Post a reply

Re: Yushan World Open Final !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Wilson is one of the few not in my autograph book. He walked past me in Coventry, but I realised I didn't have my pen with me. Sadly.

I missed Mark Johnston Allen that way too.

Postby gcjdavid

SnookerFan wrote:It's good to see Ding play like this, especially when you consider the struggles he had early in his career.

The Chinese are already hyper.

Postby SnookerFan

gcjdavid wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:It's good to see Ding play like this, especially when you consider the struggles he had early in his career.

The Chinese are already hyper.

They got excited, because they got a phone call.

Postby Cloud Strife

Ding stacking up the titles fairly rapidly in recent seasons. All he needs now is to succeed at the Crucible.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:Ding stacking up the titles fairly rapidly in recent seasons. All he needs now is to succeed at the Crucible.

Touch wood, but I'm beginning to feel more confident. A finalist two seasons ago, the semis this year whilst knocking Ronnie out.

Gone are the days where he'd have bottled it by the quarter finals.

Selby is the player he needs to overcome.

Postby SnookerFan

I quite like the Eurosport commentators, for the most part. They just feel more comfortable, more informal.

Even Joe Johnson, who most people hate, I don't mind. Makes the odd botch, but I feel like he is somebody I could sit and talk about snooker with.

Phil Yates is the only one I hate. He's marmite.

Postby TheRocket

In terms of mental strength Ding seems to be as strong as ever imo. Ready and capable to win every tournament he enters. Including the World Championship and he's proven it the last two years at the World Championship. The win against his nemesis Ronnie was quite an important one as SF said.

He needs to find a way to beat Selby in those big matches though although I have to admit that Selby atm is causing a big problem for anyone in those multi session matches

Postby gcjdavid

SnookerFan wrote:A lot of the women in the crowd are wearing shorter skirts. Just an observation.

Because that part of China is warmer than the United Kingdom?!

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:In terms of mental strength Ding seems to be as strong as ever imo. Ready and capable to win every tournament he enters. Including the World Championship and he's proven it the last two years at the World Championship. The win against his nemesis Ronnie was quite an important one as SF said.

He needs to find a way to beat Selby in those big matches though although I have to admit that Selby atm is causing a big problem for anyone in those multi session matches

Ding had many mental blocks after that Masters final with Ronnie.

He put the playing at Wembley one away, as he won the last ever Masters there.

He put the weight of expectation from the Chinese away. Once he's won his second Chinese event, he suddenly won several.

He finally proved that he could win against Ronnie at the World Championship this year.

The only block he had, which I'd argue is the only one that had absolutely nothing to do with The Masters final was winning at The Crucible. He has only that left to do.

In a way, his career has been fascinating. I can't remember any player who has as many different scars/mental blocks that we've watched him overcome.

Postby hendry_fan

I can hardly believe my eyes,but it,s actually sunny today where i am in Bonnie Scotland,so that means i,m gonna make hay while it shines. :sun: :happy:

I can,t see Ding losin from here,of course 6-3 is well catchable,but i,m sure that Dings got this in the bag.

Congrats to Ding on winnin his 13th ranking title. :clap: <ok>