Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Gibraltar Open !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
john_george404 wrote:Ryan Day having problems with Xu Si (3-2 at the moment)

Where's Ringo_Paul808 when you need him? :-D

Don't give Pinkball ideas.

Postby kolompar

Epic battle between two of the fastest players on tour. Lisowski averaging under 13 seconds per shot but Vahedi is leading 3-2.

Postby kolompar

Lisowski wins after needing a snooker in the decider. Felt like he was trying hard to play fast and rushed a lot of shots but in the end it didn't cost him and he's climbed to 3rd on the AST list ahead of Zhao Xintong.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
john_george404 wrote:Ryan Day having problems with Xu Si (3-2 at the moment)

Where's Ringo_Paul808 when you need him? :-D

Don't give Pinkball ideas.

rofl

rofl

rofl

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Pink Ball wrote:Has Bahrain been surpassed as snooker's shittest ranking tournament?

Bahrain nearly bankrupted the WPBSA so it's just as bad as that. That's the most positive thing I can say about this tournament.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:The last 16 is full of quality

Who’s left in it?

Obviously only players who Alex thinks he can beat. <ok>

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:The last 16 is full of quality

Who’s left in it?

Obviously only players who Alex thinks he can beat. <ok>

Yep. They’re all lucky I didn’t enter this year

Postby Dan-cat

As a sound engineer I notice that they don't mic these small tournaments as well as the bigger ones, so they are not as pleasing to listen to. It must be a cost thing. In the bigger tournaments they mic the tables underneath, and then mix this audio source with the room ambience and the commentators. So the wonderful click and clack and thudding percussion of harder shots into the pockets are really clear. The ITV and BBC tournaments are exquisitely mic'ed. They've learnt over the years how to make it sound good and have the budget to do it properly. So for example in this PTC there is a just an ambient/room mic, so the reverb of the table noise clouds the clear table sound and it sounds like it's in a cavern. Same in some of the China tournaments.

I love the sounds of snooker, it's all part of the enjoyment for me. :dj: