Post a reply

Re: Yushan World Open Last 128 and 64 !!!!!

Postby TheSaviour

Peter! :D :D :D :D A clear underdog, and a comprehensive victory. BUT, at the same time, Graeme... :mood: :mood: Even JOPESALMI out there a scoring wise could fare himself better than Graeme lol. Graeme just isn´t making almost any centuries during the season. Anthony McGill could be the new Graeme Dott; a cracking match player, a very capable player, perhaps even a World Champion at some point like Graeme also was, but not exactly any century-making machine.

I really think I won´t be changing my profile anymore, so my fav players always just will be Evans, Dott, King and O´Sullivan. Aaargh.. Well, it could still be much worse. And "the truth" about Ronnie O´Sullivan could well be even a way, a way more disturbing than many people think it is..

Postby kolompar

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Jopesalmi?

He posts the Classic videos on here.
I think Saviour is taking the 'rise' out of him - probably been on the beer.

At 8 AM? And how does he always ends up posting on Snooker Island when drunk?

Postby Dan-cat

kolompar wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Jopesalmi?

He posts the Classic videos on here.
I think Saviour is taking the 'rise' out of him - probably been on the beer.

At 8 AM? And how does he always ends up posting on Snooker Island when drunk?

I like my coffee like I like my women. Drunk in the morning.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:This will be Jimmy Robertson's maiden ranker in my opinion. Far too talented not to have won one, he ran the Pistol close at the Crucible and is now maturing as a tactical technician whereas in the past he was just a potting machine and lacked the bite to challenge the best.

We are rooting for him in the South and daring to hope for an open-top bus parade with the trophy brought back to these parts.

Come on Jimmy!

He'll play Higgins in the final and put up zero resistance.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:So, Higgins wins 5-0?

I watched Ding win 5-1 last night.

That is the one problem with these flat 128 tournaments now. There are a lot of one-sided matches early on.

Do you think it will be good for the lesser players in the long run. It must be tough, but surely a great way to improve - playing against the best.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Bingham is through 5-2 against Burden. Heard a rumour once that Bingham was related to Lord Lucan. Probably rubbish

If we ever find Lord Lucan, we'll ask him.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Do you think it will be good for the lesser players in the long run. It must be tough, but surely a great way to improve - playing against the best.

Of course. I'm not saying there's no upside.

It just sometimes leads to a lot of quite dull matches, from a televised standpoint. Especially, as they keep insisting on putting the big names on.

That Hawkins match I mentioned would've been a better televised match, retrospectively.

Postby Dan-cat

I watched all the matches on Europsort player last night - loved it. Several hours of coverage, in the more-than-pleasant company of David Hendon and Joe Johnson. I have an HMDI cable that goes from my macbook to my big telly. I didn't post I was being present and enjoying the drama.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I watched all the matches on Europsort player last night - loved it. Several hours of coverage, in the more-than-pleasant company of David Hendon and Joe Johnson. I have an HMDI cable that goes from my macbook to my big telly. I didn't post I was being present and enjoying the drama.

So, what matches did you get to see, Dan-Cat?

Did you see the Selby one?

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!
World Snooker‏Verified @WorldSnooker1
After Yu Delu forces a decider with a ton, @joegentlemanjoe fires in an 84 break to see off the fightback for the L32! [5-4]

Sounds like a good match. <ok>

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:This will be Jimmy Robertson's maiden ranker in my opinion. Far too talented not to have won one, he ran the Pistol close at the Crucible and is now maturing as a tactical technician whereas in the past he was just a potting machine and lacked the bite to challenge the best.

We are rooting for him in the South and daring to hope for an open-top bus parade with the trophy brought back to these parts.

Come on Jimmy!

If talent alone were the benchmark for winning a ranker, many talented players would have won one by now.

Jack Lisowski is one of the most talented I've seen, yet his shot selection, safety game, mental side and overall approach to the game is nowhere near good enough to win a ranking title.

Unless he wins the Shoot-Out, which is now a ranker and well suited to his game. Apart from side, I have many doubts he could even win a tourment like the Indian Open with a shorter format.

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

World Snooker‏Verified @WorldSnooker1
Another brilliant performance from Li Hang on home soil, beating world #14 Liang Wenbo for the L32 with a 1⃣0⃣2⃣ to finish! [5-4] #WorldOpen

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:Talking of underachieving talent, do we think Luca Brecel's maiden title win will spur him on to win more titles?

Lisowski is a real disappointment. I think Brecel will go on to win multiple rankers over the next few years.

Postby hendry_fan

Again,good stuff from The Wizard of Wishaw,not only does he beat the young Swiss star,he whitewashes him.

2 frames were close,other than those,John threw a 95,86 and a 75 at him.

:happy: COMMMMMMMMMMMMME ONNNNNNNNNNNN JOHN!. :happy:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

hendry_fan wrote:Again,good stuff from The Wizard of Wishaw,not only does he beat the young Swiss star,he whitewashes him.

He is flying at the moment

2 frames were close,other than those,John threw a 95,86 and a 75 at him.

:happy: COMMMMMMMMMMMMME ONNNNNNNNNNNN JOHN!. :happy: