Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Final :Mark Allen v Kyren Wilson

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:Wildey

Your prediction for the final ?

Allen must be faverite despite the Head to Head But there is some steel in Kyren thats impressive yea he had the run today at times to say the least but when the pressure was on he played his best stuff.

Postby GJ

Wildey wrote:

Allen must be faverite despite the Head to Head But there is some steel in Kyren thats impressive yea he had the run today at times to say the least but when the pressure was on he played his best stuff.

Cheers mate I know he has it in him to up his game so hopefully it will be a good match,

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Cheers mate I know he has it in him to up his game so hopefully it will be a good match,

He did win that Shanghai Final 10-9 so he definately has bottle.

But a TC Final is just a bit different and I think Allen will take it.

Postby GJ

I know Wildey dislikes Higgins but I feel the Allen match up suits Kyren far more and despite Allen's great form I think Kyren will fancy his chances.

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:I know Wildey dislikes Higgins but I feel the Allen match up suits Kyren far more and despite Allen's great form I think Kyren will fancy his chances.

It's not like Kyren couldn't beat Higgins in a Final here. Of course he could, but fair to say Allen on paper will suit Kyren a bit more.

Higgins could have tied Kyren up in knots with his safety game. Allen is less likely to do that.

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:
GJ wrote:I know Wildey dislikes Higgins but I feel the Allen match up suits Kyren far more and despite Allen's great form I think Kyren will fancy his chances.

It's not like Kyren couldn't beat Higgins in a Final here. Of course he could, but fair to say Allen on paper will suit Kyren a bit more.

Higgins could have tied Kyren up in knots with his safety game. Allen is less likely to do that.

Theres a comparison with Shanghai Final I'm seeing most saying Allen will win and I'm sure most said Trump would beat Kyren that day as well and Kyren has more experience now so nothing to fear.

Postby GJ

Iranu wrote:Lots of respect for Allen as a player, but don't like him as a person so I'll be rooting for Kyren.

Allen comes across quite arrogant in his interviews

Postby PLtheRef

I definitely think that if he was forced to choose between the two then he'd have rather faced Allen. Better to go against someone for whom the Triple-Crown final is still a relatively new experience rather than an old-timer who has been appearing in Triple Crown finals since Wilson was three years old.

Plus, Wilson does have a good record against Allen, and over distance, beating him rather comfortably at the Crucible two years ago.

I do think Allen will win tomorrow though, providing he plays the same he has all week

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Iranu wrote:Lots of respect for Allen as a player, but don't like him as a person so I'll be rooting for Kyren.

Allen comes across quite arrogant in his interviews

i like that about him.

he says he would be gutted if he loses in the final Every player shouldn't be pleased with having a run its about being the best and winning is all that counts.

Postby Wildey

sundaygirl wrote:What is Mark Allen’s conversion rate in finals?
I don’t think it’s good but I’m not basing this feeling on any actual statistical evidence

50%

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:Awake early, so watching an old Power Snooker match on You Tube. As goofy as this was, it was far more entertaining than the ShootOut.

I'm watching the last frame of the 1998 Masters final. Great stuff.

Postby hendry_fan

To each of there own,everyone has there favs,preferences,whatever,i,ve nuthin against The Warrior,he seems a decent lad,but so far,i personally can,t warm to him,he,s certainly not a player who i,d purposely stay in to watch every,or most matches he plays,that might change over the years though.

I,d like Allen to win this Masters and i,m confident he will.

I,ve never been a fan of him and i still aint,i have grown on him of late though.

He,s played verrrry well in every match this week,he beat Brecel 6-3,knocked in four 70+ breaks,2 of which were tons.

He then destroyed Ronnie by 6 frames to1,he really punished Ron for the mistakes he made and kept his foot on the pedal.He threw four 60+ breaks at him and played in all departments of the game verrry solid.

And then last night,he put up another very good performance,threw five 50+ers at John Higgins and sent him packin by beating him 6-3.

He,s got 3 ranking titles under his belt,but has never won one of the BIGGIES/triple crown tourneys,so It,s high time that he won one,what a great chance he has of winning one today.

I can,t see him missin such a great opportunity like this today,he,ll be absolutely up for it,fullllllll of determination,fulll of confidence,he might go down a gear compared with how he,s been all week,but either way,it,s Allen for me in this match,i,m sure he,s gonna be to good for Wilson in this final.