainly sausage based diet - does that make me bad?

Cao - having now reached a semi and a final, needs to bounce back soon and claim a title. A good place to start would be beating Chen in the German qualifiers.

Postby Hyperion

Sickpotter is right. The global catastrophe nonsense has been going on decades. First that a new ice age was imminent, then that the ozone layer was going to vanish and we'd all perish, and now that man is completely responsible for global warming, which will doom us all. Once again, it's a money making exercise. The media are all on the bandwagon, and the scientific "researchers" and institutions need funding, so deliberately fudge data and lie.

Even if the world was "coming to an end" - it would not end all life here. We'd die, of course. But we're (humans) all going to die anyway.

The real reason for the man made global warming scare is

a. funding for institutions.
b. increased tax for governments.

You are a total fool if you think it's anything else. Britain contributes around 2% of world carbon emissions. Even if this hoax were real, Britain could be in standstill and it would make NO DIFFERENCE.