Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 32 !!!

Postby Chalk McHugh

Pink Ball wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Why is it that only us Irish see anything in horse racing?

I'm Irish and I don't get it at all.

I think it's a generational thing. My grandad loves it and still has a bet to this day and he's 90. I can't stand horse racing. A complete waste of time. Have very few friends that like it. I like a bet on football and GAA but love watching both anyway. I wonder how many horse racing fans enjoy it without a bet? None in my experience. Mugs game.

Horse racing is popular with all ages where I live. And I've never had a bet. I think most diehard horse-racing fans have close to zero interest in betting.

It's a gambling sport. Always was. Always will be. You're in the tiny minority that enjoy it and don't gamble. From my experience, and i was talking to my grandad about his experience, i'd say 95% bet on the horses. All the diehards in my few local pubs like a bet on the horses. The two go hand in hand.

I can see it dying away over next 20 years. Football betting is num 1 with a lot of young lads these days. But hey whatever floats your boat. There's no accounting for taste. Some lads like baseball and cricket. Each to their own.

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:

I think it's a generational thing. My grandad loves it and still has a bet to this day and he's 90. I can't stand horse racing. A complete waste of time. Have very few friends that like it. I like a bet on football and GAA but love watching both anyway. I wonder how many horse racing fans enjoy it without a bet? None in my experience. Mugs game.

Horse racing is popular with all ages where I live. And I've never had a bet. I think most diehard horse-racing fans have close to zero interest in betting.

apart from Alex Higgins that is <laugh>

Postby LC

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:

It's a gambling sport. Always was. Always will be. You're in the tiny minority that enjoy it and don't gamble. From my experience, and i was talking to my grandad about his experience, i'd say 95% bet on the horses. All the diehards in my few local pubs like a bet on the horses. The two go hand in hand.

I can see it dying away over next 20 years. Football betting is num 1 with a lot of young lads these days. But hey whatever floats your boat. There's no accounting for taste. Some lads like baseball and cricket. Each to their own.

I agree 100%, I’ve always said horse racing is purely about betting, you can watch almost any other sport for the entertainment or the level of skill involved, but in my experience no one watches a horse race unless they are betting on it

Postby SnookerFan

Rockettim147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Rockettim147 wrote:Oh And his ‘Don’t Care Attitude’ is very annoying

You should start supporting somebody else. <ok>

I can’t. Diehard Ronnie fan.

You said Diehard not Dieimpossible.

I believe in you. <ok>

Postby Andre147

Rockettim147 wrote:Selby isn’t gonna do anything until the Worlds. And as for Ronnie, well he is like the old Ronnie again. Which one is gonna turn-up?

Have a feeling he'll do well on this one, might even win it.

I'm making a bold predict that he'll win either this one of the Players Champs. Ideally the China Open with 200 grand involved but have better hopes on UK tournaments. Even though he did win in China this season after a long long wait (2009).

Postby Dan-cat

Deewee wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Selbs is already qualified isn't he? For the CoC I mean? He won the International Champs?

That was the week before the last CoC

Ah. Imagine the ignominy if the world number 1 is not at the CoC. Of course, he might not be the World number 1 by then.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:
Deewee wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Selbs is already qualified isn't he? For the CoC I mean? He won the International Champs?

That was the week before the last CoC

Ah. Imagine the ignominy if the world number 1 is not at the CoC. Of course, he might not be the World number 1 by then.

Hopefully Ronnie is! :-D