Post a reply

OPPO International Championship Qualifiers !!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Tuesday 9th ~ Friday 12th of October at the Barnsley Metrodome, England

Recent China Championship winner Mark Selby is the 2 time defending champion of this event, having beaten Ding Junhui and Mark Allen in the previous 2 editions and will be looking for a 3rd title, also because he has a lot of money to defend this season given he won 5 ranking events 2 seasons ago, and this was one of the most lucrative.

Trying to stop Selby are the likes of World Champion Mark Williams, 4 time World Champion John Higgins, Neil Robertson, Marco Fu, Barry Hawkins, Judd Trump, Mark Allen and of course China's number 1 player Ding Junhui. Ronnie O'Sullivan is the only top player missing.

Who shall win their qualifying match and book a place for China in Daqing?

Selected Last 128 matches
*Mark Selby v Li Yuan
*Noppon Saengkham v Wildcard
*Liang Wenbo v Ashley Huggill
Anthony McGill v Xu Si
Neil Robertson v Ross Muir
Xiao Guodong v Lukas Kleckers
Kyren Wilson v Nigel Bond
Barry Hawkins v Sanderson Lam
Marco Fu v Simon Lichtenberg
Jack Lisowski v Oliver Lines
Fergal O'Brien v Jimmy White
Judd Trump v Lu Ning
John Higgins v Peter Lines
Jimmy Robertson v Adam Stefanow
Luca Brecel v Jordan Brown
*Ding Junhui v Robin Hull
*Ben Woolaston v Wildcard
*Liam Highfield v Wildcard
*Gary Wilson v Wildcard
Shaun Murphy v Sam Baird
Mark Allen v Paul Davinson
*Mark Williams v Zhang Jiankang

* Matches are heldover and played in China

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: OPPO International Championship Qualifiers !!!

Postby carayip

TheRocket wrote:ROS missing again? Even this tournament.
He's really become a half time pro this season . And he puts himself under massive pressure as well. Next season he'll lose a lot of points.

He only needs to win the WC. He will be fine.

Postby SnookerFan

carayip wrote:
He's really become a half time pro this season . And he puts himself under massive pressure as well. Next season he'll lose a lot of points.

MasterDoctorGenius makes him 32nd favourite.

Postby SteveJJ

SnookerFan wrote:
carayip wrote:

That's quite optimistic for MDG.

Postby SnookerFan

SteveJJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
carayip wrote:

That's quite optimistic for MDG.

I was assuming he'd made the semi-final.

Postby Wildey

i really dont think thats a secret.

Ronnie doesent want to be a full time pro. hes got so many points he might see what happens this season and if its a flop he might play more next season.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:

i really dont think thats a secret.

Ronnie doesent want to be a full time pro. hes got so many points he might see what happens this season and if its a flop he might play more next season.

I agree.

Thing is with Ronnie.. when he senses danger, as for instance dropping rapidly in the rankings, he usually plays more tournaments and often wins some of them. As long as he stays in the Top 16 he doesnt worry.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:I don't mind as long as he's in the best shape possible for the Crucible.

As we learned from last season it might mean nothing having won some events prior to it.

Only Selby recently managed to win it after winning other rankers.

Postby Dan-cat

Weird Ronnie tweet:

Ronnie O'Sullivan @ronnieo147 1 minute ago

I can declare my game won’t be at the highest level until I decide to put the same work ethic the other guys do on tour. But don’t right me off, cause when I decide too, I’ll be competing for trophy’s

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Weird Ronnie tweet:

I can declare my game won’t be at the highest level until I decide to put the same work ethic the other guys do on tour. But don’t right me off, cause when I decide too, I’ll be competing for trophy’s

"Right me off"? Did Wild compose that tweet?

Postby carayip

SnookerFan wrote:He says that about work ethic, but look at Mark Williams.

After his Crucible win, he spent the following months ignoring practice and getting drunk. Still won the first tournament of the season.

Ronnie won his first tournament too at Shanghai, with Mark also in the field. Mark won his, without Ronnie in the draw. I think Ronnie’s win is arguably more impressive.

Postby The_Abbott

carayip wrote:

After his Crucible win, he spent the following months ignoring practice and getting drunk. Still won the first tournament of the season.

Ronnie won his first tournament too at Shanghai, with Mark also in the field. Mark won his, without Ronnie in the draw. I think Ronnie’s win is arguably more impressive.

But on that basis, Jimmy Robertson is greater than both of those because initially both Ronnie and Mark were in the draw for the European masters ;-)

Postby carayip

Who write Ronnie him off? I find no one exactly. Certainly not the bookies who are gonna make him fav for the upcoming English Open and every tournament he decides to enter.

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:
carayip wrote:

But on that basis, Jimmy Robertson is greater than both of those because initially both Ronnie and Mark were in the draw for the European masters ;-)

Yeah, but don't forget that by October, Ronnie had severely declined.

Postby Andre147

Yes he'll win more titles no doubt.

He's just playing less this season as opposed to last season, that's all. As I said earlier, when he senses danger, he usually plays more tournametns and often wins them. No worries here.

Postby TheRocket

Dan-cat wrote:
TheRocket wrote:The old man just tries to take some pressure off himself. Which is a sign that he's in strong shape and we'll see that at the English Open.

Yeah. Is that BO7s for the first few rounds?

Yeah. Bo7 in the first four rounds. Bo9 in quarters, 11 in semis and 17 in final.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
TheRocket wrote:The old man just tries to take some pressure off himself. Which is a sign that he's in strong shape and we'll see that at the English Open.

Yeah. Is that BO7s for the first few rounds?

MICKEY MOUSE!