Post a reply

Re: OPPO International Championship Last 16!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
kolompar wrote:Stevens makes his first century of the season.

Stevens earned £107k last season (in ranking events.) Take away tour expenses (approx £25k) and add exhibitions that's not a bad salary to play a ball game considering the amount of time off you get, particularly if you are going out early in a lot of tournaments.

Good post.

Alot of people will scoff at that and say is that all, but you have to keep it in perspective. Yeah, it's not millions, but would you rather be earning 70k a year, travelling the world and doing something you love or 70k working some boring office job?

That's why I never feel too sorry for alot of these journeymen on the tour that complain about prize money. Sure, you're not earning the big bucks like the top boys, but you're still getting a great wage compared to the average man on the street.

I work in a boring office job, and don't make anything like 70k a year. I make a lot less than half that.

It's not a bad salary at all, even if it doesn't compare to some sports.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Stevens earned £107k last season (in ranking events.) Take away tour expenses (approx £25k) and add exhibitions that's not a bad salary to play a ball game considering the amount of time off you get, particularly if you are going out early in a lot of tournaments.

Good post.

Alot of people will scoff at that and say is that all, but you have to keep it in perspective. Yeah, it's not millions, but would you rather be earning 70k a year, travelling the world and doing something you love or 70k working some boring office job?

That's why I never feel too sorry for alot of these journeymen on the tour that complain about prize money. Sure, you're not earning the big bucks like the top boys, but you're still getting a great wage compared to the average man on the street.

I work in a boring office job, and don't make anything like 70k a year. I make a lot less than half that.

Indeed.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Good post.

Yeah I agree, I wasn't having a go or anything. I mean I'm in the same boat in that I don't earn anywhere near 70k either.

I was just trying to make the point that most snooker players, despite not rolling in stacks of cash, still have it really good.

Postby Iranu

Travel expenses must eat heavily into that £70K, to be fair.

But I agree and I'm sure most of us would swap positions with them without hesitation.