Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sat April 28th) Last 16 !!

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:Needle aside, it hasn't been the most interesting day's snooker.

bullocks this thread alone says how interesting today has been

Higgins 8-0, Kyren 13-5, Hawkins ended up running away with it, MJW/Milkins has been vaguely interesting in a frustrating sort of way. No one's played extremely high quality atuff except for maybe Hawkins and Kyren in patches (didn't see all of his game tbf).

The page number is so high because Ronnie was playing (not saying that's right or wrong, but it's always the case), and half of that was comments about the playground antics.

I'm not insulting the sport FFS. Even you surely can't say this has been a particularly exciting day of snooker compared to what's come before it.

Postby snookerguy

Iranu wrote:Other snooker players aren't your colleagues, they're your competition.

On the table, yes they are your competition.

Off it they are your colleagues. Your success as a snooker player relies on their being other players about you can play against in competitions, your revenue comes from the fact you and the other 128 players are all playing against eachother. Yes, you want to beat them but part of the gentlemans game of snooker is recognising that they are equally as important at you. Arguing with eachother in the match arena is totally uncalled for and beyond disrespectful, now everyone will be talking about the match for the wrong reasons. This is the last thing our sport needs.

Postby Iranu

snookerguy wrote:
Iranu wrote:Other snooker players aren't your colleagues, they're your competition.

Off it they are your colleagues. Your success as a snooker player relies on their being other players about you can play against in competitions, your revenue comes from the fact you and the other 128 players are all playing against eachother. Yes, you want to beat them but part of the gentlemans game of snooker is recognising that they are equally as important at you. Arguing with eachother in the match arena is totally uncalled for and beyond disrespectful, now everyone will be talking about the match for the wrong reasons. This is the last thing our sport needs.

Don't get me wrong I agree with everything you say except that snooker players are your colleagues. The rest is bang on <ok>

Postby Dan-cat

Deewee wrote:I was playing in a pool competition for the first time while Ronnie was losing. Lost both matches 3-0 but had good fun. Just need to improve quite a bit. Lots of macho bull there too so didn't miss out on that part

I love pool. My coach is Rico Dix. Haven't seen him for a while though, need to check back in. He was helping with strategy. When and how to check out. Brilliant. Learnt loads about side spin too.

Postby Deewee

Dan-cat wrote:
I love pool. My coach is Rico Dix. Haven't seen him for a while though, need to check back in. He was helping with strategy. When and how to check out. Brilliant. Learnt loads about side spin too.

I need a coach too, my technique is not great. Even my opponents shared some tips in the middle of the matches

Postby snookerguy

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:So many hours have passed, yet I still feel the pain caused by ROS's loss

What did you think of Carter's fistpumps?

Not who you were asking but in my opinion, Carter was genuinely thrilled to get one of his bigger challenges in the game out the way, he's never beat Ronnie in competition before. He probably over-egged the celebration to dig at people saying he'd go out to Ronnie guaranteed, but so what!

Postby Wildey

snookerguy wrote:

Snooker Today owes a massive amount to Alex Higgins and Alex was confrontational and made Carter and Ronnie look like childs play.

Some players was Genuinely scared of Alex

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:So many hours have passed, yet I still feel the pain caused by ROS's loss

What did you think of Carter's fistpumps?

I think it shows how much he wanted to win.
If any of u guys watched the "Rocky" series, in Rocky 3 they talk about the "eye of the tiger", meaning desire to win.
I think ROS has lost that, meaning he doesn't want it as bad as others.
I remember in 2014, Selbo was willing to spit blood for that title, ROS wasn't, and that ultimately made the difference.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote:
snookerguy wrote:

Snooker Today owes a massive amount to Alex Higgins and Alex was confrontational and made Carter and Ronnie look like childs play.

Some players was Genuinely scared of Alex

Finally something we can both agree on.
This is the reason I consider Alex among the top 5 greatest players of all time, cause of what he did for the sport.