Post a reply

ManBetX Welsh Open Last 32

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 26th ~ Sunday 4th of February at the Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff

World Champion Mark Selby, Ding Junhui, Judd Trump and Neil Robertson has fallen on day 3 leaving the Class of 92 Favourites to pick up the trophy.

Who will still be standing tomorrow Evening?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Last 32

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:ROS should stroll to the title now.
Everyone else good has fallen first.

Ronnie lost three finals last season, so we the official forum stance is that he can no longer play. <ok>

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:ROS should stroll to the title now.
Everyone else good has fallen first.

Ronnie lost three finals last season, so we the official forum stance is that he can no longer play. <ok>

You say this but I have not heard it on here. Was it before I joined?

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:You say this but I have not heard it on here. Was it before I joined?

I'm slightly exaggerating.

But there were some that were panicking that that he'd not win anything much again.

Postby Holden Chinaski

What makes Ronnie even more dangerous these days is he seems to have more patience than before. He's talked about how he just waits for a good opportunity these days and takes them when they come. Winning matches when he's not playing his best has not been his strong point in the past, but it's a craft he seems to have perfected now.

Postby mantorok

Holden Chinaski wrote:What makes Ronnie even more dangerous these days is he seems to have more patience than before. He's talked about how he just waits for a good opportunity these days and takes them when they come. Winning matches when he's not playing his best has not been his strong point in the past, but it's a craft he seems to have perfected now.

Yep, and the ironic thing about all of this is that it's a virtue he picked up from Selby.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Bingo has highest break of 28. Stevens has chance to clinch it but missed a simple black off the spot. And now a green.

Postby Holden Chinaski

mantorok wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:What makes Ronnie even more dangerous these days is he seems to have more patience than before. He's talked about how he just waits for a good opportunity these days and takes them when they come. Winning matches when he's not playing his best has not been his strong point in the past, but it's a craft he seems to have perfected now.

Yep, and the ironic thing about all of this is that it's a virtue he picked up from Selby.

It's come full circle in a way. When Selby was a kid his snooker hero was Ronnie and he tried to emulate Ronnie's break building.

Ronnie's always learning from new players. When Ronnie was a kid he copied everything Steve Davis did. Later on Stephen Hendry was his hero and he learned from watching him. Later on in his career he changed his grip when going for long pots after he noticed players like Judd and Robbo have a certain kind of grip and cue action when long potting.. And now he's learned from Selbo how to win matches when not finding your A game... Ronnie is a natural talent but he keeps working on it and improving himself. He adapts to new kinds of players and to his old age... Something Hendry could not do...

Postby mantorok

Holden Chinaski wrote:
mantorok wrote:

It's come full circle in a way. When Selby was a kid his snooker hero was Ronnie and he tried to emulate Ronnie's break building.

Ronnie's always learning from new players. When Ronnie was a kid he copied everything Steve Davis did. Later on Stephen Hendry was his hero and he learned from watching him. Later on in his career he changed his grip when going for long pots after he noticed players like Judd and Robbo have a certain kind of grip and cue action when long potting.. And now he's learned from Selbo how to win matches when not finding your A game... Ronnie is a natural talent but he keeps working on it and improving himself. He adapts to new kinds of players and to his old age... Something Hendry could not do...

Indeed, I think that's why he hates the natural-talent term, sure he's gifted, but you have to learn how to win matches too. The rest of the field (except perhaps Selby/Higgins) really need to see that.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Matthew Stevens :bowdown:

I once smoked a cigarette outside the snooker venue in Antwerp with Matthew Stevens and Andrew Higginson and had a chat with them. Two great lads!

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:

#cheatslikeselby

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:147 attempt fails with just the colours remaining.

That Stevens?

Saenghkan

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:I was going to make a Matthew Stevens no bottle joke.

Don't pick on Matthew. He's my friend. Had a chat with him once.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:

He's a nice guy.

Came out and spent a lot of time signing autographs from fans, despite having lost. At The Crucible, that was.

<ok>

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

He's a nice guy.

Came out and spent a lot of time signing autographs from fans, despite having lost. At The Crucible, that was.

<ok>

Yea he comes across as a decent sort. Good laugh on a night out.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

He's a nice guy.

<ok>

He is nice. Andrew Higginson as well. I took a picture with them after our chat and they were very nice about it. We talked about snooker.