Post a reply

Re: OPPO International Championship Qualifiers !!!

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Just for clarification and why I said he should have won more. I've seen many matches of Robbo over the last 4-5 years and at his best he can play to an extremely high level and at times he looks unplayable.

Thats something I could only say about peak O'Sullivan or peak Higgins of all the current players.

Robertson at his best is a breakbuilding machine who scores for fun and heavier than anyone else (alongside ROS). He's a fantastic long potter and at his best the best in the business imo.

He has more cuepower than anyone else (together with Trump) and a big advantage in power shots.

And his tactical and safety game is up there with the very best. He proved that tons of times against Selby and Higgins and he has a good record against both.

So yes. He should have won more with his ability and very high peak level but he hasn't. Thats how it is.

I Dont rate Robbo as a Breakbuilder in the Ronnie, Hendry or Higgins class Ding and Selby are actually better Breakbuilders than Robertson But hes been fantastic at recovery pots to carry a break on the problem with that is if you strugle with your game then you miss opertunities.

Unlike Selby Robertson has to be near his best to compete.

You hit the nail on the head there.

Robbo can only win tournaments playing his best or somewhere near it.

The likes of Selby ROS or Higgins have proven can win them without their best game.

Postby SnookerFan

Odd when you think about it.

Australian sports people often have a win at all costs approach.

You'd think it'd be taylor made for winning ugly.

Too much time playing Call Of Duty hasn't helped Robertson.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote:I Dont rate Robbo as a Breakbuilder in the Ronnie, Hendry or Higgins class Ding and Selby are actually better Breakbuilders than Robertson But hes been fantastic at recovery pots to carry a break on the problem with that is if you strugle with your game then you miss opertunities.

I agree with your last statement, but not with the first half of your post. Robbo is a much better breakbuilder than Selbo, and even than Ding and Higgins. He's made 102 tons in a season, that says it all.

Apart from ROS, nobody has a higher peak form than Robbo. He's an amazing long potter, a great breakbuilder and he has a very solid safety and tactical play.
Robbo's underachieving comes from 2 main reasons:
-addiction to stupid video games and thus not enough focus on snooker practice;
- weak mental skills.

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Wildey wrote:I Dont rate Robbo as a Breakbuilder in the Ronnie, Hendry or Higgins class Ding and Selby are actually better Breakbuilders than Robertson But hes been fantastic at recovery pots to carry a break on the problem with that is if you strugle with your game then you miss opertunities.

I agree with your last statement, but not with the first half of your post. Robbo is a much better breakbuilder than Selbo, and even than Ding and Higgins. He's made 102 tons in a season, that says it all.

Apart from ROS, nobody has a higher peak form than Robbo. He's an amazing long potter, a great breakbuilder and he has a very solid safety and tactical play.
Robbo's underachieving comes from 2 main reasons:
-addiction to stupid video games and thus not enough focus on snooker practice;
- weak mental skills.

I agree that Robbo is a better breakbuilder than Selby. Not sure about Ding but I think Higgins is a better breakbuilder than Robbo, but not by much.

I also think Higgins' peak form is better than Robbo's.

I think we've had this debate before :chin: