Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Last 32

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:The only problem is sometimes Ronnie cant replicate this form against Higgins... its as though he has a mental block.

DECLINE!

Postby Holden Chinaski

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Ronnie leads JH overall

but JH leads in ranking tournament meetings 19 to 10. one of few blemish in Ronnies resumee

many of those came between 2009/2011 when Ronnie was very poor.

I'm sure if Higgins had played Ronnie between 2012/2014 it would be much more level.

Of that we'll never know. I'm quite shocked by that head to head in rankers. 19-10 is comprehensive.

They only met in a World Championship final once. Ronnie won.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Andre147 wrote:
Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:The only problem is sometimes Ronnie cant replicate this form against Higgins... its as though he has a mental block.

He did it at the CoC this season with that 6-0, so hopefully more of the same if they meet tomorrow.

Ronnie had played well against higgins in shangai.

6-2 but not God mode Ronnie. Still a nice hammering. <ok>

I had found it better in Shanghai than in the coc. but it must be said that the two times higgins was really not at its best

Postby TheRocket

No doubt. There's one thing the old O'Sullivan could do better than the current one and that's to play and destroy Higgins.

In recent time Ronnie is like a Higginsfanboy though and when he speaks about him or analyses his game you'd think that Higgins was God. I know they have a good relationship but its still strange, given its your biggest rival.
I couldn't imagine playing my best game against someone when I keep praising him to the skies.

And I mean. O'Sullivan is better than Higgins. The stats and titles say everything.

Postby Andre147

Chalk McHugh wrote:I fancied Ronnie forvthis one at start of week when others thought he may be a tad non fussed after his Grand Prix victory. I've seen nothing to change my mind although tvere's a world of difference in coasting to victory v poor players and then playing the likes of John Higgins. Still, until he's beaten i'm sticking with Ronnie to win his 5th Welsh Open.

It must be said though Ronnie played superb in his 2 matches here so far. Dotty, the way he played, would have won that match against any other player I think.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Johnny Bravo wrote:Wales is about to loose it's biggest hope.
On another note, where's Pinkey ?
He hasn't posted all day.

Delivering the post in the Blizzard conditions.

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote:No doubt. There's one thing the old O'Sullivan could do better than the current one and that's to play and destroy Higgins.

In recent time Ronnie is like a Higginsfanboy though and when he speaks about him or analyses his game you'd think that Higgins was God.

Completely agree with u, it annoys the hell out of me aswell.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Wales is about to loose it's biggest hope.
On another note, where's Pinkey ?
He hasn't posted all day.

Delivering the post in the Blizzard conditions.

He's with his mate Alan. <ok>

Postby Chalk McHugh

Johnny Bravo wrote:
TheRocket wrote:No doubt. There's one thing the old O'Sullivan could do better than the current one and that's to play and destroy Higgins.

In recent time Ronnie is like a Higginsfanboy though and when he speaks about him or analyses his game you'd think that Higgins was God.

Completely agree with u, it annoys the hell out of me aswell.

Losing 19-10 in Ranking matches is the reason he's a Higgins fan boy.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Mark Allen out at the hands of Gary wilson.
Another top seed taken out by a numpty.
This stupid short match format is to blame.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Johnny Bravo wrote:Mark Allen out at the hands of Gary wilson.

And the fact Wilson was obviously the better player.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Chalk McHugh wrote:Another one handed two cushion brush off the reds from Williams. Stupid looking.

He might be more effective that way, just like Ronnie when he breaks off left handed.

Postby Cloud Strife

Chalk McHugh wrote:Another one handed two cushion brush off the reds from Williams. Stupid looking.

I don't see a practical reason for him to play it like that. He could just as easily play it the conventional way. Comes across as abit showboating to me.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Johnny Bravo wrote:

He might be more effective that way, just like Ronnie when he breaks off left handed.

I've yet to hear a snooker pundit agree with it but that's his choice i guess.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Chalk McHugh wrote:

Didn't watch the match, but in a longer match, I always fancy Allen.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Cloud Strife wrote:

I don't see a practical reason for him to play it like that. He could just as easily play it the conventional way. Comes across as abit showboating to me.

Definately.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

Didn't watch the match, but in a longer match, I always fancy Allen.

Yes, but it's the same for both. No excuses. Bye bye Allen.