Was it?

Attitude Carter
50%
Lucky Ronnie
50%

Total votes : 16

Re: The shoulder bump incident

Postby Holden Chinaski

Just Ali Carter having a case of Short Man Syndrome. He bumped right into Ronnie.

The agressive handshakes, the staredowns, the over the top fist pumps.. It's all because he's a short little guy and he feels inferior.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:Just Ali Carter having a case of Short Man Syndrome. He bumped right into Ronnie.

The agressive handshakes, the staredowns, the over the top fist pumps.. It's all because he's a short little guy and he feels inferior.

and he is quite inferior to ROS. he said post-match he would try anything to win. <doh>

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Not a fan of either but carter is a idiot. Ronnie has his faults but his reaction was imo ok and I’d have done the same. Carter is just snake hissed off because ROS can effortlessly intimidate guys like him just by turning up.

Postby GJ

It was Ali's fault and I'm no fan of either

Postby Iranu

Ali started it with the smile, Ronnie escalated it by thrusting his arm out (and he was on the outside so only he had the room to avoid contact) and both players then mouthed off to each other.

Both should know better, both acted like red frogs, and both agreed after the match that it was heat-of-the-moment stuff and nothing more.

Let's move on <ok>

Postby aimlesswandeer

O’Sullivan seemed to imply in his press conference that he deliberately didn’t get out of the way of Carter, so I don’t believe he was an innocent party.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:Whoever called it GBH was taking the snake hiss.

I was joking when I said that. It was borderline ABH, but certainly not GBH. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:

I was joking when I said that. It was borderline ABH, but certainly not GBH. <ok>

You meant it. :no:

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

You meant it. :no:

I'm surprised he wasn't led away in the back of a police van.

Postby TheRocket

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:Not a fan of either but carter is a idiot. Ronnie has his faults but his reaction was imo ok and I’d have done the same. Carter is just snake hissed off because ROS can effortlessly intimidate guys like him just by turning up.

Spot on. Not trying to defend Ronnie here and he obviously has his faults.
But it was Carter who already smiled and glared at him before they even "collided". Just because ROS had a little bit of luck in that one scene with the Snooker.

You obviously also had those agressive handshakes of Carter and he didn't even look at the table when ROS was playing.

It was pretty much obvious that Carter tried so hard to intimidate Ronnie. Mainly because he himself probably felt intimidated by Ronnie his whole life and was humiliated by him so many times.

I give Carter credit for the way he played in that last session and he deserved to win but that match showed what a poor character he is. Obviously did similar things against Trump as well back then in 2012.

Postby GJ

Carter has done those aggressive handshakes before

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Ayrshirebhoy wrote:Not a fan of either but carter is a idiot. Ronnie has his faults but his reaction was imo ok and I’d have done the same. Carter is just snake hissed off because ROS can effortlessly intimidate guys like him just by turning up.

Spot on. Not trying to defend Ronnie here and he obviously has his faults.
But it was Carter who already smiled and glared at him before they even "collided". Just because ROS had a little bit of luck in that one scene with the Snooker.

You obviously also had those agressive handshakes of Carter and he didn't even look at the table when ROS was playing.

It was pretty much obvious that Carter tried so hard to intimidate Ronnie. Mainly because he himself probably felt intimidated by Ronnie his whole life and was humiliated by him so many times.

I give Carter credit for the way he played in that last session and he deserved to win but that match showed what a poor character he is. Obviously did similar things against Trump as well back then in 2012.

yeah fully agree. He has been humiliated so many times by Ronnie he tried his hardest to make him frustrated here and it payed off.

Postby vodkadiet

What would have happened if Bill Werbeniuk had ever played Stephen Lee?

Postby GJ

vodkadiet wrote:What would have happened if Bill Werbeniuk had ever played Stephen Lee?

The whole arena would have caved in

Postby Iranu

vodkadiet wrote:What would have happened if Bill Werbeniuk had ever played Stephen Lee?

The table would have broken under the strain

Postby Holden Chinaski

GJ wrote:

The whole arena would have caved in

<laugh>

Postby Ronnie79

as a massive ROS fan i thought he was totally wrong he blatantly threw the elbow out no need for it and he shamed himself imo. who gives a buck if carter was looking at the other table. thats up to him

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ronnie79 wrote:as a massive ROS fan i thought he was totally wrong he blatantly threw the elbow out no need for it and he shamed himself imo. who gives a buck if carter was looking at the other table. thats up to him

fair play to you for that post

Postby Ronnie79

i just watched it again you clearly hear ronnie say ''i just thought i would give you one back'' maybe carter had given him one earlier. carter is a pr*ck though with that false smile. i do not think he is likeable at all

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ronnie79 wrote:i just watched it again you clearly hear ronnie say ''i just thought i would give you one back'' maybe carter had given him one earlier. carter is a pr*ck though with that false smile. i do not think he is likeable at all

Carter acted first by running straight into Ronnie. Ronnie then put his arm out.

Postby Ronnie79

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:i just watched it again you clearly hear ronnie say ''i just thought i would give you one back'' maybe carter had given him one earlier. carter is a pr*ck though with that false smile. i do not think he is likeable at all

Carter acted first by running straight into Ronnie. Ronnie then put his arm out.

im a ronnie fan but i didnt see anyone running. im more disappointed that ROS will never win another world title

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ronnie79 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

im a ronnie fan but i didnt see anyone running. im more disappointed that ROS will never win another world title

I see Carter walking straight into Ronnie who was just walking to his seat.

anyway, let's move on.