Post a reply

D88 German Masters Final !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 31st of January ~ Sunday 4th of February at the Tempodrom in Berlin

Wow Blast from the past Final Mark Williams age 42 vs Graeme Dott age 40

Dott turned pro in 1994 so they have been on tour together for 24 seasons and this is their first final against each other Both have reached the Crucible Sumit Williams twice and played in 3 World Finals apiece.

Williams obviously has had the better career playing in 31 ranking finals winning 19 of them but dont write off Dott this time.

Who will pick up the Trophy?

DRAW

Final

Mark J Williams v Graeme Dott

HEAD TO HEAD
Overall: Williams leads 11-4
Main Tournaments: Williams leads 6-2
Multi-session matches:Williams leads 3-0
Finals : 1st Final

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: D88 German Masters Final !!!

Postby Iranu

Come on MJW!

Interesting conversation between him and the Eurosport pundits saying how the lack of amateur circuit is killing the game.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Mark Williams has won 61% of his ranking finals which is a good strike rate. Nice novel final pairing. I would rate Williams and Dott highly in the tactical and mental side of the game. Two hard as nails competitors. Could be quite a few long, safety exchanges in this one.

I like Dott but Williamsrecent transformation has been great to see and i would like to see him lift another trophy. I think he will too, maybe 10 - 8.

Postby Lou147

Least interesting final in a long time imo, also the two least easy on the eye players on the tour

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Lou147 wrote:Least interesting final in a long time imo, also the two least easy on the eye players on the tour

Your view surprises me as I think it is an interesting final. However I would defend to the death your right to express your opinions.

Postby Wildey

Lou147 wrote:Least interesting final in a long time imo, also the two least easy on the eye players on the tour

i dont think you watch much snooker to be honest ive never herd williams described as least easy on the eye in my life.

love watching Mark play if i could play the game to the highest quality id love to play like mark above anyone else.

Postby Andre147

Good Final this.

Dott finally reaches another ranking event final, always liked his tenacity around the table.

I think MJW will have too much for him, he definately seems to be back to that 2010-2011 sort of form.

Might be a final where we see many tactical exchanges, both are experts in that department. MJW's long potting is going to be key in this match I feel too.

May the best man win.

Postby Andre147

Also, along with Ronnie and Murphy, MJW has by far been the most consistent player this season. Already a ranker under his belt, a 6 reds title and has reached the latter stages of tournaments quite often this season.

Its great to see MJW back to this sort of form. I was fearing he would never return to this form, which would be a shame considering what Higgins and Ronnie are still doing.

Postby vodkadiet

Pink Ball wrote:Ahead of: the Barbican, Wembley conference centre, the Hexagon, Waterfront, Citywest, Newport, and the INEC in no particular order.

I like the venue in Berlin, but I slightly preferred the Conference Centre.

Postby Pink Ball

vodkadiet wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Ahead of: the Barbican, Wembley conference centre, the Hexagon, Waterfront, Citywest, Newport, and the INEC in no particular order.

I like the venue in Berlin, but I slightly preferred the Conference Centre.

Have you been to the Tempodrom? I'm not a massive fan of the layout, and you're too far from the TV table, but it got a massive thumbs up from me. My favourite thing about the conference centre was the set.

Postby Iranu

Mark Williams, least easy on the eye.

On a tour that includes the likes of Rod Lawler, Peter Lines, Gerard Greene to name a few.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:Also, along with Ronnie and Murphy, MJW has by far been the most consistent player this season. Already a ranker under his belt, a 6 reds title and has reached the latter stages of tournaments quite often this season.

Its great to see MJW back to this sort of form. I was fearing he would never return to this form, which would be a shame considering what Higgins and Ronnie are still doing.

Yeah I said in the last thread that he must be among the top 4-5 picks for the Crucible now.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:Mark Williams has won 61% of his ranking finals which is a good strike rate. Nice novel final pairing. I would rate Williams and Dott highly in the tactical and mental side of the game. Two hard as nails competitors. Could be quite a few long, safety exchanges in this one.

I like Dott but Williamsrecent transformation has been great to see and i would like to see him lift another trophy. I think he will too, maybe 10 - 8.

:goodpost:

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Your view surprises me as I think it is an interesting final. However I would defend to the death your right to express your opinions.

Me too.

I find it hard to describe Mark Williams as difficult on the eye.

Postby Ronnie79

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Also, along with Ronnie and Murphy, MJW has by far been the most consistent player this season. Already a ranker under his belt, a 6 reds title and has reached the latter stages of tournaments quite often this season.

Yeah I said in the last thread that he must be among the top 4-5 picks for the Crucible now.

I wouldn't go that far

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:

i dont think you watch much snooker to be honest ive never herd williams described as least easy on the eye in my life.

love watching Mark play if i could play the game to the highest quality id love to play like mark above anyone else.

Agreed. Mark Williams is great to watch. The way he rolls the balls in... He pots some amazing balls, especially to the middle pockets.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:Mark Williams, least easy on the eye.

On a tour that includes the likes of Rod Lawler, Peter Lines, Gerard Greene to name a few.

:clap:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:

I would love to see Mark Williams win the world championship again. Great guy, great player.

Postby Chalk McHugh

A lot of love on here for one of the modern game's greats. Is it possible to not like Mark Williams? Some guys just have that likeability factor. The Welsh legend has it in spades.

Like others i thought he was finished. He was yesterdays man. His legacy was intact but the memories were all that was left. Not on your nelly,Mr Williams has turned back the clock,put in the hard snooker yards and is back spoiling us with his unique,gritty winning formula. A renaissance in the twilight of his career to give us some fresher memories to store away for future thought. Take a bow Mark my son, it really is refreshing to see with a nice touch of nostalgia thrown into the mix. A little emotional if truth be told to see such a man battle against the tides of time.

Postby TheSaviour

I just didn´t know the situation has been that much bad lol. That they have an efforts to play that much directly lol.

Well I suppose we can enjoy some sharpness then.

I am delighted Graeme is once again accepted as a full member of a top player. A normal player. With some variations. Using the whole space. So not so directly.