Post a reply

Re: Fuhua Group China Open Last 16 !!!

Postby TheRocket

Dan-cat wrote:He's prob not gonna won today though

If he doesn't Selby will have the pleasure to play him in the 2nd round (as Allen would stay at 16). Assuming that none of those journeymen win the China Open. That would mean that Allen would have to qualify for Sheffield.

I think Allen is one of those players Selby would rather like to avoid. Allen has caused him some trouble over the years.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:BTW this thread is about the China Open cant you all read it has buck all to do with sheffield <ok>

It counts towards who is in the top-16 automatically and who has to play three matches to get there.

How is that buck all?

That is the one thing that pisses me off about rolling rankings through the season it takes focus away from top tournaments in their own right which is a shame.

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:BTW this thread is about the China Open cant you all read it has buck all to do with sheffield <ok>

It counts towards who is in the top-16 automatically and who has to play three matches to get there.

How is that buck all?

That is the one thing that pisses me off about rolling rankings through the season it takes focus away from top tournaments in their own right which is a shame.

Gotta disagree on this one. It creates extra narratives throughout the season. Sports needs stories.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:He's prob not gonna won today though

If he doesn't Selby will have the pleasure to play him in the 2nd round (as Allen would stay at 16). Assuming that none of those journeymen win the China Open. That would mean that Allen would have to qualify for Sheffield.

I think Allen is one of those players Selby would rather like to avoid. Allen has caused him some trouble over the years.

Allen and Hawkins can easily get under Selby's skin. Hawkins has beaten him twice there, and Allen too well capable.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:
Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

How is that buck all?

Gotta disagree on this one. It creates extra narratives throughout the season. Sports needs stories.

<ok>

On top of that, only the best players seem to win these big tournaments, so it certainly doesnt distract them from the main job.

Postby Wildey

Williams not playing as well as hes done this season that cue ball is all over the shop and missing some corkers not to mention hitting balls too hard at times

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

How is that buck all?

Doesn't it just add more intrigue and talking points for that tournament?

The reality is because of the timezones, most people here aren't able to watch all of the matches live for this tournament (at least until the weekend) so we can't discuss the ins and outs of each frame. Talking about ranking permutations is better than a dead thread, right?

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:
Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

How is that buck all?

yea but you lot goes on and on and bucking on about it instead of watching the snooker thats currently on

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:Williams not playing as well as hes done this season that cue ball is all over the shop and missing some corkers not to mention hitting balls too hard at times

Yeah even in the first two frames his cue ball was all over the shop but he kept potting balls because he's so confident.

Postby Andre147

Its certainly better talking about rankings and the Worlds than talking about tennis for instance lol...

Postby Andre147

who can overtake Allen's 16th place if he doesnt win today?

Dott, Lisowski, if they win the tournament.... anybody else?

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:who can overtake Allen's 16th place if he doesnt win today?

Dott, Lisowski, if they win the tournament.... anybody else?

Ford and Cao as well.

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:yea but you lot goes on and on and bucking on about it instead of watching the snooker thats currently on

Haha true. I'm guessing a few of us (myself included) can't devote time to watch right now but can post on here a bit

Postby Wildey

The way Allen played to go 4-2 down shows how much bottle he has to get back level