Post a reply

Re: D88.com German Masters Quarter Finals !!

Postby D4P

TheRocket wrote:I think Trump will never be the most consistent pro. He'll have around 2-3 very good runs in tournaments each season and win 1 or 2 of them. Thats allright btw. Not a bad thing. If he wins lets say 2 world titles along the way he'll have a very decent career.

He's already in the top 10 of career ranking titles and one of only 22 players to win 2+ Triple Crown events, and he's not yet 30 years old.

Postby TheRocket

D4P wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I think Trump will never be the most consistent pro. He'll have around 2-3 very good runs in tournaments each season and win 1 or 2 of them. Thats allright btw. Not a bad thing. If he wins lets say 2 world titles along the way he'll have a very decent career.

He's already in the top 10 of career ranking titles and one of only 22 players to win 2+ Triple Crown events, and he's not yet 30 years old.

Yes he's had a good career. If he wins a World title he'll have an even better career. And if he wins 2 he'd probably be regarded as an All-time Great.

Same for Ding.

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Williams has indeed never beaten Wilson in a real match. They played nine times, Williams won three. Twice in the CL and once in the six reds. Wilson won one match in the CL and 5 times in the proper matches.

So 5:0 Wilson in other words.

Wow - didn't know that...

There are some crazy H2H's. Mags for instance did beat Milkins for the first time yesterday. The H2H was like 5:0 in Milkins favour.

That's another mad one.

I would have guessed that would be 75:25 in Maguire's favour

Wow. Couple of crazy H2Hs there.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:Mark King 5-4 ahead in head to heads with O'Sullivan....

ROS hates playing him for some reason.. I think they had misunderstandings in the past...

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:

ROS hates playing him for some reason.. I think they had misunderstandings in the past...

Yes. Same with Michael Holt. Ronnie just leads the H2H 5:4 with Holt winning the last three matches.

Postby Andre147

If Ding loses to Duane Jones well... he should be beating these kind of players with ease... but this has been the case since 2014...

He cant be consistent anymore...

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:

From Ronnie's book Running:

"Some players you can watch and enjoy and think: 'You know what, I'm getting a pasting here, but I've got the best seat in the house'...but then I'm playing Mark King and there's nothing good about watching him play. He probably knows he's a hacker...He's got no touch...Everything he does is wrong; the way he stands, the way he holds his bridge hand, the way he flicks it in, there's nothing smooth about the way he plays."

Postby Ash147

D4P wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

"Some players you can watch and enjoy and think: 'You know what, I'm getting a pasting here, but I've got the best seat in the house'...but then I'm playing Mark King and there's nothing good about watching him play. He probably knows he's a hacker...He's got no touch...Everything he does is wrong; the way he stands, the way he holds his bridge hand, the way he flicks it in, there's nothing smooth about the way he plays."

Ronnie is correct.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

D4P wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Very magnanimous.

Postby D4P

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
D4P wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Very magnanimous.

Honest Ronnie. To be fair, he did have some nicer things to say as well that I omitted because they were not on topic...

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:

I think the reason is pretty obvious. King's a master at messing the table up and frustrating opponents.

That's not a criticism by the way, I like the guy.

Postby D4P

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Fair enough.

I have not read the book so should not have made the comment.

Apologies

It's the section of the book where he explains why he put the towel over his head during the match with Mark King several years ago.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:If Ding loses to Duane Jones well... he should be beating these kind of players with ease... but this has been the case since 2014...

tbh, I don't think it even bothers him when he loses this kind of matches in those kind of tournaments. I think all he wants is to win the World title and I can even see him retire early.

I think Foulds once said that Ding earns so much money in China and he doesn't even need to play Snooker. I think he has a point. I don't think Ding is really up for Snooker.

Postby D4P

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:If Ding loses to Duane Jones well... he should be beating these kind of players with ease... but this has been the case since 2014...

tbh, I don't think it even bothers him when he loses this kind of matches in those kind of tournaments. I think all he wants is to win the World title and I can even see him retire early.

I think Foulds once said that Ding earns so much money in China and he doesn't even need to play Snooker. I think he has a point. I don't think Ding is really up for Snooker.

Ronnie said something about this last year, too. Something about Ding having fancy cars and lots of money and not caring much about snooker...