Post a reply

Re: D88.com European Masters Final !!!!

Postby SnookerFan

I always enjoy seeing a new person lift a trophy. Even if they don't go on to win anything else.

People complained when Hendry won everything. Now people complain if there's a surprise winner.

Robertson has been a pro 16 years. Even if this is his only trophy triumph, who cares? Why can't we be happy for his moment in the sun? He played really well yesterday. Why the hate?

Postby vodkadiet

Dan-Cat

Selby was no doubt trying to win but he was just too tired. And these best of 7s are a lottery anyway.

And why is when Jimmy White misses an easy black at 37-24 up in the deciding frame at Crucible '94 it is not a real win for Hendry but when 4 consecutive players miss match ball against Jimmy Robertson in Lommel then all the praise is heaped on Jimmy Robertson?

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:I always enjoy seeing a new person lift a trophy. Even if they don't go on to win anything else.

People complained when Hendry won everything. Now people complain if there's a surprise winner.

Robertson has been a pro 16 years. Even if this is his only trophy triumph, who cares? Why can't we be happy for his moment in the sun? He played really well yesterday. Why the hate?

It's only VD complaining.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:Selby was no doubt trying to win but he was just too tired. And these best of 7s are a lottery anyway.

Then why did you claim he wasn't taking it seriously?

Trying to win, but getting beat doesn't mean you've failed to take the event seriously. By that logic, there are 127 players every event that haven't taken it seriously, and only one who has.

vodkadiet wrote:And why is when Jimmy White misses an easy black at 37-24 up in the deciding frame at Crucible '94 it is not a real win for Hendry but when 4 consecutive players miss match ball against Jimmy Robertson in Lommel then all the praise is heaped on Jimmy Robertson?

Who says it isn't a real win for Hendry? Of course it's a real win for Hendry. Is anybody working under the assumption that Jimmy White won in 1994 and not Hendry? What are you even talking about?

Is winning close matches not allowed any more? Can somebody tell the BBC? Maybe they'll shut up about the 1985 black ball finish.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:I've never seen anyone claim that Hendry's win in '94 wasn't a true victory.

Strip him of the title!!!

Let's have a do-over.

Play the whole tournament again.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:I've never seen anyone claim that Hendry's win in '94 wasn't a true victory.

Strip him of the title!!!

Let's have a do-over.

Play the whole tournament again.

Great idea. From which round? Some of these players could prob barely hold a cue / are deceased!

Gary Ponting anyone?

Postby Wildey

Dont know what vodkadiet is on about now all this vegan stuff depriving his brain of the essence of bacon if you ask me.

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I give him credit for playing better later in the week. Let's see if this makes him a better player. He capitalised on players 'choking'.

he won 3 or 4 black ball deciders didnt he?

maybe some of those opponents bottled them, but its not Jimmy's fault.

All players who win tournaments are bound to get lucky moments at least once. But if they make the most of them then credit to them.

Okay Andre. I give him credit for capitalising on his good fortune. Not only was he lucky his early opponents 'choked' but most of the big names didn't even play and Selby wasn't interested having won last week.

How was Selby not interested? <doh>

Higgins was the one who pulled out. Selby was the one who played in Belgium 48 hours after playing in China.

Selby wasn't interested. He had just won in China a few days before. He was just keeping up with his commitments. Hearn probably paid him some appearance money to give the event a higher profile.

of course he was interested he wouldnt go 2-0 up then sitting through another 4 frames why not win another 2 frames and get to the hotel.

if Selby wasnent interested he would have lost first match to Craigie or not bother fighting back from 2-0 down against Davis in the last 32 and really really fighting for frames too the way only selby does.

Postby Andre147

I'm with SF and most of the others here bar Vodka...

Loved to see a new face winning a ranker, even if he doesnt win anything else.

Postby vodkadiet

Wildey wrote:Dont know what vodkadiet is on about now all this vegan stuff depriving his brain of the essence of bacon if you ask me.

You're right mate. It is CJD deprivation...

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:That trophy tho'!! Looks like something from Anne Summers...

I thought it looked like an oversized sex toy, I didn't want to say. rofl

It does look like a dildo...

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:

Doesn't look oversized to me...

:john:

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:I'm with SF and most of the others here bar Vodka...

Loved to see a new face winning a ranker, even if he doesnt win anything else.

Winning this tournament has come from nowhere for Jimmy Robertson but over the last 3 years his results has improved He reached his first last 16 in 2015 and his first Quarter final earlier this year at the German Masters. and he gave Mark Williams a tougher match than Judd and Dott did winning just 2 frames between them.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Doesn't look oversized to me...

:john:

rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:No snooker on tonight. I might watch a DVD.

I'm going to play snooker.

Don't win a ranking event. It'll only snake hiss off VD.

Postby Dan-cat

Hehe. That reminds me of something funny that happened last time I played. The table next to ours lights went on and off when one of the players was down on the black and he missed. The table must have been booked and the bar were letting them know their time was up.

I said to the fella:

'blimey! That's a bit rough. Imagine you were on the black for a 147!

He replied:

'No. I can't imagine that.'

Postby eraserhead

What I liked about the final was that Perry was favourite, as he's been in these situations more but I never felt he was going to beat Jimmy heavily. Also with the Champion of champions, grand prix and players champs winning a ranker has a bigger impact for players lower down the rankings so Jimmy thoroughly deserves this win played solid whenever I saw him and didn't blink at the winning line.