Post a reply

Re: Paul Hunter Classic !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Deewee wrote:Milkins and others saying on twitter that they're going to make this event a top 16 invitational most likely next year. A shame if so

Do we need another top-ranked players only tournament? Barry Hearn has promised opportunities for all, but he increases the tournaments every year that only feature the top 8/16/32.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:
Deewee wrote:Milkins and others saying on twitter that they're going to make this event a top 16 invitational most likely next year. A shame if so

Do we need another top-ranked players only tournament? Barry Hearn has promised opportunities for all, but he increases the tournaments every year that only feature the top 8/16/32.

No

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:buck me, is that Hearns answer to everything???

Hearn has a two solution policy to everything.

Solution 1 Make everything Flat 128 ranking event, best of sevens up to at least the Quarter-Finals.

If you can't shape a tournament this way for whatever reason, go to Solution 2.

Solution 2 Throw a tantrum. Boast to everybody that you're the boss. Remind everyone how awesome best of sevens are, and say there's no compromise. Then compromise, and have a top-player only event.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:

Solution 1 Make everything Flat 128 ranking event, best of sevens up to at least the Quarter-Finals.

Solution 2 Throw a tantrum. Boast to everybody that you're the boss. Remind everyone how awesome best of sevens are, and say there's no compromise. Then compromise, and have a top-player only event.

The fact we are even talking about this is a sign of success in Hearn's eyes.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

The fact we are even talking about this is a sign of success in Hearn's eyes.

rofl

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

That goes completely against the whole point of the tournament.

Postby SnookerFan

Why do they struggle so much to get this on the main channel?

The ones in Riga and Gibraltar are on Eurosport with no problem. The one dedicated to Paul Hunter is confiend to the Eurosport Player.

Why?

Postby Dan-cat

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:It really bothers me that Jimmy White was never World Champion.

There's still time. Believe, keep the faith.

I'm starting to think his chance has gone.

Jimmy still genuinely believes he can break Hendry's record. He's starting to enter Paul Gascoigne territory, sadly.

Jimmy will finish his career on 8 or 9 Worlds, defo.

Postby Dan-cat

Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Who knew? Ebdon is a pedigree horse consultant: http://www.designerpedigrees.org/

EQUINE POWER!

It that the "real" Peter Ebdon? I thought he was a vegan?

It’s him - link in his twitter bio. Indeed, horse racing does rather jar against his vegan proselytising.

Postby PLtheRef

To be honest it might be a little unprofessional of Wilson to use those words in his public comments but I think he does have a point about the lack of the higher ranked players taking part in this.

Likewise I agree and sympathise with Hawkins about being restricted in when they can get away as a family given its the school holidays. Obviously players should be free to pick and choose whichever events they want to play in. Given that he brought the school holidays angle it I'm intrigued as to why he decided to play in the World Open given that the event presumably also happened to be in the holidays.

The problem for this event is that players are probably aware that given the history of the event and why its named after Paul that their absence is probably going to be noticed more compared to if they decided to miss Riga or Gibraltar.

The last few days have probably evidenced why the event shouldn't be a ranking event because with the lowest tariff it is rather understandably be the least priority. The players including those who didn't take part are good supporters of the events held which support causes e.g. Pink ribbon, So there's no question that it might be missed out of deference to Paul Hunter, but it would be nice given the history of the event if top players could show it a bit more support even if it wasn't for huge amounts of money.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Dan, great news! It's a testament to how much I enjoy this forum that I genuinely feel a spring in my step after hearing this news

snake hiss off.

You're the greatest trumper I know

I revel in being an blue frog.

there's plenty of rubbish coming out of you anyway

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Dan, great news! It's a testament to how much I enjoy this forum that I genuinely feel a spring in my step after hearing this news

snake hiss off.

You're the greatest trumper I know

I revel in being an blue frog.

there's plenty of rubbish coming out of you anyway

rofl

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:Who cares? What a stupid thing for people to worry about.

My thoughts exactly.

Postby SnookerFan

Paul Hunter was so happy-go-lucky, it's seems a shame all these players slagging each other over the tournament that bears his name.

Postby Pink Ball

What the buck is the big deal with having previous edition counted as ranking titles? Tournaments went from non-ranking to ranking all the time. Never once heard this argument until this week. The Irish Masters was going 25 years before it was made a ranking event. Hey, let's give Steve Davis another eight ranking titles because it became a ranking event after his win.

They're pussies.