Post a reply

Re: World Cup

Postby eraserhead

China B have beaten Belgium 4-3 barring snookers.

Postby kolompar

OoNebsoO wrote:Are there any detailed scores? For instance, interested to see how many of 9 frames Belgium lost so far were ones where Brecel played? Don't think I saw a single one he lost...

This last frame against China? <laugh> He also lost one against Ireland but you are right, he still had probably the best win rate.

Postby Cloud Strife

I've not watched a single frame of this. The whole concept of a team-based World Cup sounded rubbish to begin with, and by most accounts that's exactly what it has been.

Postby Alex0paul

Is it China v China?

Why bother playing the final

Postby Gridlock

Alex0paul wrote:Is it China v China?

Looks like they broke up the semi Thailand playin one of the Chinese? Mayhaps?

Postby gcjdavid

China A edges out Thailand 4-2.

Postby SteveJJ

I guess its the same as with most finals. To see which one of the finalists will win.

Despite it being two teams from the same nation there would be a high level of intrigue as to whether the upstarts can beat the top two of the nation to defend their title.

Although I see that England have a lead in the decider so the above may soon become irrelevant.

Postby SteveJJ

SteveJJ wrote:

I guess its the same as with most finals. To see which one of the finalists will win.

Despite it being two teams from the same nation there would be a high level of intrigue as to whether the upstarts can beat the top two of the nation to defend their title.

Although I see that England have a lead in the decider so the above may soon become irrelevant.

And the other reason of course is related to possible Champion Of Champions qualification.

Postby kolompar

So we get a proper final in the end as England beat China B. They are doing much better now with Selby not in the team.

Postby eraserhead

Decider for the world cup. Ding v Judd.

Postby eraserhead

China win! :win:

Ding was in first and opened the pack brilliantly off the blue should have been over then, but missed an easy red on 59. With awkward reds all over the table it didn't take long for another chance to come.

Postby kolompar

Ding wins it. Feels like the English threw it away in the last 3 frames. At least the tournament will probably be returning in China again.

Postby eraserhead

Postby TheSaviour

Well well, a brave effort from Judd, given how he cannoned a few problems balls off immediately. Just missed that long red. Perhaps the table was playing slightly wrong. He looked to play that quite allright, Really brave effort anyway and that´s the most important. Ding still quite couldn´t kill it with one visit, but I suppose he can live with it, given at least how he win it to his country.

I am just thinking I am sick but I can´t stand anything sick.

it´s not a perfect game or playing but they can cover it with a decent/good plans B or C.

Postby SnookerEd25

Cloud Strife wrote:I've not watched a single frame of this. The whole concept of a team-based World Cup sounded rubbish to begin with, and by most accounts that's exactly what it has been.

Well, I enjoyed it. As long as there's the requisite number of reds, crowd quiet when the players are at the table, and no shot clock, i'll watch any Snooker. Interesting, too, to see players refusing shots they would probably have gone for in ordinary tournaments, so as not to be accused of pushing the boat out & letting down their team-mate.

Postby Wildey

I saw none of it due to being too busy.

I did love the concept however what they doing with it is a let down.

should be 3 man teams and longer format at the knock out stage.

Postby eraserhead

Wildey wrote:I saw none of it due to being too busy.

Like the idea of this tournie but how many countries would have 3 people available realistically? I'd like something that showcases different countries but don't think this works the best. longer than 7 frames would be good for knock out rounds though.

Postby Alex0paul

TheSaviour wrote:I am just thinking I am sick

:cracker:

Postby SnookerEd25

Wildey wrote:I saw none of it due to being too busy.

I agree. The original concept of this torunament in the 70s & 80s had three man teams, the original revival ('96 i think it was) had three-man teams plus a substitute, were he to be required. Hence, Billy Snaddon was part of the victorious Scottish team, despite never playing a frame!

And longer format seems a no-brainer, I was very disappointed to find out the semis & final were on the same day.

Postby The_Abbott

lets get back to proper snooker now that silly tournament is over <ok>

oh wait Hong Kong invitational is next :mood:

Postby Holden Chinaski

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Today the Ireland Women's Hockey team played in the World Cup final. It was commonly said to be the first time an Ireland team reached a World Cup final. But this former Irish Sports Journalist of the Year didn't agree.

https://twitter.com/EwanMacKenna/status ... 4055272450

That's a great tweet! :hatoff:

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:Lolz the replies to that tweet are ridiculous

That’s one of the reasons I’m not on twitter. You get arguments and debates erupting over the silliest of things.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Lolz the replies to that tweet are ridiculous

That’s one of the reasons I’m not on twitter. You get arguments and debates erupting over the silliest of things.

No you don't.

TAKE THAT BACK! :grrr: