Post a reply

Re: 888sport European Masters Last 64 plus Heldover Matches

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Massive credit to Hoatian tonight.

A fighting man and a player of considerable guile; he showed that he could ride the punches of the best player currently plying his trade in the sport of kings and counter with incisive blows at times when the weight on his shoulders was more than most players could bear.

But ultimately, the sheer presence of Mark Selby hung like the Sword of Damocles above the oriental cueman and it finally dropped when Selby fluked a snooker on the green in the seventh frame. Hoatian - like a wounded bull - chased snookers but Selby then delivering the coup de grace in clinical style.

Next up for Selby is Jack Lisowski - over to you Saviour.

Sleep well.

Postby TheSaviour

What happened with Selby?

Well, nothing really. Although it was a close one. Haotian had him on the ropes, leading 3-2 and was amongs the balls leading 16-0. Missed a tricky red to the middle. And that´s it then. Selby made a 111 from there and forced a decider.

Robertson v Williams a highlight.

Well, yes. Robbo trashed Ebbo 4-0 as I was a very afraid was he would. I was really hoping Peter could had upset the odds there. But not really. Not even close. There just isn´t much sense if Peter wakes up this morning and thinks that he is finally a sensible person again. If he does that every time he loses to Robbo, there´s a huge inflation in it and it won´t make any difference anymore. It is just a perfectly normal learning curve. If he can learn something from there then he sees something that Neil doesn´t. Just be a realistic Peter, and take those few extra zeros off from your prize-check as you imagine it will be, and you will be close to get it right in terms of how it will be. Just be realistic about your own chances, that´s the only way to be happy again some day.

But the nicest name prize winner is Billy Joe Castle lol. I am sure he is a very suitable underdog now almost everyone of hoping to produce a major shock. But don´t drink your brains off if he doesn´t. Don´t drink your brains off and terrorize the walk and the venue. That´s only pathetic, really.

There has been a promise already made that they would produce some manlike snooker. And that even we here are part of the solution, as an equal partners. With the same rights and with the same profile. I am sure they still need to keep that promise. I think I have played it good enough that they will accept in me too. As a man.

Postby Dan-cat

An update from Roland. He is waiting on his cousin to do the necessary work on restoring the certificate, he has transferred the money for three more year's worth of subscriptions. I will keep you all posted with developments. Any second now Snooker Island will be restored to its full glory. YAY!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:An update from Roland. He is waiting on his cousin to do the necessary work on restoring the certificate, he has transferred the money for three more year's worth of subscriptions. I will keep you all posted with developments. Any second now Snooker Island will be restored to its full glory. YAY!

:hyper:

Postby Dan-cat

Rumours of Snooker Island's demise are grossly exaggerated.

ps. Baddy I do enjoy your late night posts!

'A fighting man and a player of considerable guile'

I first saw Lyu play when he was 14 or something and he was knocking them in off the lampshades for fun. Glad to see him come of age and really start challenging.