Post a reply

D88.com European Masters Final !!!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Monday 1st ~ Sunday 7th of October at the Sportdienst, De Soeverein Lommel, Belgium

Down to the Final match, and first up it's veteran Joe Perry, who has rediscovered his good form, into his 5th ranking event Final. His conversion rate isn't great though, having just won one of them so will be looking to win a 2nd ranking event title.

His opponent is Jimmy Robertson, himself into his first ranking Final at the age of 32 and will be looking, like many players in recent times, to win his first ranking event title.

Will the experience of Perry prevail, or will Robertson be inspired by the whole new occasion and grab the title and the £75,000 top prize?

Final

Joe Perry v Jimmy Robertson

HEAD TO HEAD
Overall: Perry leads 4-2
Main Tournaments: Perry leads 3-1
Multi-session matches:First match
Finals : First Final

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: D88.com European Masters Final !!!!

Postby TheRocket

I'd like to see Jimmy Robbo win this. But as I said in the other thread. My prediction is 9:5 or 9:6 Perry.

Hopefully we'll see an exciting and good quality final.
Last edited by TheRocket on 06 Oct 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Not a Final feauturing top players, but at least whoever win it will have fully deserved it with a proper ranking event format, not some Best of 7 rubbish.

Postby Andre147

I think we might see a good 1st session. In the 2nd that's when the nerves might kick in and quality decrease because of it, which is only natural.

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:This is yet another that Donald J Trump is a hypocrite and a c*nt!!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 51231.html

That article is very misleading. It tries to con the reader into thinking that Trump still believes the Central Park 5 is guilty of the rape they were exonorated for. It provides absolutely no evidence or direct quotes to supports its stance.

I have no opinion of Trump either way regarding this, but articles like this illustrate the utter shambles that is the mainstream media currently in this country and especially America.

Postby Dan-cat

Looking forward to this game!! Both will be very hungry to get their hands on the title, the dough, and secure their CoC placement.

C’mon Jimmy!

He really impressed me against Willo last year (Ithink it was a UK early round, or maybe the Irish that Willo eventually won)

Postby Alex0paul

Dan-cat wrote:Looking forward to this game!! Both will be very hungry to get their hands on the title, the dough, and secure their CoC placement.

C’mon Jimmy!

He really impressed me against Willo last year (Ithink it was a UK early round, or maybe the Irish that Willo eventually won)

World Championships?

Postby Dan-cat

Deewee wrote:A compilation of Jimmy's opponents missing match balls in four consecutive deciders: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK4otl29T9g

I can’t help but feel this film would have been better if it actually showed jimmy potting the game ball and his reaction. But yes - skin of his teeth in nearly every game!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

My bias aside - I do think Jimmy is a very talented player.

When he is feeling good and dominating matches he could beat any player in the game. Anybody who watched his last two matches will see that he has all the shots. He has admitted that he is working on the mental side of his game and I think that has shown big improvement here.

Postby Dan-cat

Alex0paul wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Looking forward to this game!! Both will be very hungry to get their hands on the title, the dough, and secure their CoC placement.

C’mon Jimmy!

World Championships?

Found it in the Jimmy interview:

Dan-cat wrote:I went back and watched Willo playing Jimmy in the German masters. Willo plays brilliantly, but Jimmy is also excellent and doesn't make it easy for Willo. A real talent. Limited camera angle and no comms but still well worth a watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yS28fvs4K0. I didn't realise quite how well Willo was playing until the latter stages

Postby chengdufan

Looking forward to this. I actually prefer watching players who don't get on the TV tables as much. I watched a bit of Jimmy at Pond's Forge 2-3 years back and was impressed. Have seen him on TV once or twice since then though and he's been woeful. Hope he brings his 'A' game today.