Post a reply

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters !!!!

Postby Andre147

Think I read somewhere this is the 4th time in 6 seasons Robertson has won the first event of the season.

Fair to say he tends to start strongly, but in recent times that has meant little for the future.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:Think I read somewhere this is the 4th time in 6 seasons Robertson has won the first event of the season.

Fair to say he tends to start strongly, but in recent times that has meant little for the future.

Robertson owes it to his talent to get his bottom in gear and win some major rankers. This year needs to be better

Postby SnookerFan

[quote="Pink Ball"]There's been a lot of disrespect out there for Neil Robertson over the years, but you'd have to say she's an all-time great now[/quote]

I'd like to see him win The Crucible again.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:There's been a lot of disrespect out there for Neil Robertson over the years, but you'd have to say she's an all-time great now

I'd like to see him win The Crucible again./quote]

quote] pmsl :dizzy:

Postby Ronnie79

Dan-cat wrote:Didn't like the way Jack said he wasn't used to the table in his post-match interview. It's a snooker table, exactly the same make, model and spec as the other ones he played on. They can't be that different. It's not like he'd been driving a Mini all day and then asked to use a Ferrari for his last race.

Obviously you don't know much about Pro Snooker. The main match table plays totally different to outside tables due to lighting and pace of the table so you are totally wrong

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ronnie79 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Didn't like the way Jack said he wasn't used to the table in his post-match interview. It's a snooker table, exactly the same make, model and spec as the other ones he played on. They can't be that different. It's not like he'd been driving a Mini all day and then asked to use a Ferrari for his last race.

Obviously you don't know much about Pro Snooker. The main match table plays totally different to outside tables due to lighting and pace of the table so you are totally wrong

Could you please explain as I don't understand this.

The cloth is the same.
The cushions are the same.
The heaters are the same.
The balls are the same.

You reference the lighting - what physical impact does that have?
You mention the pace - why?
Thanks for explaining.

Postby Dan-cat

Yes ronnie79, please explain. I’m intrigued to know how it felt for you and why it was so different when you progressed from one of the outside tables to the TV one.

Ooh that’s passive aggressive isn’t it! Lolz. Bad-Dan. #metacommentary #justabitofun

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:Yes ronnie79, please explain. I’m intrigued to know how it felt for you and why it was so different when you progressed from one of the outside tables to the TV one.

Ooh that’s passive aggressive isn’t it! Lolz. Bad-Dan. #metacommentary #justabitofun

:fence:

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:Yes ronnie79, please explain. I’m intrigued to know how it felt for you and why it was so different when you progressed from one of the outside tables to the TV one.

Well that was a bit... catty.

Postby Andre147

A 14 time ranking event winner sh9uld have at least 2 World Titles, but often things dont work that way... Robbo wasted golden chances in 2014 and 2015 I believe.

Mind you, a player like Ding Junhui might well be the player with most ranking events won and no World Title. Which would be a shame indeed.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Neil's dad was proud of his victory in Riga

Who dat?

That looks like Jerry Jones, the owner of the Dallas Cowboys

Postby Dan-cat

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Neil's dad was proud of his victory in Riga

Who dat?

That looks like Jerry Jones, the owner of the Dallas Cowboys

No that's Terry Jones, one of the Monty Python comedy troupe. No it isn't. Yes it is. This isn't an argument! Yes it is! No it isn't it's just contradiction! ... no it isn't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvcnx6-0GhA (this sketch gives me so much joy)

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:Where's Ronnie79? He must be practising for the World Open, is he in that? Or getting ready for the Indian Open, China Championship & European Masters qualifiers in a couple of weeks :-D

:no: