Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 16!!!

Postby Andre147

And sometimes it's just because it was Ronnie who said this. Had it been another player, namely a mid ranked one, we wouldn't make so much fuss about it.

I need to watch the interview, hopefully it's already on YT, but from what I gather it wasn't that bad, just Ronnie being brutally honest, which lets be fair has been the trademark for most of his career.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Lisowski is fired up.

Where you watching it KK?

I just guessing he heard what Hendry said about him during Ronnie's interview.

Postby Iranu

Chalk McHugh wrote:Xiao looking to the heavens for inspiration. Higgins has bamboozled him with snookers.

First one was a simple 1 cushion escape as well.

Postby Andre147

From World Snooker website:

And fair to say he's right. Watch that interview between MJW and Ronnie at the German Masters (think it was) and you'll know what Ronnie is refering to.

“I don’t think either of us played really well,” world number two O’Sullivan told ITV. “I had to dig in because I had no touch and feel. My timing was all over the place but my competitiveness kicked in and that’s why I won.

“Yan is a very good talent. I don’t know if he has got any bottle. A lot of the players that are meant to be doing the business, they’re not doing it because they don’t seem to be able to do it under pressure. It doesn’t matter how good you are – if you can’t perform under pressure then you’re going to get to quarters, semis and finals but then get found out.

“I think there are only four or five players on the circuit who have got any bottle. John Higgins has it, Stephen Hendry had it in abundance, Ding Junhui and Mark Selby have a bit of it – other than that they all get a bit flaky under the cosh.

“If you want to get to quarters and semis and be a journeyman that’s fine, but if you want to win tournaments you have to learn to win under pressure. Stephen (Hendry) taught me that when I was a kid, I watched him and realised I had to change my game and do certain things at certain times in a match.”

Postby Chalk McHugh

Andre147 wrote:From World Snooker website:

And fair to say he's right. Watch that interview between MJW and Ronnie at the German Masters (think it was) and you'll know what Ronnie is refering to.

“I don’t think either of us played really well,” world number two O’Sullivan told ITV. “I had to dig in because I had no touch and feel. My timing was all over the place but my competitiveness kicked in and that’s why I won.

“Yan is a very good talent. I don’t know if he has got any bottle. A lot of the players that are meant to be doing the business, they’re not doing it because they don’t seem to be able to do it under pressure. It doesn’t matter how good you are – if you can’t perform under pressure then you’re going to get to quarters, semis and finals but then get found out.

“I think there are only four or five players on the circuit who have got any bottle. John Higgins has it, Stephen Hendry had it in abundance, Ding Junhui and Mark Selby have a bit of it – other than that they all get a bit flaky under the cosh.

“If you want to get to quarters and semis and be a journeyman that’s fine, but if you want to win tournaments you have to learn to win under pressure. Stephen (Hendry) taught me that when I was a kid, I watched him and realised I had to change my game and do certain things at certain times in a match.”

Thars all fine.Where's the insulting part of the interview? It's conspicuous by its absence.

Postby Iranu

Interesting that Ronnie mentioned Ding but not MJW. And apparently Selby only has "a bit of it."

Higgins somehow back to needing three snookers!

Postby Iranu

Crazy that Higgins, after needing three snookers, will actually be wondering how he lost that frame after getting them.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:Worth noting Andre that Ronnie said a couple of things not included in that excerpt.

To wrap it up...

I already watched the full interview on YT, and I dont find his comments disrepectfull. But thats me, if others find them insulting then well...

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:Worth noting Andre that Ronnie said a couple of things not included in that excerpt.

To wrap it up...

I already watched the full interview on YT, and I dont find his comments disrepectfull. But thats me, if others find them insulting then well...

Andre - if Ronnie was bum-fucking a chimpanzee on a zebra crossing in front of a primary school whilst the residents of the old peoples home were being seen across by the lollipop lady, I doubt you would find fault.

Anyway, in other news

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

To wrap it up...

Andre - if Ronnie was bum-fucking a chimpanzee on a zebra crossing in front of a primary school whilst the residents of the old peoples home were being seen across by the lollipop lady, I doubt you would find fault.

Anyway, in other news

lol you obviously havent been around SI for too long to know me well...

I'm one of the few ROS fans here who critisces him a lot about some of the things he says... but cleraly this time I dont find them disrespectfull.

But if you do then that's all good. But dont say I dont criticise him, because I can assure you that I've done so many many times.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Fair enough Andre - but if he is ever found arse-ramping a primate, I will be watching your comments very closely.

<ok>

You do that. <ok>

Postby Andre147

Wouldnt mind Higgins v Ronnie but Ronnie would need to win that one. Nothing worst than losing to Higgins.

Otherwise losing to Xiao wouldn't be bad.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Andre147 wrote:Wouldnt mind Higgins v Ronnie but Ronnie would need to win that one. Nothing worst than losing to Higgins.

Otherwise losing to Xiao wouldn't be bad.

I like Higgins, also. I'd love a Ronnie v Higgins game. Would want Ron to win but i never disliked Higgins.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Andre147 wrote:I dont dislike Higgins, but I dont like Ronnie losing to his biggest rival even if it's a Best of 1.

Yea i get ya. It's always sweet to see Ron beat him.

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Fair enough Andre - but if he is ever found arse-ramping a primate, I will be watching your comments very closely.

<ok>

Ronnie's bucking a chimp up the bottom, and Andre's comments are what you'll be focusing on?

Priorities dude.

Postby Andre147

Chalk McHugh wrote:A Chinese snooker.

I once heard Clive explaining why it's called that way but I cant remember it anymore. :shrug: But it's a term that's been around for ages, I've seen 80s matches when that term was already used.