Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 16!!!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Iranu wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Fair enough Andre - but if he is ever found arse-ramping a primate, I will be watching your comments very closely.

<ok>

Ronnie's bucking a chimp up the bottom, and Andre's comments are what you'll be focusing on?

Priorities dude.

Take care of the small things, and the big things will look after themselves.

Postby Lou147

Is John Higgins the most boring looking person in the the history of mankind?

Postby Andre147

I always found Guodong the 3rd best chinese player after Ding and Wenbo, but hasnt fulfilled his full potencial.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:I always found Guodong the 3rd best chinese player after Ding and Wenbo, but hasnt fulfilled his full potencial.

I rate Yuelong but he also has yet to find his feet.

Think Bingtao will soon be challenging Ding

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I always found Guodong the 3rd best chinese player after Ding and Wenbo, but hasnt fulfilled his full potencial.

Which could actually help Ding if Yan shares the load of Chinese expectations.

Liang is the only other player to have come anywhere close and let's face it, he's nowhere near Ding's level.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Iranu wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Which could actually help Ding if Yan shares the load of Chinese expectations.

Liang is the only other player to have come anywhere close and let's face it, he's nowhere near Ding's level.

Good point.
Do you know if Yan gets lot's of media attention in the homeland?

Postby Iranu

No idea. But considering the breakthrough season he's had I can only imagine it's increasing tournament by tournament. If he wins a tournament this/next season it will boost dramatically, and maybe Ding will feel some weight off his shoulders.

This match could end up like the Ronnie-Yan match. The legend goes one frame from being out, then comes back to win.

Postby Iranu

Surprising miss by Higgins on an admittedly tricky black allows Guodong to take the match with a composed break. 4-3 Xiao.

And that's Xiao, for now!

Postby Andre147

Ronnie v Guidong it is. Higgins has had a poor season thus far, yes won the Indian Open but that was over a Best of 7 format and may top pros werent event there.

A tournament win is a win, but let's face it in the other regular rankers he's not done anything special.

Postby Andre147

Robbo v Selby should be a great match tomorrow afternoon, always great matches between the two. Shame it's not at least Best of 9.

Postby Alex0paul

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Lou147 wrote:Is John Higgins the most boring looking person in the the history of mankind?

Nigel Bond might have something to say about that

Nigel is a sex god

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Anyway, let's move on. No need to let one twatty interview spoil the tournament.

You're right, sorry. There are two other matches on right now. Let's focus on those.

I apologise for derailing the thread.

No need to apologise.

My comments were more aimed at what Ronnie said than any users on here. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:On the day - I mean to say I think Xiao deserved the win.
Higgins started strongly with a century but Xiao grew in strength.

I was kidding about. I didn't really think you meant Xiao was more accomplished than Higgins.