Post a reply

Re: Fuhua Group China Open Final !!

Postby Andre147

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:The International Championship is not bigger than the UK. Having longer semis doesn't make up for the huge gap in history and prestige.

Finally someone talks sense <ok> Give me the UK Champs over the IC all day long.

Postby vodkadiet

TheRocket wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan fans always try to rubbish his nemesis.

Selby is too strong mentally for O'Sullivan. This is an actual fact.

If O'Sullivan plays at his best Selbys mental strength won't help him. Thats how it is mate. And O'Sullivan is no Jimmy White btw. Yes, Hendry,Higgins and Selby are probably ahead of him in terms of mental strength. But that's it.

'Playing at his best' is a very loose term. It isn't tangible. It is an overused term than means nothing when two combatants meet. It is how a player plays the situation that he is faced with.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:The International Championship is not bigger than the UK. Having longer semis doesn't make up for the huge gap in history and prestige.

Finally someone talks sense <ok> Give me the UK Champs over the IC all day long.

Given that the rankings list is now based on earnings, then whichever event has the most prize money is the bigger event.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Snooker mention on the golf for a change! When Spieth hit a great chip shot Ken Brown said it was like a Ronnie O Sullivan special.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Given that the rankings list is now based on earnings, then whichever event has the most prize money is the bigger event.

Then Ronnie has won the 3rd biggest ranking event of the season. The UK offers more prize money than the IC.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Then Ronnie has won the 3rd biggest ranking event of the season. The UK offers more prize money than the IC.

I don't know what events have the most prize money. My opinion isn't based on who won what event.

The UK became devalued when matches were reduced to best of 11.

Postby TheRocket

vodkadiet wrote:
'Playing at his best' is a very loose term. It isn't tangible. It is an overused term than means nothing when two combatants meet. It is how a player plays the situation that he is faced with.

I know what you mean but it kinda makes me laugh when people portray Selby as some sort of unbeatable machine.

Last year he probably played his best World Championship. And yet he had to work very hard in the final to beat a 42 year old Higgins who wasn't anything close to his best and absolutely crumbled after having a comfortable lead. Ding was one blue ball away to force the decider.

So many wins of Selby are very close and granted he wins most of them but it proves that he barely plays at a higher level than his opponents. Totally different to what we were/are used to see from Hendry or O'Sullivan who dominate their opponents.

Selby walks on thin ice and relies on his mental strength. But that won't help him forever. But its also up to the players like Trump,Ding or Robertson to beat him and not to 40+ year old players like O'Sullivan or Higgins.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ronnie won the UK when he was seventeen! Still an amazing accomplishment when you think about it. He beat Steve Davis in the quarter final and Stephen Hendry in the final! Seventeen years old! What a player.

Postby vodkadiet

TheRocket wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

I know what you mean but it kinda makes me laugh when people portray Selby as some sort of unbeatable machine.

Last year he probably played his best World Championship. And yet he had to work very hard in the final to beat a 42 year old Higgins who wasn't anything close to his best and absolutely crumbled after having a comfortable lead. Ding was one blue ball away to force the decider.

So many wins of Selby are very close and granted he wins most of them but it proves that he barely plays at a higher level than his opponents. Totally different to what we were/are used to see from Hendry or O'Sullivan who dominate their opponents.

Selby walks on thin ice and relies on his mental strength. But that won't help him forever. But its also up to the players like Trump,Ding or Robertson to beat him and not to 40+ year old players like O'Sullivan or Higgins.

Yes, apart from when he destroyed Fu last year most of his wins are fairly close. But getting the win is all that matters.

Postby SnookerFan

What Selby has Judd misses, in my opinion. Judd doesn't have Selby's mental fortitude or patience to win.

Judd just assumes that because he's Judd Trump he deserves to win. A habit that's cost him ranking events.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:What Selby has Judd misses, in my opinion. Judd doesn't have Selby's mental fortitude or patience to win.

Judd just assumes that because he's Judd Trump he deserves to win. A habit that's cost him ranking events.

Spot on

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:What Selby has Judd misses, in my opinion. Judd doesn't have Selby's mental fortitude or patience to win.

He has technical problems as well. Cueing across and aiming at the right side of the cueball before adjusting at the last moment doesn't help. And he misses too many sitters.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:

He has technical problems as well. Cueing across and aiming at the right side of the cueball before adjusting at the last moment doesn't help. And he misses too many sitters.

That is especially evident in nerve wracking moments.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

yea he has a technical issue in his game as did Selby but hes worked hard to correct that over the years just not sure Judd will do that to reach the next level

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:I'm not a Ronnie O'Sullivan fan, so is my hating of Selbo acceptable?

Of course it's acceptable.

I hate this assumption that you have to be a fan of one or the other. They aren't the only players on tour.

Decide who you like individually, not based on what somebody else doing.

It's possible to like both of them, or like neither.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I'm not a Ronnie O'Sullivan fan, so is my hating of Selbo acceptable?

Of course it's acceptable.

I hate this assumption that you have to be a fan of one or the other. They aren't the only players on tour.

Decide who you like individually, not based on what somebody else doing.

It's possible to like both of them, or like neither.

:goodpost:

Postby TheSaviour

Selby´s a bit like Jamie Oliver; always trying something too complicate when the right answer would be just to keep it simple and the lines dead straight. No matter how rude that simpleness might ever be. Hats off to Ronnie as he finally managed to made a 147 with a reasonable straight lines. Nothing useless. Actually I find it be that much good that I reckon I have now seen it all in terms of what might happen on a snooker table. So looks like I don´t need to travel after all. I take it it was Ronnie´s WORK (and not that he would be the whole game), so I reckon he won´t be owning any money to me. Like he ever has rofl rofl . I would had spend in Sheffield. So we are even stevens with him. But don´t be pushing it, pal.

Ronnie´s a bit like Brooke Logan or Ridge Forrester; finding a way to do the right, a proper thing and things. Instead of that Jamie Oliver´s and Mark Selby´s overcooking-business. Every marriage they have made has been a top notch stuff.

Well I was rooting for Barry but it looked like he never showed up. Taking things too much granted after taking a 1-0 lead, and that will always backfire against Mark Selby, no matter what thinking of Marksman´s playing style or thinking.

Never pretend to be any guru or a controller when you´re clearly not. I take it that I have had enough now. No matter how close relatives you ever might be. Just get out of there. I already did that.

So time to everyone starting to enjoy the hobbies which will be more natural to us. Sailing, repairing the old cars, anything.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 10 Apr 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski wrote:Rory McLeod is like that black guy who played the chef in Chef.

Or maybe he's more like the chef in South Park :chin:

Postby sas6789

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

yea he has a technical issue in his game as did Selby but hes worked hard to correct that over the years just not sure Judd will do that to reach the next level

I don't think he will because Judd's too arrogant to admit there's anything wrong with his game IMO.