Post a reply

OPPO International Championship Last 16!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Sunday 28th of October ~ Sunday 4th of November at the Baihu Filming Base, Daqing, China

After a tough match with Rob Milkins Mark Selby is Still in the hunt for a hatrick of International Champiionships he will next play Stuart Carrington who came from 5-1 down to beat Ian Burns 6-5 in the previous Round.

There are multi Ranking event winners lurking making it difficult for Selby. Neil Robertson, Judd Trump, Allister Carter, Ding Junhui and the beaten finalist last year Mark Allen still there.

Who makes the Quarter Finals?

DRAW

Last 16
Mark Selby v Stuart Carrington Selby leads 4-0
Neil Robertson v Yuan Sijun Never played before
Martin Gould v Jack Lisowski Tied at 2-2
Yan Bingtao v Judd Trump Trump leads 1-0
----------------------------------------
Martin O'Donnell v David Gilbert Gilbert leads 3-2
Matthew Stevens v Ding Junhui Ding Junhui leads 8-1
Alfie Burden v Mark Allen Burden leads 1-0
Allister Carter v Akani Songsermsawad Carter leads 1-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: OPPO International Championship Last 16!!!

Postby Andre147

Like Wild mentioned, no player since Hendry at the 1996 UK has managed to win the same ranker 3 times on the spin.

ROS came very close at the 2014 Worlds. Will the same player that stopped him manage to win this tournament 3 times on the spin?

Lomg way to go, put Sely is that type of animal who'd bet on doing it.

Postby Drew1404

When judd actually turns up he's almost unplayable, but yan had chances today. I've said this before but I was caught up in the yan hype last year but to be honest I think he's down the pecking order of the up and coming Chinese players. Xintong is a far more naturally gifted player and he's working on the rest of his game now and it's showing. Honghao has a big future ahead, he's got the eyes of a winner, sijun also has something about him. Yuelong is similar tho he's sort of fallen to the wayside. I predict xintong and Honghao to rise to the top. Bingtao is decent safety wise and can pot a decent ball but for all the practice he apparently puts in he doesn't show any natural flair. He may end up like a Higgins type player but I don't see the killer instinct and one visit clearances. It will be interesting to see how these young players will develop.

Postby Dan-cat

Drew1404 wrote:When judd actually turns up he's almost unplayable, but yan had chances today. I've said this before but I was caught up in the yan hype last year but to be honest I think he's down the pecking order of the up and coming Chinese players. Xintong is a far more naturally gifted player and he's working on the rest of his game now and it's showing. Honghao has a big future ahead, he's got the eyes of a winner, sijun also has something about him. Yuelong is similar tho he's sort of fallen to the wayside. I predict xintong and Honghao to rise to the top. Bingtao is decent safety wise and can pot a decent ball but for all the practice he apparently puts in he doesn't show any natural flair. He may end up like a Higgins type player but I don't see the killer instinct and one visit clearances. It will be interesting to see how these young players will develop.

You're dead right Drew. I was caught up in the Yan hype.The Chinese contingent makes for great storylines. Judd wasn't troubled in the slightest today, it felt like me playing the best player in my club - a no contest.

Postby SnookerFan

When do the Champion of Champions fixtures/groups get announced?

I know one of the places depends on who wins this tournament, but you'd think they could work around that fairly easily.

Postby SnookerFan

Curses. Just made a mistake. Logged onto Twitter, and saw Snookerbacker mentioned that Judd had won. Don't know the score. Might still watch his match tonight, as it's a cracker. Depends on what match is on in the afternoon.

After my close shave this morning, as well. :grrr: Might even be the last chance I get to watch a match this week, as well.

Maybe just have The Apprentice on at 9 instead. rofl

At least with The Champion Of Champions on next week, there'll be some matches on during my time zone. I'll have to be less careful what I do.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Curses. Just made a mistake. Logged onto Twitter, and saw Snookerbacker mentioned that Judd had won. Don't know the score. Might still watch his match tonight, as it's a cracker. Depends on what match is on in the afternoon.

After my close shave this morning, as well. :grrr: Might even be the last chance I get to watch a match this week, as well.

Maybe just have The Apprentice on at 9 instead. rofl

At least with The Champion Of Champions on next week, there'll be some matches on during my time zone. I'll have to be less careful what I do.

You know the rules! If you want to avoid a score you have to avoid all Social Media and news outlets of any kind...