Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Final !!!

Postby hendry_fan

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

:mental:

THE MIGHTY WIZARD OF WISHAW BEATS THE HAWK IN A THRILLING FINAL 9-7.

Both played very well,yeah,both had weak spells,but in general,they both played very well.

It,s the most nervous,tense i,ve been for a while,Barry put up a great fight,John could hardly get rid of him,full credit to Barry for that,when he went 4-2 up,he really did have me worried and this evening he had me worried the whole of the evening.

Hard luck Barry,he gave it his all,but came short towards the end.

I can feel for him,for what he went through regarding his brother-in-law,as i also had to cope with a death in my family,my Gran died at the age of 97,just 6 weeks ago,she meant the absolute world to me. :-(

She knew how passionate i am about Snooker,especially when the Scots win,she watched snooker often herself too.

I,m gonna dedicate this win to her,she,d of been delighted for me and for John of course.

With some tears in my eyes,i,m thinkin of her and i congratulate Good auld John Higgins!.

Well done,he fully deserved the win,played well throughout the tourney and in the final as well.

:win: :cracker: :party: JOHN HIGGINS!. :party: :cracker: :win:

:peace:

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:Yup Hendry fan - another good win for the 92ers!

A fitting tribute to your dear gran.

Absolutely Dan- :cat:

She bein a fully born n bred Scot also obviously rooted for the Scots,she did like Ronnie as well though. :-)

i,ve just read that Gary Anderson won the UK Open,by beatin the Aussie Corey Cadby 11-7,so it,s been a great week,day. :win: :cracker:

Postby hendry_fan

Pink Ball wrote:Sorry to hear about your nan, Hendry Fan. Congratulations on Higgins' win. She will be delighted up there!

Thanks a lot PB,much appreciated. <ok>

Ronnies had a pretty good season so far himself,the muppet. ;-) :-D

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

A great night for Scotland with Gary Anderson winning the UK Open at almost the exact same time as Higgins won his title. I tried to watch both but felt like I watched neither.

Postby Alex0paul

With Hawkins losing only Cao, Lisowski, Perry and Li can pinch the final place at the Players Championship if they win the Gibraltar Open

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Hoe deep did Ronnie get into Higgins ass?

Praised him to death and said he is the best in the world right now?

This constant overpraising is just funny and sad.

Never saw that kind of praising when facing MJW. 90 percent he plays well vs MJW.

Postby TheSaviour

One of the dullest final, ever.

Wasn´t that much expecting anything else. Barry´s such an odd ball. While John´s always there about to steal the title.

Not that either of them would be any poor player. They both still hailing to be a skill player, wich is a great great thing. No white flags. Which can´t be said regarding just anyone. Perhaps the pressure was just kicking in. Barry´s particularly is a very likeable lad. He´s always going to suprise the people, no matter how unorthox and a bit of monology type of playing from his part. But there´s also the beauty of it. Barry actually is doing everything spot on, that´s the way it should be in life. Someone like Kyren Wilson will be just like him, when reaching that age lol. A bit of scary thought, however. But it always should be a monology type of a playing, no matter who it is. As an adult you always should be either on or off. Some people are just using the coffein or the things like that in order to get enthuastic.

But "getting up this early" also shows they both are doing it right. It could be much worse, however.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

I enjoyed the Welsh Open. The ease with which Higgins dismantled a thus-far confident ROS was one of the most striking elements of this tournament. It should give heart to other players to make more of a fighting stand against him.

The final was great. Would have loved Barry to win it but Higgins deserved it.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Yes - I know .

My point is that ROS looked unplayable in this tournament at the start. However, his opponents were showing little fight. I admire ROS and am not trying to have a snipe at him. The fact remains - I believe - that HIggins was the first player to stand up to ROS and he crushed him.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Yes - I know .

My point is that ROS looked unplayable in this tournament at the start. However, his opponents were showing little fight. I admire ROS and am not trying to have a snipe at him. The fact remains - I believe - that HIggins was the first player to stand up to ROS and he crushed him.

I was kind of referring more to MDG. :-D

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Yes - I know .

I was kind of referring more to MDG. :-D

:hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

What's Neal Foulds going to do this week?

He was in Cardiff last week, and Preston the week before?

He'll just have to go home and not watch snooker.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:What's Neal Foulds going to do this week?

He was in Cardiff last week, and Preston the week before?

He'll just have to go home and not watch snooker.

Neal has become the most prominent pundit and commentator in recent times.

Postby SnookerFan

I wonder if he'll be at The Crucible.

They tend to have an All Hands On Deck approach early one, due to their being 6 sessions a day.

Is he ever used by the BBC any more?

Postby TheRocket

The three old men (ROS,JH,MJW) are ruling Snooker this season. Will be interesting to see whether it'll be like that at the World Championship as well.

Postby SnookerFan

I make Ronnie favourite. Generally, and not just of the three mentioned.

Of the other two, I think both could win it. But are less likely than Ronnie.

At I guess, of the three mentioned, I'd go the order of favourite being;

Ronnie
Higgins
Williams