Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship Final Higgins v Williams !!

Postby Wildey

the sad thing is for me

its been said "Mark Williams is back to his best"

Believe me hes nowhere near the player at the turn of the millenium.

and Last year after Selby won the title Williams said on twitter hes the only player today that could have not felt out of place with us back in the Day.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:the sad thing is for me

its been said "Mark Williams is back to his best"

Believe me hes nowhere near the player at the turn of the millenium.

and Last year after Selby won the title Williams said on twitter hes the only player today that could have not felt out of place with us back in the Day.

I agree with all of this. The standard nowadays is very poor. and it's only set to get worse. Young players expect it on a plate for them.

Postby Souvent

snookerguy wrote:Whilst it's great to see Higgins go up against Williams wherever and especially long format. I can understand the frustration from some quarters. It's 26 years since these guys turned pro, you'd have expected some development in the sport in that time with new players coming on. Kyren Wilson got to the semi-finals, Judd to the semis but both are in their late 20s.

There's no clear new generation emerging.

It's a trend happening across different sports though.
So we might as well accept it.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Gridlock wrote:This is only my 4th final following and I was 31 in '92 so ya I'm pretty excited about the old guys!

Exactly. Sit back and enjoy Gridlock, this one is going to be ace.

+1

Can’t wait.

I desperately tried to not find out who had won in the Willo match so I could watch it back late last night but I couldn’t find it online and then I saw a small clip of him potting that pink and black so that blew it.

So happy that it’s those two though. Wow.

Was it not on iPlayer?

Postby hendry_fan

Well,welll,wellll!,i still canny really believe that these 2 giants are playing against each other in this years Worlds Final,absolutely stunning!!!.

It can,t get much better that this,2 absolute legends,greats of our wunderful game/sport,both competin against each other,both desperatly wantin to add to there Worlds silverware.

I,ll write this bfore the match starts,......

,.....i hope John aint tired. :chin:

,.....nah,i,m only jokin,i,m sure,at least i hope he,ll be full o beans. :-D

Of course i,ll be disappointed if John does,nt win this,but if MJW wins it,then i,ll be happy for him,i,ve always liked the lad,except when he beat Hendry and lost to Ronnie. >-( <laugh>

COMMMMMMMMMMMME ONNNNNNNNNNNN JOHN,TIME TO NOT ONLY ADD TO YOUR ALREADY VERRRY IMPRESSIVE SILVERWARE IN GENERAL,BUT TO ADD TO YOUR VERRY IMPRESSIVE WORLDS TITLE TALLY.

YOU JUST NEED TO GET TO 18 FRAMES BEFORE MR MJW DOES TO BECOME THE WORLD CHAMPION FOR THE 5TH TIME!!!.

<ok> COMMMMMMMMMMMMME ONNNNNNNNNNN JOHN!. <ok>

Postby mantorok

hendry_fan wrote:Well,welll,wellll!,i still canny really believe that these 2 giants are playing against each other in this years Worlds Final,absolutely stunning!!!.

It can,t get much better that this,2 absolute legends,greats of our wunderful game/sport,both competin against each other,both desperatly wantin to add to there Worlds silverware.

Of course i,ll be disappointed if John does,nt win this,but if MJW wins it,then i,ll be happy for him,i,ve always liked the lad,except when he beat Hendry and lost to Ronnie. >-( <laugh>

COMMMMMMMMMMMME ONNNNNNNNNNNN JOHN,TIME TO NOT ONLY ADD TO YOUR ALREADY VERRRY IMPRESSIVE SILVERWARE IN GENERAL,BUT TO ADD TO YOUR VERRY IMPRESSIVE WORLDS TITLE TALLY.

YOU JUST NEED TO GET TO 18 FRAMES BEFORE MR MJW DOES TO BECOME THE WORLD CHAMPION FOR THE 5TH TIME!!!.

So do you want Williams or Higgins to win? I can't tell.

Postby LeonD123

hendry_fan wrote:Well,welll,wellll!,i still canny really believe that these 2 giants are playing against each other in this years Worlds Final,absolutely stunning!!!.

Postby SteveJJ

It's good to see the class of 92 still going strong.

Just as it would be good if a new generation were consistently coming through like they did back then.

At least we are not talking about the class of 95 - the year of players turning pro who went on to get betting related bans - Leo Fernandez, Quinton Hann and Stuart Bingham.

Postby SteveJJ

Pink Ball wrote:Was this the worst World Championship? I'd still go for 2013.

I think only the 2nd round was a letdown with not many big stories other than ROS losing.

You had seeds going out in the first round including WN1. Interesting QF line ups where any of them could have gone on to the final. Two very close semi finals.

Loads of centuries.

Front row Brian forced to smarten up.

What was missing for you?

Postby SteveJJ

SnookerFan wrote:I think I want Williams to win. 15 years ago, I watched him win the title.

As a student, I spent 17 days sat on my bottom watching snooker when I should've been working.

How very different from today.

I would like Williams to win by my head tells me that Higgins will be too strong.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:I think I want Williams to win. 15 years ago, I watched him win the title.

As a student, I spent 17 days sat on my bottom watching snooker when I should've been working.

How very different from today.

Not much has changed then. :p

Postby Andre147

Chalk McHugh wrote:Cracking final in prospect. Its a nostalgia feast but so what? Both players have made it on merit. It may be a sign of the dearth of young talent coming through but so be it. Two bona fide legends fighting to the death in the games greatest prize. How could you not like that? Let the battle commence!

Fully agree mate.

Very excited about it.

CMON MARK! :happy: :happy: :happy: