Post a reply

ManBetX Welsh Open Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 26th ~ Sunday 4th of February at the Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff

6th Meating this season between Ronnie O'Sullivan and John Higgins the 3rd in the Home Nations.. Ronnie leads 4-1

Yan Bingtao is through to his 4th Ranking Quarter Final the 3rd this season. and Barry Hawkins in his first Quarter Final of the Season..

Who will reach the Semi Finals?

DRAW

Quarter Finals

Yan Bingtao v Barry Hawkins Hawkins leads 1-0
Ian Burns v Noppon Saengkham Burns leads 1-0
-----------------------------------------------
Ronnie O'Sullivan v John Higgins O'Sullivan leads 34-28
Gary Wilson v Yu Delu Never played before

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

A record 6th meeting on the same season between Higgins and Ronnie. TR was spot on when he said earlier in the season that he thought these 2 legends would play very often this season...

Think Ronnie will win this one.. his last 5-0 hammering doesn't concern me being honest... Ronnie was knackered after the UK and just reaching that far in the tornament was a bonus. Yes might have given Higgins some confidence, but honestly this season Ronnie has impressed me in his wins against Higgins, mostly that CoC match and the ENglish Open one.

Ronnie to win 5-2. Cant be too fussed about the other Quarters, but would like the winners to be Bingtao, Noppon and Delu.

Postby Andre147

Counting his WGP win, this is now 18 consecutive frames won for Ronnie in ranking events. If this is not a record, it surely must be pretty damn close.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Unfortunately I had no time to comment on here recently but I did watch all Ronnie matches this week.

I have to say I'm a bit lost for words...

Up to this point - and by some distance even - this is Ronnie's best ever season. It just defies logic! His scoring and breakbuilding is majestic. In all his matches here at the Welsh Open so far he looked like he would clear the table every single time he got to the table.

Obviously John Higgins is an entirely different kettle of fish now at the quarters but at the moment Ronnie looks invincible.

Postby LeonD123

On Sunday:

"Yeah, you know, arghh, I want to congratulate Barry, he had a fantastic tournament"

"Yeah it's been a good week for me, you know, I'm not playing that much snooker at the moment, it's like a bonus"

Postby Pedro147

Andre147 wrote:Counting his WGP win, this is now 18 consecutive frames won for Ronnie in ranking events. If this is not a record, it surely must be pretty damn close.

Reading some stuff on Twitter about it last night. Trump won 22 frames in a row so Ronnie would need to beat Higgins 5-0 to surpass that. Although, the record apparently is Stephen Lee who won 33 frames in a row. I’ve not checked it but that’s what was being said last night.

Postby Pedro147

Also from Twitter, this is some serious scoring from Ronnie:

“O'Sullivan has given up a grand total of 57 points and taken an hour and 36 minutes for his two 4-0 wins today. Breaks of 96, 133, 63, 100, 84, 69, 117 and 67 in wins over Grace and Dunn.”

“Ronnie O'Sullivan has won 18 frames in a row in professional competition and has made the following breaks in the process:

59, 120, 83, 106, 69, 96, 133, 63, 100, 84, 69, 117 & 67."

Postby SnookerFan

Iceman33 wrote:Quarterfinals
Yan- Hawkins
Burns- Noppon
O`Sullivan- Higgins
Gary Wilson- Yu Delu

Semifinals
Yan- Noppon
Higgins- Yu Delu

Final
Yan- Higgins

My predictions... or more likely what I want to happen.

I'd take a Higgins vs Yan final. :D

Not sure Higgins beats Ronnie though.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Cloud Strife wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:It's like Hulk Hogan vs Andre The Giant! :D

It's like Federer vs Nadal :gag:

Great post.
Extending this analogy, we can conclude that:
Ronnie is Federer
Higgins is Nadal
Selby is Djokovic
Hendry is Pete Sampras

Postby Johnny Bravo

Dan-cat wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:I can't seem to find the reviews for Ronnie and Higgo's matches last night.
Do u guys happen to know youtube links ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tkr5REiCNs ROnnie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3WenUErOok Higgins

:-D

Thanks 4 the help, but I was looking 4 the post match interviews, not for the entire match. I already saw those last night.

Postby LeonD123

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:I can't seem to find the reviews for Ronnie and Higgo's matches last night.
Do u guys happen to know youtube links ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tkr5REiCNs ROnnie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3WenUErOok Higgins

:-D

Thanks 4 the help, but I was looking 4 the post match interviews, not for the entire match. I already saw those last night.

Oh there's one here with Ronnie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JWRPVmdBQo

PS: Youtube / Ronnie O'Sulivan / filter by most recent (For the next time)