Post a reply

Re: Ladbrokes Players Championship Final !!!

Postby TheRocket

Allen,Robertson, Bingham,Brecel. Just to mention a few more who don't bend over. Even Williams who has a terrible record doesn't. ROS is just a very bad match up for him.

The fear factor thing is very overrated. O'Sullivan is simply a better player than the majority of his opponents. And if he plays to a high level he'll beat them in 95% of the cases, regardless of whether they are scared of him or not.

Postby vodkadiet

mantorok wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:"On behalf of all the players, I'd like to pay a tribute to Ronnie for the the standard he is playing.“

That is why O’Sullivan has had it so easy. Ridiculous thing for a professional sportsman to say

No that's just Shaun being a brown-nose, there's a lot of players who don't bend over for him, but Shaun is not one of them.

Selby
Higgins
Trump
Ding

Off the top of my head, even players like Perry or King don't exactly give in, there's many more too. I don't believe the fear factor is as high as people think. All the players know a good performance against him will pay dividends.

Didn't O'Sullivan play his best match of the season against Fu at The Masters and then get thrashed by Allen in his next match? #shortmemorysyndrome#

Postby eraserhead

Agree with Mantarok think Murphy's just given up with the critical comments, and decided to praise Ronnie to make himself more likeable. He's been doing this since he started working with the BBC, who know if thats a reason.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:Didn't O'Sullivan play his best match of the season against Fu at The Masters and then get thrashed by Allen in his next match? #shortmemorysyndrome#

You mean, when he had the flu?

Losing one match when ill, proves what exactly?

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Allen,Robertson, Bingham,Brecel. Just to mention a few more who don't bend over. Even Williams who has a terrible record doesn't. ROS is just a very bad match up for him.

The fear factor thing is very overrated. O'Sullivan is simply a better player than the majority of his opponents. And if he plays to a high level he'll beat them in 95% of the cases, regardless of whether they are scared of him or not.

Fully agree, ROS just better than anyone else at the moment whether some hate that or not... and if there's a fear factor for some players, what's the problem? Davis and Hendry also had it in abundance. Many players were already beat before they even faced them.

But like you say many players know a good performance from them plus Ronnie not being at his best is all it takes to beat him. Allen showed this at The Masters.

It's up to them to step up to the challenge.

Postby eraserhead

Why is Murphy going to China if his back is a worry? Doesn't need the ranking points so why not get heathy and properly prepared for the worlds. :shrug:

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Didn't O'Sullivan play his best match of the season against Fu at The Masters and then get thrashed by Allen in his next match? #shortmemorysyndrome#

You mean, when he had the flu?

Losing one match when ill, proves what exactly?

If he had flu he wouldn't have been able to get out of bed.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Ronnie will win the Worlds for me. Said it before winning this tournament. This 17 day thing is a myth. He won it 5 times so it's not like he doesn't know how to win the WC. Also, being the 2nd seed it's only a "10 day" event if you take the very first round for granted. Then it's just pure Snooker.

Toughest match-up would be Selby, not worried about Higgins or Trump. He'll beat them if they meet him. I fancy Ronnie to do the job this time, he's focused more than ever.

Postby Dan-cat

Erza Scarlet wrote:Ronnie will win the Worlds for me. Said it before winning this tournament. This 17 day thing is a myth. He won it 5 times so it's not like he doesn't know how to win the WC. Also, being the 2nd seed it's only a "10 day" event if you take the very first round for granted. Then it's just pure Snooker.

Toughest match-up would be Selby, not worried about Higgins or Trump. He'll beat them if they meet him. I fancy Ronnie to do the job this time, he's focused more than ever.

I love your confidence in our man. Let's hope it's :party: time in May!!!

I'm clearing my schedule for the final few days. Made the mistake the last two years running of missing the final weekend due to bad planning.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:Allen,Robertson, Bingham,Brecel. Just to mention a few more who don't bend over. Even Williams who has a terrible record doesn't. ROS is just a very bad match up for him.

I would have loved to see Williams take on Ronnie yesterday in his current form.

Still snake hissed off that it didn't happen! He'd have given him a much better game than Murphy.

Postby vodkadiet

Iranu wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Daffodil.

Good post.

Good post.

6/10 needs more tennis

Del Potro is on course for 'The Sunshine Double.'

Postby Dan-cat

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:The Daily Star claims this is the best snooker shot ever: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/other ... shot-video

If he meant it it was special but i dont believe even Ronnie would attempt such a low percentage shot.

Nah he was just trying to cannon them. The Daily Star are retarded

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:

rofl

True, but if you didn't know what he was attempting to do, it does look like a really good shot.

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

rofl

True, but if you didn't know what he was attempting to do, it does look like a really good shot.

That's about a 1/1000 shot. Aesthetically though, it looks damn good.

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:"Whether or not it was intentional remained to be seen, but the vast majority of fans hailed the shot."

Did anybody on this forum hail the shot?

The Rocket is forever being hailed on here. It's a hail fest.

Postby Dan-cat

Chalk McHugh wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

rofl

If you look at this face he's like 'what the buck is the white doing'

Postby Chalk McHugh

Dan-cat wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

rofl

If you look at this face he's like 'what the buck is the white doing'

I'd say Smurfs face uttered a different phrase. Like ' buck me the plucky backstard.'

Postby Andre147

Daily Star are cluesless I' m afraid...

It was sheer luck, even Ronnie looked bemused by it. Yes he could stand there all day and not do that again, because that wasnt what he was trying to do in the first place.