Post a reply

Fuhua Group China Open Last 16 !!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Monday 2nd ~ Sunday 8th of April at National Olympic Sports Centre Stadium, Beijing, China

Last 16 stage of this big prize money event, and we still have 5 chinese players left in the tournament, including favourite Ding Junhui who has a tough match against Kyren Wilson. Also still in the tournament is defending champion Mark Selby, 2 time World Champion and one of the players of the season Mark Williams v Masters champion Mark Allen, as well as Neil Robertson and Jack Lisowski, the latter who had a fine win against legend John Higgins. 2015 World Champion Stuart Bingham also through, having made a 147 break against Ricky Walden, and now shares the maximum break prize with Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Who shall reach the Quarter-Finals?

Last 16

Mark Selby v Lyu Haotian Selby leads 3-0
Mark Williams v Mark Allen Allen leads 12-6
Jack Lisowski v Gary Wilson Never played before
Kyren Wilson v Ding Junhui Ding leads 5-2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zhou Yuelong v Neil Robertson Never played before
Stuart Bingham v Graeme Dott Bingham leads 9-3
Barry Hawkins v Cao Yupeng Tied at 1-1
Luo Honghao v Tom Ford Never played before

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Fuhua Group China Open Last 16 !!!

Postby kolompar

Dan-cat wrote:Ooh good to see Lyu Haotian back where he belongs. Pretty tasty line up

Yes and I can easily see him beating Selby. Don't know why he's going so unnoticed, betfair exchange now does but still none of the proper bookies offer odds on him to win the Worlds while you can have a bet on basically anyone else like Lee Page or Jason Weston.

Postby Alex0paul

kolompar wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Ooh good to see Lyu Haotian back where he belongs. Pretty tasty line up

Yes and I can easily see him beating Selby. Don't know why he's going so unnoticed, betfair exchange now does but still none of the proper bookies offer odds on him to win the Worlds while you can have a bet on basically anyone else like Lee Page or Jason Weston.

It’s Lee Page’s to lose this year

Postby Wildey

For a last 16 of a Well established Major tournament having 3 matches of players thats never played before is surprising

Postby SteveJJ

Wildey wrote:For a last 16 of a Well established Major tournament having 3 matches of players thats never played before is surprising

True, although that is somewhat distorted by the presence of Honghao as he is likely not to have played 99% of players on the tour before this week.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Winner of this tournament will come from the top bracket. Allen will give everything to beat Williams tomorrow because of his current seeding, stuck between a rock and a hard place. If he loses and stays at #16 he'll play Selby in R2 and if he reaches #15 he'll play Ronnie in R2, he'll be pushing hard to drop McGill to #15 who's already out.

Postby Andre147

Erza Scarlet wrote:Winner of this tournament will come from the top bracket. Allen will give everything to beat Williams tomorrow because of his current seeding, stuck between a rock and a hard place. If he loses and stays at #16 he'll play Selby in R2 and if he reaches #15 he'll play Ronnie in R2, he'll be pushing hard to drop McGill to #15 who's already out.

A 2nd round match at the Worlds between either Selby v Allen or ROS v Allen would be great!

And Allen very very dangerous and well capable of beating either there. He did beat Ronnie in the 2009 2nd round.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:All depends if Fu plays

Think he anounced he would. At least my ES commentator said so.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:All depends if Fu plays

Think he anounced he would. At least my ES commentator said so.

Fingers crossed - would love to see Fu at his best at the Crucible. Great player to watch when he is at the top of his game.

Postby TheRocket

Alex0paul wrote:Need Allen to win else it Carter v O'Sullivan in round 2 ffs

Its not like McGill has a much better record against ROS.

O'Sullivan will have a good 2nd round draw. Thats safe.

Postby Cloud Strife

Alex0paul wrote:Yea just saw his Twitter page saying his eyes are no better but he's playing

I don't know if this is a good idea. Health should come first.

Postby vodkadiet

TheRocket wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Need Allen to win else it Carter v O'Sullivan in round 2 ffs

Its not like McGill has a much better record against ROS.

O'Sullivan will have a good 2nd round draw. Thats safe.

Slessor might be the 2nd round opponent for O'Sullivan.

There is a good chance a much tougher qualifier will be there instead of the 15th seed.

Postby TheRocket

vodkadiet wrote:

There is a good chance a much tougher qualifier will be there instead of the 15th seed.

I've seen it too many times that a qualifier becomes lost and gets beaten badly after a good first round win.

Atm I think that the 1st round could be a lot tougher for ROS than the second one. There's always the danger of a qualifier/journeyman playing out of his skin. Like David Gray did in 2000. Before he lost 13:1 to Dominic Dale in the next round to prove my point lol.

Postby vodkadiet

TheRocket wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

I've seen it too many times that a qualifier becomes lost and gets beaten badly after a good first round win.

Atm I think that the 1st round could be a lot tougher for ROS than the second one. There's always the danger of a qualifier/journeyman playing out of his skin. Like David Gray did in 2000. Before he lost 13:1 to Dominic Dale in the next round to prove my point lol.

David Gray was a disgrace in that match. It was awful.

Sometimes a qualifier goes further. McGill beat Selby in the 2nd round in 2015.

Postby Wildey

Erza Scarlet wrote:Winner of this tournament will come from the top bracket. Allen will give everything to beat Williams tomorrow because of his current seeding, stuck between a rock and a hard place. If he loses and stays at #16 he'll play Selby in R2 and if he reaches #15 he'll play Ronnie in R2, he'll be pushing hard to drop McGill to #15 who's already out.

to be honest dont think Allen will give a stuff if he plays Selby or Ronnie its about becoming world champion might aswell beat them early

Postby Wildey

BTW this thread is about the China Open cant you all read it has buck all to do with sheffield <ok>

Postby Alex0paul

Wildey wrote:BTW this thread is about the China Open cant you all read it has buck all to do with sheffield <ok>

These results have a direct baring on Sheffield

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:
Wildey wrote:BTW this thread is about the China Open cant you all read it has buck all to do with sheffield <ok>

These results have a direct baring on Sheffield

No it has a direct bearing on winning the tournament first and foremost.

Postby SnookerFan

It counts towards who is in the top-16 automatically and who has to play three matches to get there.

How is that buck all?