Was it?

Attitude Carter
50%
Lucky Ronnie
50%

Total votes : 16

Re: The shoulder bump incident

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Interesting that Ronnie admits that he gave Carter the shoulder. It was inconclusive for me from the TV.

Also interesting that Ali says he was looking over to the other table while he was actually clearly looking straight at Ronnie with a smile on his face.

Postby Iranu

Still don't understand how people thought that considering Ronnie threw his arm out.

Anyway.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Interesting that Ronnie admits that he gave Carter the shoulder. It was inconclusive for me from the TV.

Also interesting that Ali says he was looking over to the other table while he was actually clearly looking straight at Ronnie with a smile on his face.

Oh I agree it was hard to tell for viewers but Ronnie said he bumped into Ali

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:

Yeah that was an obvious bit of bullshitting by Ali.

He doesn't strike me as a very nice person.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

No. He said he didn't get out of the way this time because Ali bumped into him earlier. Ali walked straight at him and Ronnie decided to not get out of the way.

When playing snooker, isn't it normal to let the person who's walking away from the table get to his seat? Isn't it a bit strange to walk straight at that person before he gets a chance to get to his seat while having a smile on your face? Isn't it strange to say afterwards you were looking at the other table when you were not?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

My mistake. Reading on a phone today but I thought it was posted that Ronnie was 'giving one back'. If it was nothing to do with Ronnie then I am happy to stand corrected.

I often say the wrong thing and am happy to admit that.

Postby Holden Chinaski

It wasn't that of a big deal really. Both players handled it well after the match and Ronnie gave a friendly handshake so let's move on.

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

No. He said he didn't get out of the way this time because Ali bumped into him earlier. Ali walked straight at him and Ronnie decided to not get out of the way.

When playing snooker, isn't it normal to let the person who's walking away from the table get to his seat? Isn't it a bit strange to walk straight at that person before he gets a chance to get to his seat while having a smile on your face? Isn't it strange to say afterwards you were looking at the other table when you were not?

"O'Sullivan: "That's for being Mr Angry."

Carter: "Yeh?"

O'Sullivan: "Thought I would give you one back. It's all right."

I don't know why you're trying so hard to defend him. The audio confirms that Ronnie was the "aggressor" and his interview heavily intimates if not says it outright.

Ali was being a smug bastard with the smile, but Ronnie definitely caused the shoulder barge. Mo two ways abot it.

Apparently Ali bumped into him earlier but there doesn't seem to be any video of that.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I was under the impression that Ronnie was talking about the fact he put his arm out after Ali ran into him. The giving one back was the push with the arm I think.

All I see on the video is Ronnie walking away from the table, Ali barging straight into him and Ronnie reacting by pushing him with his arm.

Normally you let someone walk away from the table, then you walk to the table.

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:There's a good chance this match will be remember most by this incident. Funny isn't it?

Especially considering how lame the incident was.

Postby SnookerFan

I might go and have a Pizza Hut lunch time buffet tomorrow.

Might as well, am on my holidays.

Back on the treadmill after the snooker.

Postby GJ

rofl rofl rofl

Postby Chalk McHugh

Holden Chinaski wrote:https://www.facebook.com/WorldSnooker1/videos/1906922295995028/

Great sense of humour has the Rocket. He can be very charming when he wants to be.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

"O'Sullivan: "That's for being Mr Angry."

Carter: "Yeh?"

O'Sullivan: "Thought I would give you one back. It's all right."

I don't know why you're trying so hard to defend him. The audio confirms that Ronnie was the "aggressor" and his interview heavily intimates if not says it outright.

Ali was being a smug bastard with the smile, but Ronnie definitely caused the shoulder barge. Mo two ways abot it.

Apparently Ali bumped into him earlier but there doesn't seem to be any video of that.

Ali should've been arrested. He committed GBH.