Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship Final Higgins v Williams !!

Postby Chalk McHugh

Dan-cat wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Gridlock wrote:This is only my 4th final following and I was 31 in '92 so ya I'm pretty excited about the old guys!

Exactly. Sit back and enjoy Gridlock, this one is going to be ace.

+1

Can’t wait.

I desperately tried to not find out who had won in the Willo match so I could watch it back late last night but I couldn’t find it online and then I saw a small clip of him potting that pink and black so that blew it.

So happy that it’s those two though. Wow.

Poor Barry looked a broken man by the end. I would have been a little worried for him in the final had he won. I've never seen a player look so drained.

It is a brilliant final Dan. Cant understand anyone who thinks otherwise. Mouthwatering prospect. Roll on 2pm.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:Mark Williams on twitter lol

215 and I’m eating a kebab shop , doner meat n chips never tasted so nice

Hope that’s a joke as it’s not the best fuel before a final!

The Food Police are up early. He ate a kebab n chips? Big deal. After the game he went through he deserved anything he liked. Bit of grub would do him no harm. Not like he was out gettin snake hissed or bangin a few lines up the gonzo. Foody Drama Queen!!

Postby snookerguy

Whilst it's great to see Higgins go up against Williams wherever and especially long format. I can understand the frustration from some quarters. It's 26 years since these guys turned pro, you'd have expected some development in the sport in that time with new players coming on. Kyren Wilson got to the semi-finals, Judd to the semis but both are in their late 20s.

There's no clear new generation emerging.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I'm playing snooker later and I am torn between a beetroot & quinoa salad or a nineteen-fruit smoothie for lunch. I just can't decide which one will prepare me best for the eight frame marathon.

Anyway, I will take a couple of gels with me in case I crash mid session.

Haha bullocks mate go for the full English. Grilled instead of fried. That will set you up nicely.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I'm playing snooker later and I am torn between a beetroot & quinoa salad or a nineteen-fruit smoothie for lunch. I just can't decide which one will prepare me best for the eight frame marathon.

Anyway, I will take a couple of gels with me in case I crash mid session.

Haha bullocks mate go for the full English. Grilled instead of fried. That will set you up nicely.

<ok>

Postby Badsnookerplayer

snookerguy wrote:Whilst it's great to see Higgins go up against Williams wherever and especially long format. I can understand the frustration from some quarters. It's 26 years since these guys turned pro, you'd have expected some development in the sport in that time with new players coming on. Kyren Wilson got to the semi-finals, Judd to the semis but both are in their late 20s.

Most sports are suffering similarly.
except e-sports

Postby Dan-cat

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Ayrshirebhoy wrote:Mark Williams on twitter lol

215 and I’m eating a kebab shop , doner meat n chips never tasted so nice

Hope that’s a joke as it’s not the best fuel before a final!

The Food Police are up early. He ate a kebab n chips? Big deal. After the game he went through he deserved anything he liked. Bit of grub would do him no harm. Not like he was out gettin snake hissed or bangin a few lines up the gonzo. Foody Drama Queen!!

Hahahah foody drama queen :-D

Postby SavoMilosevic

snookerguy wrote:Whilst it's great to see Higgins go up against Williams wherever and especially long format. I can understand the frustration from some quarters. It's 26 years since these guys turned pro, you'd have expected some development in the sport in that time with new players coming on. Kyren Wilson got to the semi-finals, Judd to the semis but both are in their late 20s.

Most of the young guys are boring and don't have what it takes to perform like the Class of 92 under pressure. This is the final i've wanted and hoped for since day 1. Usually we never get the best match-ups in world championship's finals - we've never seen a Hendry - Ronnie, Hendry - Davis, Ronnie - Williams, Higgins - Hendry or Ronnie - Davis final, but this time we have two legends in it. Can't wait!

I think Williams will win, because he usually plays very well against John. Mark has troubles against players who can overpower him with long potting and big breaks, but Higgins loves to wait for the mistake, so this will be in MJW's favour - he can use his craftiness in the game. Hope he's not so tired today and starts the match well!

Postby Wildey

SavoMilosevic wrote:

Most of the young guys are boring and don't have what it takes to perform like the Class of 92 under pressure. This is the final i've wanted and hoped for since day 1. Usually we never get the best match-ups in world championship's finals - we've never seen a Hendry - Ronnie, Hendry - Davis, Ronnie - Williams, Higgins - Hendry or Ronnie - Davis final, but this time we have two legends in it. Can't wait!

I think Williams will win, because he usually plays very well against John. Mark has troubles against players who can overpower him with long potting and big breaks, but Higgins loves to wait for the mistake, so this will be in MJW's favour - he can use his craftiness in the game. Hope he's not so tired today and starts the match well!

Steve Davis is Boring, John Higgins is Boring, Stephen Hendry is Boring depending who you listen too.

i was there in the 80s and it got really boring watching steve davis winning everything the only reason you dont think the likes of Higgins is not boring compare to the young players today because its some sentimental crap for the old days.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

The class of 1975 are an one off generation of players. You dont see players with such talent. Their tapent is still way ahead of todays players.