Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes World Grand Prix Last 16!!!

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:Anyway, let's move on. No need to let one twatty interview spoil the tournament.

You're right, sorry. There are two other matches on right now. Let's focus on those.

I apologise for derailing the thread.

Postby freakmoomin

Honestly....I think the ROS interview was tv gold and its exactly why hes snookers biggest star and why we love to watch him.

The boat thing i really dont think was racist or watever, its just a saying from ye olden times when people from over seas actually arrived on boats....

Postby Cloud Strife

freakmoomin wrote:Honestly....I think the ROS interview was tv gold and its exactly why hes snookers biggest star and why we love to watch him.

The boat thing i really dont think was racist or watever, its just a saying from ye olden times when people from over seas actually arrived on boats....

I agree. I think you're spot on in your assessment there.

Postby Erza Scarlet

There was nothing wrong with what Ronnie said. It's literally a saying. Why would he be xenophobic when he is good friends with Ding and Liang? Did everyone miss the support he gave to Ding in that masters 2007 final when people were actually shouting things at him? That comment was aimed at young players. Even mark Williams wonders the same thing about them.

As usual, only sad and pathetic Selby fans trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Erza Scarlet wrote:There was nothing wrong with what Ronnie said. It's literally a saying. Why would he be xenophobic when he is good friends with Ding and Liang? Did everyone miss the support he gave to Ding in that masters 2007 final when people were actually shouting things at him? That comment was aimed at young players. Even mark Williams wonders the same thing about them.

As usual, only sad and pathetic Selby fans trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Racist

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:There was nothing wrong with what Ronnie said. It's literally a saying. Why would he be xenophobic when he is good friends with Ding and Liang? Did everyone miss the support he gave to Ding in that masters 2007 final when people were actually shouting things at him? That comment was aimed at young players. Even mark Williams wonders the same thing about them.

Racist

Reported

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:People just love to get offended these days.

People get offended by other people's offence, which is the most ridiculous thing in the world.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Erza, i respect your opinion, but maybe you should respect the opinions of others who see it differently.I'm as big a fan of Ronnie as anyone and i found his comments distasteful. And it's by no means the first time.

But as some of the posters said, let's not dwell on it as there's a good tournament here to enjoy. Until his next interview best put it behond us.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:I've realised in recent days that I'm a rare breed. I have outgrown you riffraff.

You've decided on legs?

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:

People get offended by other people's offence, which is the most ridiculous thing in the world.

Stop victim-blaming NOW.

Typical libtard response

Postby Iranu

Xiao Guodong held his hand up to apologse for fluking a second red, after landing in a shitty position for his next colour. Why?

Potted a stonking blue though.

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I've realised in recent days that I'm a rare breed. I have outgrown you riffraff.

Don't know about rare breed, probably in-bred.

rofl

Postby Chalk McHugh

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Funny thing about Snooker Island is that it is the only forum I have known with no moderation, and yet people seem to get along better here than anywhere else.

Good post.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:

There are more ridiculous things in the world.

I find that offensive.

Ok so it's not the most ridiculous thing in the world haha but it's pretty damned ridiculous. It's like being offended by a stranger's choice of curtains. What the hell difference does it make to you if someone is offended by something?

I'll resist the temptation to go on a rant and instead say that Xiao looks to be going 3-2 up after an edgy start to the match. Higgins is giving him chances though.

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Funny thing about Snooker Island is that it is the only forum I have known with no moderation, and yet people seem to get along better here than anywhere else.

Because snooker is a thinker's game :hatoff: