Post a reply

HongRuiMa Yushan World Open !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 6th- Sunday 12th of August in Yushan, China

Ding Junhui defending the title this week against strong oposition that includes Mark Selby, Judd Trump, Neil Robertson and World Champion Mark Williams.

Ronnie O'Sullivan and John Higgins not yet ready to finish their vacation and will be missing this week.

Who will win?

DRAW

Selected Last 64 Matches
Marco Fu v Peter Ebdon
Matthew Stevens v David Gilbert
Rory McLeod v Ali Carter
Dominic Dale v Ricky Walden
Scott Donaldson v Luca Brecel
Martin O'Donnell v Judd Trump
Mark Selby v Elliot Slessor
Zho Yueelong v Jamie Jones
Ryan Day v Robbie Williams
Kyren Wilson v Paul Davison
Mark Allen v Luy Haotian
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Stephen Maguire

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: HongRuiMa Yushan World Open !!!

Postby Gridlock

SnookerFan wrote:Best of nines, aren't they?

At first I thought you said best of times aren't they? :-D Why yes they are!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way—in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

Postby SnookerFan

Truly, the World Open is the best of times.

Apart from that shoddy one the BBC did, that was all best of fives. Or that crap group stage ones they had.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 11 Sep 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Dan-cat

Ricky Gervais has often tried to explain this theorem to his little, bald, round-headed radio show producer Karl Pilkington. However this is lost on Pilkington, who claims it "wouldn't 'appen" and that after all these years "there hasn't been one publication from a monkey".

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:Ricky Gervais has often tried to explain this theorem to his little, bald, round-headed radio show producer Karl Pilkington. However this is lost on Pilkington, who claims it "wouldn't 'appen" and that after all these years "there hasn't been one publication from a monkey".

What theorem?

Postby Deewee

Selby barely beats Lichtenberg 4-3 in the Haining Open last 128. The rest of the tour players involved are through to the last 64, I think.

Postby SnookerFan

Deewee wrote:Selby barely beats Lichtenberg 4-3 in the Haining Open last 128. The rest of the tour players involved are through to the last 64, I think.

Sounds like the name of a Pilsner.

Postby SnookerFan

Next week’s Hong Rui Ma Yushan World Open is the last counting event before the seeing cut off for the China Championship, D88.com European Masters and Shanghai Masters.

This season the Shanghai Masters becomes an invitation event for the first time so only the top 16 on the official two-year rankings qualify automatically, to be joined by the next four highest ranked Chinese players, and four Chinese amateurs. And with total prize money of £725,000 and a top prize of £200,000 up for grabs, it will be a lucrative event for those who qualify.

Heading into Yushan, Ryan Day is in 16th place in the latest provisional seedings, with a lead of £16,212 over 17th placed Marco Fu. So Hong Kong’s Fu – who would not count as one of the next four Chinese players – will need a deep run to challenge for a top 16 spot. With a top prize of £150,000 on offer in Yushan, there will be plenty of players with a chance of leaping into the elite.

Neil Robertson has taken an early lead on the one year ranking list thanks to his victory at the Kaspersky Riga Masters.

Robertson beat Jack Lisowski 5-2 in the final in Latvia on Sunday to win the 14th ranking title of his career, earning £50,000.

The one-year list will be used to determine the fields for the Ladbrokes Series later in the season. Only the top 32 will qualify automatically for the Ladbrokes World Grand Prix in Cheltenham (February 4-10), then the top 16 go on to the Ladbrokes Players Championship in Preston (March 4-10), and only the top eight will make it to the new Ladbrokes Tour Championship in Llandudno (March 19-24).

Lisowski is second on the list with £25,000 while Stuart Carrington made it to the semi-finals of a ranking event for the first time in his career and he sits third on £15,000, alongside Stephen Maguire.

On the official two-year list, Robertson remains in tenth place, while Lisowski is up from 26th to 24th. Carrington jumps from 50th to 44th.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/yushan-the- ... ghai-race/

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:Ricky Gervais has often tried to explain this theorem to his little, bald, round-headed radio show producer Karl Pilkington. However this is lost on Pilkington, who claims it "wouldn't 'appen" and that after all these years "there hasn't been one publication from a monkey".

That bit in the Xfm show is hilarious.

"Have they read Shakespeare?"

"But... if they don't know the story..."

I love Karl Pilkington.

Postby TheSaviour

Dan-cat wrote:

Wow! WTF! He's done a Robbo!

Poor and arrogant to be honest from Wenbo. Kind of a guessing something like that would be on the cards to him as he has played too well lately and they never can keep it up when that happens.

Selby vs Elliot Slessor looks a very tasty to me.

It seems to that Selby has either done everything spot on for years now or then he has done nothing right. Either way, only those two options left. If the answer is the latter one as I would guess, he will be steadily lose the ground from now on. Elliot on the other hand, seems a very adult and a mature like thinker. Needles to point out that obviously Selby´s still got the class, so he will be right up there to almost topping the rankings and consistently winning a matches like this. Not every even top player has class, yet still they can be very creative, consistent and intellingent players. Those things maybe but hard-working perhaps not. But Selby winning a multiple big titles anymore..? His got better better as a consistent 70break-machine but will that be enough now that the likes of Mark Williams has got back to his top-form and a few other old suspects very much threatining to also do so?

I would always rather talk about the class than trying to figure out which players are creative, having the flair, playing smart, tough or having a high IQ.... Well Selby got that class and Elliot has impressed me, so I would expect a very high quality match,

And by the way, I am volunteerely never again going to eat any game ever again. That moose was terrible.

And about Selby still; his main problem currently is that he so easily makes that 70 amongs the balls, which I know that basically wins the frame, but he is not even threatining to make that one last difficult cannon and kiss. That can give him some nervous moments when the match and the matches are progressing. It sort of a comes back to haunt him. As previously when he won those World-titles he was making those cannons and kisses also.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:Yan Bingtao throwing a strop.

Sorry, that sounds really racist.

On my phone when I watched that, I thought Liang Wenbo was the one sat down and Yan Bingtao was the one playing. :emb: I wondered what everybody was talking about.

Bad picture quality. Sorry, I didn't mean anything by it. :emb: