Post a reply

D88 German Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 31st of January ~ Sunday 4th of February at the Tempodrom in Berlin

3 World Champions and Judd Trump 2011 World Runner up make up the semi final line up.

Graeme Dott last played Shaun Murphy in 2014 Shanghai Masters and he won 5-3 and after beating Xiao Guodong 5-4 from 4-0 down he will be full of confidence.

The other match consists of former champion Mark Williams and Judd Trump who reached the final back in 2014 losing to Ding Junhui. Although Judd and Mark have played on 20 ocations they have only played 3 matches longer than Best of 7 with Judd winning all 3 of them.

Who will reach the final?

DRAW

Semi Finals

Mark J Williams v Judd Trump Trump leads 15-5
----------------------------------------------------
Shaun Murphy v Graeme Dott Murphy leads 8-3

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: D88 German Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby Sickpotter

Chalk McHugh wrote:Trump leads 15-5 in games v Williams. Wow, that's pretty comprehensive.

Somewhat misleading though I think, Williams has been pretty poor for most of Trumps career, his heyday was before Trump really came on the scene and he's only started playing well again for the last 2 years or so.

Wouldn't surprise me if most of Williams wins against Trump happened in the last 2 years. :chin:

Postby Chalk McHugh

Shaun Murphy hot favourite at 4/11 and Graeme Dott 2/1.

Judd Trump 8/15 favourite and Mark Williams 6/4.

I'd go along with both favourites reaching the final but could there be an upset? Could there be two?

Tune in to the King of Bants, Colin 'Always up for the Laugh' Murray and his sidekick, Jimmy ' I'd rather be anywhere else' White, and find out.

Snooker loopy on Eurosport.

Postby TheSaviour

Menacing Murphy Mauls Mark Joyce And Ryan Day.

That´s very strange indeed lol.

If and when the people had some other results on their minds. . I can see the greatness of it and indeed the temptations. That´s what I also kind of a hoping. But tha-that´s not logical anymore by any means. Not even via that famous or an infamous statistical-wise purely, indeed not logical by any means. Perhaps they are just bored of Shaun. Which is also something I can see where´s that coming from. But that´s just making every pot as a pressure-pot. Some greatness, yes. Similar to Ding (?) Well yes, but Ding´s got skills man! Ding´s got skills man! I would make him as a top-4 all-time player. Even when that´s not rock-solid by any means. But it´s not like Ding would go for just a one shot. Like Mark Joyce always is. Ding is using the variations which is the correct thing to do. The results are always flawless no matter who. IF we really wan´t to open things up then it is just about being amused of those patterns. Not that the results would change.

It´s almost as bad as when the driving schools are making their students feeling confident by stating and saying that even Dani Sordo is able to drive a car, so why wouldn´t you be????

There´s always going to be troubles in life. But if that colour game is sorted, as now very much is looking alike, then it should be okay to face all those challenges. I mean the players are not rock-solid by any means. Unless PERHAPS if your name happens to be.....Never mind.

It´s almost like when I tend to say that a week means life. I don´t state that too often. Now I feel the next week will be crucial. Let´s just hope these semis will be SUPRISINGLY good, and that the shoot-out would be a major success with all the top-players participating. In a way or an other.

I haven´t quite been able to execute that week means life-plan. I used to remember when I was. But if I start to practising again and would get that working too, well well, then I would be something else in Sheffield than just a snooker tourist.

The people and the fans are just daydreaming if thinking something would really change without really writing things down. And communicating with the people.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Dott takes the first.
I quite like Dott

Keep the score coming lads.Cant watch this game. Yes,i like Dott too. A great snooker player.Heart of a lion. No mug wins the World Championship.

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:I'm watching a movie called The Cage. With Lucy-Jane Quinlan. The only character seen on screen. <ok>

You're a disgrace to your username