Post a reply

Re: Six Reds World Championship

Postby TheSaviour

I can only hope Kyren will take Mark Williams out of the contest. They are having the last16 meeting.

These are the things.. Everyone knows that Juan Martin Del Potro is a Nalbandian with a serve. And everyone knows that Kyren Wilson is a top challenger with a realistic possibilities to beat the favourites. His practise partner Peter Ebdon has even labelled him as a future World Champion. And meaning something else than just a 6reds.

Let´s hope some of those people who knew that Del Potro is a Nalbandian with a serve have already now gotton out of the jail. rofl rofl At least they have now some money on their pockets. It´s certainly all over now to Federer. He can only have a 50-50 chances anymore from the semis when it is played on a surface where the most of the people do play the tennis. It is same with Rafa. He can only rule the game anymore while it is an extraordinary surface. Like clay also is.

Stuart Bingham did very well to oust Stephen Maguire. Seems that Michael White also got hammered a way before this last16 stage. Ding is looking a very strong and ominous indeed. He has a favourable draw.

Postby TheSaviour

Or seems that Ding looked strong and ominous. Seems that Marco Fu ousted him. Difficult to find any live scores, but that´s the way it seems to be.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:These are the things.. Everyone knows that Juan Martin Del Potro is a Nalbandian with a serve. And everyone knows that Kyren Wilson is a top challenger with a realistic possibilities to beat the favourites. His practise partner Peter Ebdon has even labelled him as a future World Champion. And meaning something else than just a 6reds.

I don't. Who the hell is Juan Martin Del Potro?

Postby SnookerFan

Deewee wrote:Thepchaiya on the ropes as Bingham forces a decider from 5-1 down...

That's the one thing you've got to acknowledge about Bingham. He has bottle. <ok>

Postby TheSaviour

Yes, it is a good semi-final line-up. Obviously, goes without saying, MJW a huge favourite to lift the title. He´s got that magic melody amongs the balls where he is not going to miss either the pot or the cue ball controll. And he can play those shot to nothings. Oh boy, he really can. Even with some wicked spins.

I am really starting to lose my patience now.

I would really need to sit down with The Hitman Holt and to discuss what he is actually doing there. I am now completely sick about his stunts and decisions to go for everything if there´s even some sense with it. I have tried to think it over and to think it over that it wouldn´t feel that bad but it still does. Just stop doing that.

Postby kolompar

Shame this event was so hard to follow, I couldn't find any illegal streams to watch. Some matches are on youtube but that's just not the same as live snooker.
Despite the prize money increasing the event went from 48 to 32 players, only 7 amateurs this time. Still some interesting names though, 2007 IBSF world champion Atthasit Mahitthi and the Thai Stephen Lee, Passakorn Suwannawat returning after a few years' hiatus.

But the main talking point is that Jason Ferguson seemed to suggest that six red snooker would be the format that would be presented in a future Olympic bid. After all the fighting with the IBSF and quitting the WCBS :shrug: <doh>

Postby TheSaviour

I kew a lots of people did awaited of me posting something after all those succesfull Mark Williams-predictions.

MJW won. He´s not the worst possible winner. But, actually, he didn´t deserver it at all, either.

He will fall. He is going down. Rather sooner than later. There still are someone the likes of Ronnie O´Sullivan and Mark Selby. And what can Un-Nooh now do with regular snooker. Interesting, either way.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 11 Sep 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

kolompar wrote:Shame this event was so hard to follow, I couldn't find any illegal streams to watch. Some matches are on youtube but that's just not the same as live snooker.

It's part of World Snooker's new initiative, to make snooker as hard to watch as possible.

He wants us all to stop watching snooker and start watching darts.

Postby gcjdavid

SnookerFan wrote:
kolompar wrote:Shame this event was so hard to follow, I couldn't find any illegal streams to watch. Some matches are on youtube but that's just not the same as live snooker.

It's part of World Snooker's new initiative, to make snooker as hard to watch as possible.

He wants us all to stop watching snooker and start watching darts.

Even though the stream quality of the official pdc.tv is utter marmite.

Postby SnookerFan

gcjdavid wrote:
Even though the stream quality of the official pdc.tv is utter marmite.

Maybe it's a ploy for the Hearns to make everything PPV, like they have in boxing.