Post a reply

Re: D88.com European Masters Last 16 !!!

Postby eraserhead

Iranu wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Time for a Hamilton masterclass. Brecel not got the nous for this kind of match.

I'd have said the same with McManus this time yesterday.

What's going on with McManus actually. This is the first tournament he's won a match this season, and against Yan. :irk:

Postby Cloud Strife

eraserhead wrote:
Iranu wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Time for a Hamilton masterclass. Brecel not got the nous for this kind of match.

What's going on with McManus actually. This is the first tournament he's won a match this season, and against Yan. :irk:

Age has finally caught up with him

Postby eraserhead

Cloud Strife wrote:Age has finally caught up with him

Wouldn't be surprised if commentating just seems more appealing nowadays.

Postby Cloud Strife

Johnny Bravo wrote:I am impressed by Hamilton so far.

Luca is a very talented player, but I feel he doesn't put in all the practice hours he needs.

Needs more time on the practice table and less time in the tattoo parlour.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:
eraserhead wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Age has finally caught up with him

Maybe. He played great until 3-0 though. I think in this particular match he struggled because he saw the winning line rather than due to age.

Hamilton echoes Angles' 3 frame advantage. Can he go one better?

Postby Johnny Bravo

Cloud Strife wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:I am impressed by Hamilton so far.

Luca is a very talented player, but I feel he doesn't put in all the practice hours he needs.

Needs more time on the practice table and less time in the tattoo parlour.

You're probably right. The problem most young players have nowadays is that there are too many distractions outside the table, too many activities that u can get entertainment from, especially if u have a little money.

To be honest, 5 or 6 years ago I was expecting Trump to take over the mantle from ROS as the "people champion", in the same way that Higgins has passed it onto Jimmy and Jimmy onto Ronnie. Now, not so much. He is a massive underachiever. He is about the same age as Kyren, but I feel that when they will both end their careers, Kyren will have the better one. Maybe the fact that he has a family makes him more responsible and settles him down.

Postby TheRocket

Johnny Bravo wrote:
To be honest, 5 or 6 years ago I was expecting Trump to take over the mantle from ROS as the "people champion", in the same way that Higgins has passed it onto Jimmy and Jimmy onto Ronnie. Now, not so much. He is a massive underachiever. He is about the same age as Kyren, but I feel that when they will both end their careers, Kyren will have the better one. Maybe the fact that he has a family makes him more responsible and settles him down.

Trumps biggest problem imo is his technique. He points at the right side of the cueball before adjusting at the last second and hitting the cue ball where it needs to be. I know there's almost no one out there with a text book technique or cue action but cueing across like Trump does is bound to fail.

That's why he misses so many sitters. And imagine you have to play a shot with left hand side and then use Trumps strange right-aiming shot technique. I'd say thats very uncomfortable.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

TheRocket wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Trumps biggest problem imo is his technique. He points at the right side of the cueball before adjusting at the last second and hitting the cue ball where it needs to be. I know there's almost no one out there with a text book technique or cue action but cueing across like Trump does is bound to fail.

That's why he misses so many sitters. And imagine you have to play a shot with left hand side and then use Trumps strange right-aiming shot technique. I'd say thats very uncomfortable.

He definitely has a strange technique but I think the worst thing he could do is tinker with it.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Trumps biggest problem imo is his technique. He points at the right side of the cueball before adjusting at the last second and hitting the cue ball where it needs to be. I know there's almost no one out there with a text book technique or cue action but cueing across like Trump does is bound to fail.

He definitely has a strange technique but I think the worst thing he could do is tinker with it.

It's never too late to change something. Look at ROS, he always searches for a way to improve his game. Around 2009 2010 his long game was awful. He analyzed Robbo and Trump and he reinvented his long game,
Trump's got the talent, that is the most important thing. He just needs to dedicate himself and get a good coach. I saw a clip of him while he has 8. His coach (at that time) said he has great potential. I wonder how he never saw his poor aiming technique.

And now back on topic. Luca has provided us with a decider, didn't expect a comeback from him. :hatoff:

The organizers need to change the format though, these short matches are too much of a lottery.